Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
how to win a car show...

i always wanted to win a car show, i just never had any idea on how to do so...
how have you guys won a car show, what was being looked at mostly
post pics up of your event wins!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
Mint

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Clean and wax the car. Seems simple but adds a lot to the look.
Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
2SSRSGTOTA

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS Coupe Rally Yellow
What category you want to win?
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS 6.2L L99 Auto
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 5.3L V8 Auto (sold)
2004 Pontiac GTO 5.7L V8 LS1 Auto
1995 Pontiac Trans Am 5.7L V8 LT1 LE2.2 Auto
2SSRSGTOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSGTOTA View Post
What category you want to win?
there are guys down here in union, nj, who have old school muscle cars with blowers, 800hp+.. performance would knock me right off...
i guess i have a good chance for a exterior win? if that exists?
Old 02-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Generally shows have a modern car class, so that the restomods are judged separately.

But a nice clean car, and either a stand of what has been done to the car is always handy since they'll check what they can see but list the mods that they cannot see and that helps a lot. I don't have a stand so I printed off my mod list and some photos of the car on cardstock and taped them up on the inside of the windshield.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
IMO original parts on a car is the best look. Hennessey camaro's are the max I would ever do to my car, maybe the engine with headers, dress the bay up a bit, and add some HP and clean it up before the show.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #7
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Ive taken several trophies, over 50 in the last 2 seasons some wins are multiple best in shows, best in class, managers choice, peoples choice and several other top awards. When showing a "new" car you have to stand apart, make it your own. Also making sure its super clean is always important. A good showboard helps as well. Where I live very seldom is there a modern class so I'm up against 1932 street rods all the way to a GT-R. The competition is fierce here. View my garage for a list of my mods and more pics if you like.
Most of all just go for fun and meet new people.

Here's a pic I took at the end of 2013 show season. 24 trophies in all. Very proud mama
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #8
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Ive taken several trophies, over 50 in the last 2 seasons some wins are multiple best in shows, best in class, managers choice, peoples choice and several other top awards. When showing a "new" car you have to stand apart, make it your own. Also making sure its super clean is always important. A good showboard helps as well. Where I live very seldom is there a modern class so I'm up against 1932 street rods all the way to a GT-R. The competition is fierce here.
Most of all just go for fun and meet new people.

Here's a pic I took at the end of 2013 show season. 24 trophies in all. Very proud mama
WOW! That's really awesome! You deserve them though, you have one bad ass car. Love it more and more every time I look at it. I always told myself that I didn't like cars that looked modded a lot, but yours is completely different. I just want to see it in person. I don't terribly many camaros where I live, so mine is one of the few. But I really don't see PRETTY ones like yours. Ofcourse they are all good looking, but man.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #9
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
WOW! That's really awesome! You deserve them though, you have one bad ass car. Love it more and more every time I look at it. I always told myself that I didn't like cars that looked modded a lot, but yours is completely different. I just want to see it in person. I don't terribly many camaros where I live, so mine is one of the few. But I really don't see PRETTY ones like yours. Ofcourse they are all good looking, but man.
Well thank you very much!!! Mine is definately one of the more modded ones but I like to think its done classy. Being a female in this world I wanted to keep it badass yet still feminine. I'm also president of a local car club I started 2 years ago so I have to be on top of my game, lol!
Old 02-06-2014, 02:27 AM   #10
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
angie7 is absolutely right, the car must stand apart and unless you've gone all out like she has, then start with the appearance of the ENGINE COMPARTMENT! In general, what you're going for is "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts" - in other words, tasteful modifications that make the car more appealing than if they'd left it stock. I was at a car show last summer, I came across a row of like 6-7 5th generation Camaros and one really stood out. It was a super clean RED Camaro SS with WHITE factory-looking hockey stick stripes, a supercharged engine with assorted go-fast parts, polished stainless steel exhaust, lowered with some nice 22" wheels. I was stopped dead in my tracks and just soaked in all the details.

I know "tasteful" is subjective, but it's the key!

Good luck, I'm so ready for Spring
thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:20 AM   #11
2ndtimess
2ndtimeSS

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 speed Infernal Orange
Angie 7 brought up the most important point. Go to the shows and meet people and have fun. Have been showing my car for 4 years now and have become friends with a great group of people. You have to pick the shows that have a class category for our newer cars. If you are going to mod pick a theme and stick with it and have fun with your car.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:25 AM   #12
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
OP, I remember that feeling, just wanted that first trophy, and it felt really good to win that first one. Then I won a couple more, then I stopped entering show because the trophies ended up in a closet or somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I truly, really enjoy going to car shows, but now, mainly to talk with friends, meet new ones and see some really cool cars. If the show is for a charity, I will enter or make a donation. There are people that are "trophy hungry", so I do my part to help them out.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #13
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
couldnt really tell ya, i won Judges Choice at Import vs Domestic here at MIR in November. it all depends on the judges and what theyre looking for. ive been to other shows with the same car with the same mods and not won a thing.

all i did was make sure it was spotless. the morning of...

At the show...cracked fron splitter and everything lol.

heres two shots they took at the show. one is mine and the other is my buddies S2k with me standing next to it lol.

Last edited by Denis; 02-06-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #14
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Depends on where you're at and the judging around here it seems mostly older classic cars or newer models with crappy cheap chrome accents or (in my opinion) those ugly lambo doors anything that has the hey look at me factor. There's one car show I go to every year on July 4th the judges look for quality of work and what's been done rather than the look at me people. So if I were you I would go with your car and just experience it my buddy put it the best, if nothing else you got out of the house and got to see some cool cars.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote