Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #99
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Its been a while since I've taken part in a completely derailed thread. Reminds me of the days of the Shunt rope ... lol
Please remove that last part. We do not need to get anyone started again.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #100
101ABN
Still stuck in Iraq!

Drives: MRAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummerman View Post
I think he should flog her in the back of Mr happys 68 and call er a day

And maybe in the 6 banger to for comparison.
Sort of like a test drive?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #101
chrisrcromwell
chrisrcromwell

Drives: [REPOED:3/12] 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
First I'm a 1st gen owner but you won't hear me say anything bad about the 5th gen or any other Camaro for that matter. I do know you are upset because it sounds like you got an un-provoked attack by a rather narrow minded 1st gen owner. I do hope the forum population isn't coming in mid argument and we are getting the whole story...

At that I do want to point out that what you are saying here about the 1st gen is completely off base and not true. Again I think your anger over the e-mail is getting the best of you. I won't pick at your every point but would like to share a bit about the 1st gens that got the whole Camaro thing going. There is no shortage of parts, almost all are available in reproduction and you would be surprised how much of the old just keeps ticking. My own '69 ragtop is over 40 years old and has only had one repaint. In the 10 or so years I have owned it I have put 30k - 40k miles on the car has seen back to back 500 mile days as well as over 2000 miles in a week on one trip. It's got a carb and 400hp and at 60mph will pull in 23 mpg and at 70 or so gets 20 mpg. Not bad for a old school technology. No it's not my daily driver but then so what, it could be if I wanted it to be. It's just as reliable as any car I have ever owned and if it breaks I can fix it myself with hand tools if necessary. As well my car is worth much more today than it was back when I bought it, even with all the changes and upgrades (mods if you wish) I have made.

The picture at the bottom of this post is from a Chevy Rev-it-Up event where I got invited to display my '69 with the ragtop prototype. It was really cool to have my old iron on display with the future and to know what started over 40 years ago is still alive.

All I'm asking is don't take your anger out on the car, it has no say in who owns it! The Camaro is a legend and one of the most famous names in automotive history and there is plenty of room for all generations to co-exist and be respected for what they each bring to the name sake! Would you believe the prototype ragtop and my car got along great for 4 days and 3 nights even with all the stress associated with being on display and everyone walking around talking about which was their favorite! In the end they were both winners and represented the Camaro name equally though different in their own ways!

PS the 1st gen was assembled in 2 plants, one in Los Angeles CA and the other in Norwood Ohio...
PQ, thank you for telling me to just enjoy my car, I intend too. At least my Camaro is real & can prove it. I don't see Dave proving his imaginary car, so he might be dreaming to have one or something.

Dennis, thank you for your insightful info. I'm new to the Camaro brand of cars and trying to learn as much as I can within the past few short months, so the info I come across at first glance I just take as fact. I just remember reading in the Camaro Performance Magazine Q&A, that parts & correct wiring harness are hard to come by for Camaros 3rd gen & older. So I just took that as fact, but yeah, I was pretty ticked off for getting insulted when there was no reason for it. There was still plenty of other ways to put that email. Anyway, your comments have helped me feel better. But I still hope this Dave will get what he deserves. Congrats getting your car next to the 5th gen, nice pics!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #102
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm American.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being so much a part of your country that you become kinda eliteist. As long as you keep it in perspective.

I actually never really knew that. I mean the way the rest of the world sees the terms. I'm American. If that includes Canada, then so be it. I've always been proud of my Canadian bros and sisters anyway.

I will say this though: .......... Every time I've heard a foreigner, wether in person or on TV (not movies or shows, but news and interveiws) They've refered to us as Americans.
I agree! Patriotism is awesome!!!
NATIONALISM... however...

Aaaand I have American family & friends so, yes, I have absolutely no problem saying that you're part of Canada. Or at least, friendly cousins.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #103
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Its been a while since I've taken part in a completely derailed thread. Reminds me of the days of the Shunt rope ... lol
Completely! Kinda fun, ain't it?

Closed Thread