Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
WillTuker

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS Victory Red
X-pipe vs Resonated X-pipe

Okay sorry... Last post... I'm on leave for the next two weeks and don't have much time to work on my car..

I have a 2013 LFX with SLP loudmouth 1, Solo Hi-flow cats, and K&N Typhoon intake....

I have drone due to the muffler delete Loudmouth setup... its bad but not a deal breaker...

My question is:

Will an X-pipe like this --> make the exhaust note louder and deeper? Will it improve performance? Is it possible to cut out the stock resonators and replace it with this x-pipe?

I have heard that the resonated x-pipe like this quiets the exhaust up but does eliminate the drone..
WillTuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
The x pipe wont make it louder, it will actually tone it down a bit. It balance out both exhaust banks, it will make the tone a little deeper, and should fix some of your drone. I actually had a magnaflow tru X installed the other day and had it taken off today, I am running LT headers, no cats,true duals, and flowmaster super 10 mufflers. The x pipe toned my exhaust down more than I wanted and I didnt like it. I may have gained a couple of HP from the x pipe but I love my loud exhaust
Old 01-03-2014, 12:07 AM   #3
WillTuker

Guess I'll just have to suck up the drone... I just want it louder!!!!!!! Is there anything else I can do to make it louder?

K&N Typhoon Intake, VMax PTB, Elite Oil Catch Can, Solo Hi-Flow Cats, SLP Loudmouth 1, Technostalgia LED Sequential Turn Signals, Oracle LED Reverse Lights, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior, Barton STS, RS Embroidered Headrests
Old 01-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #4
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTuker View Post
Okay sorry... Last post... I'm on leave for the next two weeks and don't have much time to work on my car..

I have a 2013 LFX with SLP loudmouth 1, Solo Hi-flow cats, and K&N Typhoon intake....

I have drone due to the muffler delete Loudmouth setup... its bad but not a deal breaker...

My question is:

Will an X-pipe like this --> make the exhaust note louder and deeper? Will it improve performance? Is it possible to cut out the stock resonators and replace it with this x-pipe?

I have heard that the resonated x-pipe like this quiets the exhaust up but does eliminate the drone..
I have the magnaflow x pipe muffler and it works great. the body of mine is 18" long while that one that you're showing is 14" long. Also i still kept the stock resonators in for additional help.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #5
WillTuker

What if I cut out the stock resonators or H-pipe (whatever it is called) and replaced it with just pipe?

K&N Typhoon Intake, VMax PTB, Elite Oil Catch Can, Solo Hi-Flow Cats, SLP Loudmouth 1, Technostalgia LED Sequential Turn Signals, Oracle LED Reverse Lights, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior, Barton STS, RS Embroidered Headrests
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 AM   #6
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
doing that will prob just give you more drone.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:40 AM   #7
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
if you want loud then do not get the x-pipe. It will kill the drone but also tone your system down a bit. I have my resonators deleted and had the magnaflow x-pipe installed on my setup because I could not stand the drone. It really cleaned up my system and I love it now.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #8
2SSRSGTOTA

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS Coupe Rally Yellow
I went with x pipe and sound nice
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS 6.2L L99 Auto
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 5.3L V8 Auto (sold)
2004 Pontiac GTO 5.7L V8 LS1 Auto
1995 Pontiac Trans Am 5.7L V8 LT1 LE2.2 Auto
2SSRSGTOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:13 AM   #9
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
What if I cut out the stock resonators or H-pipe (whatever it is called) and replaced it with just pipe?
If you cut out the H pipe you will lose the "scavenging effect" and this will result in a slight loss of power and uneven sound in your exhaust system. if you want louder remove the stock resonators, that should give you a increase in sound. i don't know about you but i drive my car every day and imo if your car is real loud it could get obnoxious over time.... just a heads up. my philosophy is, do it right or do it twice. before you know it after modifying your exhaust multiple times you could spend up to 1-2k in no time. just for my custom exhaust i paid $600 cash but i absolutely love my exhaust note, i couldn't be happier.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:54 AM   #10
WillTuker

All I have to say is: screw GM for the integrated header design... Oh what I'd do for LT headers O__o

Old 01-03-2014, 02:10 AM   #11
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
All I have to say is: screw GM for the integrated header design... Oh what I'd do for LT headers O__o
I win!
honestly i didn't know GM did that to the 2012+ camaros when i first got mine. i just bought a 2011 because it was what i wanted.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:54 AM   #12
killercamaro23

Drives: 2012 camaro 2LS
Quote:
Guess I'll just have to suck up the drone... I just want it louder!!!!!!! Is there anything else I can do to make it louder?
You don't want a loud v6 lol trust me. I have solo hfc, bbk xpipe (2.5") and SLP LM 1 . its soo loud . but if you do want it louder. get your cats out and resonators . get the bbk pipes
killercamaro23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:27 PM   #13
TX12Camaro

Drives: 2022 Cheverolet Camaro RS V6
Installing the Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe in place of the H-Pipe definitely will NOT kill the drone. It may make it bit deeper, but it will still be there - very pronounced in low to mid RPM ranges. I finally took off my MBRP Axle-Back system because the drone was just too obnoxious. I'm now heavily considering the Dynomax VT System like Kenny Camaro has.

And while the X-Pipe will adversely effect power, it only does so on the low end. On the mid- to top-end, it will actually increase performance.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:32 PM   #14
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Trade it in for a 10 or 11. All it will cost you is 12 or 18 hp and a dozen or so pounds.
The long tubes are nice, for sure.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote