Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-07-2014, 03:00 AM   #1
Pro Bro

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Garnet Red
'14 2LT Camaro LFX Engine Misfire

Tried to remote start my Camaro this morning to find out it wouldn't work. So I went inside and turned the key and CEL was on.

My oil is fine, I always run the highest grade gasoline, have a catch can installed, etc.

Been driving it hard past couple days, but don't understand why I would get an engine misfire on an engine with 9500 miles that has had a catch can on it before 2000 miles with 91 octane gas.

Going to take it into the dealership Monday, hopefully its just an ECM software error and has nothing to deal with the engine.
Pro Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
That is crazy, keep us posted!
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Which dealer?

I live in Yucaipa. It's under the 36k warranty but just watch them. I don't trust too many people to touch my ride...dealers included.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #4
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
There's a tsb out for it. Have to re program the ecu. Had mine done a few months ago and hasn't come back.
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
how do you know it's an engine misfire?
Old 09-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bro View Post
Tried to remote start my Camaro this morning to find out it wouldn't work. So I went inside and turned the key and CEL was on.

My oil is fine, I always run the highest grade gasoline, have a catch can installed, etc.

Been driving it hard past couple days, but don't understand why I would get an engine misfire on an engine with 9500 miles that has had a catch can on it before 2000 miles with 91 octane gas.

Going to take it into the dealership Monday, hopefully its just an ECM software error and has nothing to deal with the engine.
Sorry to hear about your engine misfire. I realize how concerning that would be and apologize for any frustration. Keep us posted on the results of your dealer visit. If necessary, I can contact their designated Customer Experience Manager if you have any additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
Pro Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
how do you know it's an engine misfire?
I had Onstar look up the CEL code while I was driving and they confirmed it is the engine misfire code.

Dealership service opens up on Monday, so we will see how this turns out.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #8
TASII

Drives: 14 1LT RS-15 Equinox1LT-11 Forester
I had the same problem with my mine. Dealership did the reprogram and I have not had any issues since.
TASII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #9
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
So what was causing it?
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #10
TASII

Drives: 14 1LT RS-15 Equinox1LT-11 Forester
From what the dealer told me it was just a software glitch. I went to drive the car after about a week of it sitting and immediately after starting the CEL was on the dash. OnStar confirmed it was a misfire code. Driving the car it did not appear to have any misfire. My Camaro only has about 2600 miles and the CEL came up around 2k
TASII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #11
Pro Bro

Dealership said it was a software glitch and reset, but said to come immediately back if it popped up again.

All seems well so far, seems odd I would get a misfire code
Old 09-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bro View Post
Dealership said it was a software glitch and reset, but said to come immediately back if it popped up again.

All seems well so far, seems odd I would get a misfire code
Pro Bro,

Thanks for your update! It's great to hear that the dealer addressed your concerns and now service is complete. Please let us know how the vehicle operates moving forward and don't hesitate to message us if any additional questions or concerns arise.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #13
Pro Bro

Well, my CEL for P0300 code came in again, this time with impacted performance.

Got it over to the dealership imminently the next day, trying my damnest not to go over 2.5k rpm (really hard in this car).

Dealership is going to check it out seriously now, and check for carbon deposits or other faulty components. They gave me a fully optioned out Chevy Cruze LTZ to drive, not bad but not a Camaro. (Give the Camaro a DCT option like the Cruze)

We will see what the dealership says in a day or two.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #14
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Keep us posted.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote