Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-17-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
Silverado60

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS M6
1st road course upgrade?

I have a 2010 Ls3. Mostly stock suspension. Only upgrade is bmr 1.25 drop springs. I’m going to head to the road course for the second time next month.
What upgrade will give me the best result.
Cradle bushings? Sway bar? Toe rod?
Would love to do it all but can’t afford that....
Just put on a new set of nitto. Nt05

Sorry for the double post
Texas speed F-35 cam, rollmaster timing set, melling hp pump, ls2 chain damper, fluid damper 25% under drive, Che rocker bushings, tsp .660 lift valve springs, BBK CAI Amzoil filter with Phastek ww relocation and scoop, Gmpp axle back, Speed engineering 1 7/8" LT's no cats, Peak speed shop ported tb, NGK tr6, MSD wires, Amsoil Zrod wix, heritage grill, 1.25" BMR springs, MRR 228, Nitto Nt05,dyno tuned by complete street performance, elite eng catch can, clean side separator, Hurst shifter, Zl1 addon wickerbill
Silverado60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #2
Rons1le

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE AGM
Sway bars, trailing arms, lower control bushings, toe rods and strut tower bar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2015 2SS RS 1LE NPP/w Kooks headers, Procharged, ID1050X injectors, Katech belt tensioner, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, BMR subframe connectors, Matco driveshaft loop, AEM Wideband/Boost/Fuel gauges , Z/28 Splitter and Spoiler/w Wicker bill, Power Stop rotors and brake pads, MRR Z/28 Rep Wheels 20" w/p zeros 285 fronts and 305 rears, ZL1 addons Rock guards and Tow hook, Rear window louvers, Flags on the quarter windows and the moonroof, Billet aluminum door handles.
Rons1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #3
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
Brakes

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:35 PM   #4
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Kinda of a subjective question where do you feel the car lacks. If you find a 1LE front bar and a DSE 35mm hollow bar or come across a JPSS 32mm solid bar jump on those. Have you swapped your cradle bushings? That will help with acceleration since the cradle won’t wind up on you. Get a set of front Z28 radius arms they have a stiffer insert and will improve steering wheel return and sharpness. Brakes are a good upgrade but can get out of hand real quick cost wise, just check the road course thread an see what pads everyone is running, I run a hodgepodge of braking in mine CTS-V calipers with Z06 pistons, CTS-V rotors with Stainless lines and a stock rear setup they work very well on stock pads. Tires and wheels are huge as well because if you reduce rotating mass you can improve acceleration and stickier/softer tread compound like a GY Supercar G2 in 285 all the way around on a staggerEd 20x10s and 20x11s(1LE setup) the stretching over the 11 inch rim will help with turn in.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:26 PM   #5
Silverado60

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Kinda of a subjective question where do you feel the car lacks. If you find a 1LE front bar and a DSE 35mm hollow bar or come across a JPSS 32mm solid bar jump on those. Have you swapped your cradle bushings? That will help with acceleration since the cradle won’t wind up on you. Get a set of front Z28 radius arms they have a stiffer insert and will improve steering wheel return and sharpness. Brakes are a good upgrade but can get out of hand real quick cost wise, just check the road course thread an see what pads everyone is running, I run a hodgepodge of braking in mine CTS-V calipers with Z06 pistons, CTS-V rotors with Stainless lines and a stock rear setup they work very well on stock pads. Tires and wheels are huge as well
because if you reduce rotating mass you can improve acceleration and stickier/softer tread compound like a GY Supercar G2 in 285 all the way around on a staggerEd 20x10s and 20x11s(1LE setup) the stretching over the 11 inch rim will help with turn in.
I’ve seen other threads mention the CT’s-v setup. Are they a direct bolt on or are other modifications needed?

The car just doesn’t seem to rotate very well and has a lot of body roll.
I have a pretty good idea of what a good setup should look like I was just trying to see what the biggest bang for the buck was
Texas speed F-35 cam, rollmaster timing set, melling hp pump, ls2 chain damper, fluid damper 25% under drive, Che rocker bushings, tsp .660 lift valve springs, BBK CAI Amzoil filter with Phastek ww relocation and scoop, Gmpp axle back, Speed engineering 1 7/8" LT's no cats, Peak speed shop ported tb, NGK tr6, MSD wires, Amsoil Zrod wix, heritage grill, 1.25" BMR springs, MRR 228, Nitto Nt05,dyno tuned by complete street performance, elite eng catch can, clean side separator, Hurst shifter, Zl1 addon wickerbill
Old 08-18-2020, 08:31 AM   #6
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
The 2010 has the older design sway bar/control arm FE3 setup. That's where I would start. At least update to FE4.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398746
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:21 AM   #7
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
The CTS-V is a bolt on but again can get out of hand quickly the calipers are the same as ZL1, CTS-V, and C7 Z06/GS (the Vette calipers have vented pistons) you’ll need a back plate different lines and rotors can be spendy as well but Rock Auto as a good deal on Brembo rotors. An yes swap over to the the FE4 LCAs an sway bar maybe start with a 1LE set first an go from there.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 01:29 PM   #8
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
I’m with Ss performance. Brakes for sure. On my first track day, my brakes faded. I did a flush and put in dot 4 ate blue fluid before hand. It Scared the belzub out of me. After that, I put in z06 brakes calipers, zl1 rotors and stainless lines.

On my second track day, I didn’t have any issues with braking. Now I can focus on driving without worrying so much. I also view brakes as a safety item so I did them first.

If you didn’t experience brake fade, you eventually will, unless your track doesn’t have long straights. Olblue is right, Rock auto had the lowest price on calipers. They just say “corvette” on them. I did mine earlier this year. Where are you in pa?
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:22 PM   #9
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Autocross and especially road course use is especially hard on wheel bearings, valve springs, brakes which were covered already and the CV joints of the rear axles. Definitely go with DOT4 fluid whether you stay with 4 piston front calipers or 6 piston ZL1/CTS/Corvette calipers. I like the Brembo brake pads the come on the ZL1. Separating the clutch fluid from the brake reservoir is also a must, there are kits do that which some are copies of what I did nearly a decade ago. I use ZL1 wheel bearings at all 4 corners. Will be trying Nitto NT05's this fall for the first time, buddy ran them and they had tons of grip.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:23 PM   #10
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I gave you suggestions in your other Thread

Cradle Bushings, Trailing Arms & Toe Rods
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:07 PM   #11
Silverado60

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
The 2010 has the older design sway bar/control arm FE3 setup. That's where I would start. At least update to FE4.
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398746
Is it worth buying new lca’s to do the fe4 setup? I can get a pretty nice sway bar for my setup
Old 08-18-2020, 06:09 PM   #12
Silverado60

Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Autocross and especially road course use is especially hard on wheel bearings, valve springs, brakes which were covered already and the CV joints of the rear axles. Definitely go with DOT4 fluid whether you stay with 4 piston front calipers or 6 piston ZL1/CTS/Corvette calipers. I like the Brembo brake pads the come on the ZL1. Separating the clutch fluid from the brake reservoir is also a must, there are kits do that which some are copies of what I did nearly a decade ago. I use ZL1 wheel bearings at all 4 corners. Will be trying Nitto NT05's this fall for the first time, buddy ran them and they had tons of grip.
Why is it everyone uses dot4 fluid? Isn’t dot 5.1 a better option? I’ve never used either just trying to sort it out

Update: after some research I ordered Motul 100949 – RBF600 DOT4 Racing Brake Fluid

Last edited by Silverado60; 08-18-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:39 AM   #13
Silverado60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
I’m with Ss performance. Brakes for sure. On my first track day, my brakes faded. I did a flush and put in dot 4 ate blue fluid before hand. It Scared the belzub out of me. After that, I put in z06 brakes calipers, zl1 rotors and stainless lines.

On my second track day, I didn’t have any issues with braking. Now I can focus on driving without worrying so much. I also view brakes as a safety item so I did them first.

If you didn’t experience brake fade, you eventually will, unless your track doesn’t have long straights. Olblue is right, Rock auto had the lowest price on calipers. They just say “corvette” on them. I did mine earlier this year. Where are you in pa?
I'm in central pa near Raystown lake
Old 08-19-2020, 08:53 AM   #14
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado60 View Post
Is it worth buying new lca’s to do the fe4 setup? I can get a pretty nice sway bar for my setup
I think so. It changes the leverage ratio to make the sway bar more effective. It's what Justice Pete recommended and at $40 each + $20 each for sway bar links it gives you much more options for sway bars.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote