Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 06-30-2014, 11:59 PM   #1
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Ranger Quick-Jack: anyone tried this?

WEBSITE IS HERE and VIDEO IS HERE

Just wondering if anyone's had a chance to give this a try? Looks like an interesting product...

Old 07-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #2
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
i want to say the bl5000 costs 1295.00. The lift spans are 50.5 inches and Im assuming it would fit the camaro as its advertised that way. Seems like an alright product, but favors the track. Might be worth a shot since race ramps cost twice as much and dont even get the car off of the ground.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:16 AM   #3
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
i want to say the bl5000 costs 1295.00. The lift spans are 50.5 inches and Im assuming it would fit the camaro as its advertised that way. Seems like an alright product, but favors the track. Might be worth a shot since race ramps cost twice as much and dont even get the car off of the ground.

I dont know what Race Ramps your looking at but they only cost $300 not $1295
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
This is pretty cool:

http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/.../al-msc-6k.htm

Portable, fits under a 9' ceiling, lifts 6000lb, and goes high enough to walk under.

Downsides?
Driveshaft and exhaust work might be a hassle.
Trans jack ain't rolling there.
Poor instructions.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I dont know what Race Ramps your looking at but they only cost $300 not $1295
We're talking about getting the car off of the ground here. Here's your link http://www.raceramps.com/portable-pi...amp-racer.aspx

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #6
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Yes, it works good using our jack pads.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
so I ahve been looking at this as well, as Race Ramps are nice if your just doing oil changes - but those can be had for $200 as noted above, the link provided for full drive up is nice, - but to do what - drop your tranny? swap out your exhaust? i need something that will allow easy oil changes AND easy tire rotation - the quickjack seems like a good solution. here is an independent review on the BL3500 - the BL5000 is the next version for heavier cars - like our Camaros!! (ouch - but true!!) I am 80% ready to skip the race ramps ($230) and get this setup. sure - getting under without jackstands probably not recommended - but this makes getting stands under the car pretty easy - one push of the button, not jacking 4 corners one at a time!!

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...7318&showall=1
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Also, you could just get regular race ramps from any auto parts store then add a few 2x8's from Home depot, way less than $1295!
Old 11-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #9
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Doesn't look like it has any safety stops as it's going up, this might be a better choice http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/At...e-Midrise-Lift .
Old 11-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #10
d.hammer

Drives: black on black 2ss rs m6 convert.
5 1/4 in. all the way down? I don't think it would fit under my car and it's not lowered.
d.hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #11
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehovarter View Post
so I ahve been looking at this as well, as Race Ramps are nice if your just doing oil changes - but those can be had for $200 as noted above, the link provided for full drive up is nice, - but to do what - drop your tranny? swap out your exhaust? i need something that will allow easy oil changes AND easy tire rotation - the quickjack seems like a good solution. here is an independent review on the BL3500 - the BL5000 is the next version for heavier cars - like our Camaros!! (ouch - but true!!) I am 80% ready to skip the race ramps ($230) and get this setup. sure - getting under without jackstands probably not recommended - but this makes getting stands under the car pretty easy - one push of the button, not jacking 4 corners one at a time!!

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...7318&showall=1
I have the BL5000 and love it. It fits fine under the car when lowered even with the higher lift blocks installed. It lifts the car to the first stop in about a minute or less. I wanted to make sure everything was OK on the underside so I took longer.

Depending on how you have the lifts positioned the car will either move 4" forward or backwards when at the 1st stop. For the 2nd stop the car moves 8" so be prepared to know if you will have the clearance before starting.

Yes, Race Ramps work great, but if you are doing a brake job then you need the wheels off the ground, and the BL5000 does the job.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:56 PM   #12
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
I've been looking for a lowered jack for my car because traditional even the "low profile" jacks won't fit under my car. This thing is pretty sweet definitely would be on my next purchase

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #13
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Unless I'm missing something I don't see any safety locks as it's going up, I would think if one or both cylinders fails as it's going up you could be facing a big disaster. JMO
Old 11-20-2014, 12:52 AM   #14
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Here is what I use. Very strong and the car does not move around. Uses a transmission and screw drive to lift. Electric drill is used for power. Made in USA.
I don't have the height in my garage to use one of the side lifts.

http://ezcarlift.com/ezcarlift_features.html

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote