Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-05-2018, 04:46 PM   #1
BenzinaBrera

Drives: Alfa Romeo Brera V6
Nobody using Twin Screw - Why??

as the title suggests, i see a lot of supercharger kits used to be available and still is but all of them i see is centrifugal.

my question is why are there no twin screw setups? Rx was busy with a topmount but i dont know if it was TS or Roots and there is no info if it was a success or not and how much power it made.

i can get a nice whipple W140AX for a song and am considering throwing it on my LLT powered Alfa Brera along with some LF4 internals to handle the boost. just not sure what im gonna do about the fuelling as i think the hpfp and injectors on the alfa differs from yours and cant flow 550hp worth of fuelling

but i digress, are there any reason a whipple should not work on these engines?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506561
Old 08-07-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Yeah, hood clearance first and foremost.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #4
BenzinaBrera

the power output is dissapointing vs what the guys do with the centri type chargers, i wonder why, is it because its TVS type and not twin screw?

Old 08-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
It's because it's a 1320 unit on a 3.6L V6. They're spinning the crap out of it to make any kind of boost but that means a ton of heat and the heat exchanger can't be too big because of the hood clearance but the heat exchanger needs to be big to disappate the heat properly and...

It's all fitment issues. If the engine sat lower and we could get, say, a 1.7L or a 1.9L (that would be silly power on a V6) super on top, it would be different. More boost, less heat.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:21 PM   #6
BenzinaBrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
It's because it's a 1320 unit on a 3.6L V6. They're spinning the crap out of it to make any kind of boost but that means a ton of heat and the heat exchanger can't be too big because of the hood clearance but the heat exchanger needs to be big to disappate the heat properly and...

It's all fitment issues. If the engine sat lower and we could get, say, a 1.7L or a 1.9L (that would be silly power on a V6) super on top, it would be different. More boost, less heat.
oh damn so the w140ax 2.3L would be massive for the 3.6 hahaha