The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Z06 Discussions

Old 11-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Ordering a Z06/Z07, need options advice!

Hi all, first post. I'm still trying to figure out the different options on the Z06/7, but had to get an order in quickly -- my dealer called me with an available build slot.

Here's how I spec'ed things out -- for now. My goal is to have a super track-day car that is reasonably comfortable to drive to distant tracks. If it doesn't make it faster, or lighter, I don't much care. Oh yeah -- I realize the automatic is supposed to be faster, but I'm not sure about long-term heat soak issues when driving on-track in hot climates. Thunderhill gets above 100-degrees on a regular basis, and it sounds like Randy Pobst triggered the heat warnings on an automatic-equipped test car.

My biggest issue? I have to work out significant fit issues before taking delivery. i'm 6'7" tall and a reasonably fit 230 pounds -- but I do NOT fit in the standard C7 (not even close). Mainly it's headroom -- even without a helmet -- but I'll need more legroom to properly pedal the manual transmission. I only spec'ed the Comp Sports Seats because I'm hoping they're more like racing shells -- but my dealer couldn't give me any hard details on them.

With all that said, here's what I have. I welcome the input of folks who -- unlike me -- have been following every detail of this car since it was only a rumor. I was like that on the Z/28, but I really thought there was no way I'd fit into the Z06. However, after the Z06 posted a lap that was 5-seconds faster than the Z/28 around Milford, I decided to figure out a way...

TENTATIVE OPTIONS LIST:
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Manual/7-speed transmission
1LZ interior
Silver Blade exterior
Black interior
Z07 Package
Carbon-Flash painted Aero package
Spectra grey wheels w/grey brake calipers
NAV w/Performance Data Recorder
Competition Sports Seats w/matching steering wheel
Carbon-Flash painted mirrors
Old 11-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
I sell new Chevys and can tell you the c7 has less leg room than the c6... head room is a bit small as well.. My dealer has an open slot for build cycle #2 which is before June(just throwing that out there as well). As far as weight goes, the z07 will add mostly aero, obviously a good option for track-day funday. Not sure if that helps any but if you're tracking the car I would go 1LZ/z07.. unless you just really want the 2LZ or 3LZ because racecar.
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote