Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 04-16-2010, 07:24 PM   #183
jnewberr2ssrs

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethgrce View Post
Thought I would try this thread first! I met alot of you last Sunday when we all met at Dos Hermonos on Jefferson. I have sent an email to the Camaro5 site to see if there is a copyright on thier logo. If I can get the art work from them on thier logo then I can have some black T=shirts printed with the logo in white, possibly an abstract of the Camaro outline and then Albuquerque New Mexico Chapter or whateve everyone comes up with. I can get them fairly cheap....will work on it once we get approval and see if alot of you are interested. Keep watching this thread and the Albuquerque Cruising thread!
If I'm well read on my Camaro5 threads over the past year (and I may be wrong), the problem before in making Camaro5 apparel isn't so much the willingness of Camaro5 to allow us but rather the fact that the word "Camaro" is a registered trademark to GM and being that said registered trademark is part of the name of the site (obviously) presents some difficulties in getting approval. I may be wrong and it may not be that much of a problem but in any case I know it is possible in the end to somehow sell Camaro5 apparel because I bought a sharp-looking Camaro5 sweatshirt from one the members on here a few months ago.

Great to meet you last weekend!

Scott

Last edited by jnewberr2ssrs; 04-16-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: inserted name
jnewberr2ssrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #184
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
I'm sorry I won't be about to do the Sandia Raceway meet, but I will be in Phoenix that weekend! Next time for sure! Anyone up for a meet and greet and possible cruise on Sunday May 2nd? As Ivan said before, how about making it a monthly event. The first Sunday of the Month, meet at Dos Hermanos on Jefferson and then decide, depending on the weather , if we want to take a cruise! I'll keep watching!
Everyone wanna plan on the 2nd then??

RSVP nowish?? lol

I think that the monthly meet would be great so that we can pass the word along to new Camaro owners as well. So they might be able to come out and know when it is for sure.

Yeah, the "Camaro" part is the speedbump in the process.

(as far as I'm concerned....well. I'll leave it for offline/in person talk.)

We could probably ask whoever is in charge of selling the Camaro5 shirts if we can get a "group buy" of say 20 and then maybe have somebody here that we know and can get a "good old boy/girl" deal on some "Albuquerque Chapter" logo added to it.

Just an idea. ???

So everybody wanna shoot for the 2nd then???

I'll go first....I'm in!
-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #185
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
I'm game for the 2nd! It will be great to see everyone again and hopefully get some new people! Hopefully the weather will improve and we can take a cruise! Maybe a cruise down Central through downtown and then around through old town! Shock all the tourists! Especially if we have a good turn out! Any other ideas?
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #186
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
Hey bethgrce yesterday morning this thread was about 10 down, then you come in and make a post and boom right back up top. I'm starting to think you are doing this on purpose!!!!!! Lol, jk. I think this thread will live forever.
rharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #187
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Shit, I'll be on my homneymoon on the 2nd...one of these days I'll meet all of you though.

I did somehow make it to the free church auto x last night before I went to work. I got two runs in taking it "slow" which ended up being really fast with some great times! I've got to tell you guys, if you haven't pushed the limits of your car, don't be afraid to! The stability control system is FANTASTIC! It's comparable to AWD. The competitive mode really just gives yo ua little more leeway, but once you start to lose it, the car pulls you right back in. An amazing system on a RWD monster. I can't wait to explore it some more!
Old 04-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #188
Bethgrce

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharp View Post
Hey bethgrce yesterday morning this thread was about 10 down, then you come in and make a post and boom right back up top. I'm starting to think you are doing this on purpose!!!!!! Lol, jk. I think this thread will live forever.
Well, since I started it I thought I better keep it going! Trying to see how many hits before it makes it into the upper section! You guys coming on the 2nd?
Old 04-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #189
Bethgrce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewberr2ssrs View Post
If I'm well read on my Camaro5 threads over the past year (and I may be wrong), the problem before in making Camaro5 apparel isn't so much the willingness of Camaro5 to allow us but rather the fact that the word "Camaro" is a registered trademark to GM and being that said registered trademark is part of the name of the site (obviously) presents some difficulties in getting approval. I may be wrong and it may not be that much of a problem but in any case I know it is possible in the end to somehow sell Camaro5 apparel because I bought a sharp-looking Camaro5 sweatshirt from one the members on here a few months ago.

Great to meet you last weekend!

Scott
Hey Scott! I really like the sound of your Camaro! I came home and told my husband about that remote bipass. What brand was that and also what type of exhaust do you have on there? I have the GM Performace exhaust, but its not giving me the sound I want! Any help?
Old 04-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #190
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharp View Post
It should...we're about to become the most active Southwest Group this summer.

LOL.

Anybody got anything new going on with their rigs??? I got a boatload of stuff sitting in my garage that I got in this week if anybody is bored and needs some headers or Diablos.....

I should have the Catbacks and one installed on my car by the 2nd.....did the CMR Diablo tune......that's really it. Been working silly at the regular job.

What's new guys and gals??
-Ivan
Old 04-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #191
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Hey Scott! I really like the sound of your Camaro! I came home and told my husband about that remote bipass. What brand was that and also what type of exhaust do you have on there? I have the GM Performace exhaust, but its not giving me the sound I want! Any help?
Beth, you need some short tubes headers for that beast! lol

You live in Bernalillo county?? If not, I'd totally recommend some long tube headers!

That was the first thing we did and BAMSKI!!!! immediate difference.

Here's a quick vid the day I installed em...no other mods at all back then!!!

Sorry about the username...had it and couldn't change it so....sorry. lol

-Ivan
Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #192
68RSZ

Drives: 68 RSZ & 2010 SS2RS
We are in for the 2nd.
68RSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #193
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
Yeah we're in for the 2nd. Are we doin 9:30 again?
rharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #194
tanderson

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Transformer
Send a message via Yahoo to tanderson
Sorry I missed the first one. Will try to make it to the second!
tanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #195
Bethgrce

Thanks Ivan for the info! Yes I live in Bernalillo County....I might have to talk to you somemore on this! All I want is to sound like th beast that she is! Without going totally into hock! Any help is appreciated!
Sunday the 2nd at 9:30 or 10 sounds great to me! Lets shoot for 20 Camaro's! Keep this thread going!!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:57 AM   #196
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Question for you guys with the painted GFX, how much did that run you and where did you get them painted?

Thanks in advance!