Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-19-2019, 11:40 AM   #1
Tahlene

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Engine replacement 2011 V6

Hey guys, new to the forum. I'm told I need a new engine. Brief history, someone ran my car without oil. Engine seized up, oil dip stick melted. My questions are: can my engine be swapped out for a different car engine, ex: Cadillac engine etc. My VINs 8th digit is a D. Which seems to be a little hard to find. Can it be swapped for another camaro engine that has a 3 as the 8th digit? I would LOVE to upgrade to a v8, but not likely I can afford that right now. What do I need to look for to know what's compatible for swap? And any suggestions where I can find one? Thanks in advance. Specs: v6, 3.6L, manual transmission. LLT
Tahlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
I had something similiar happen to mine. I yoo wanted to put v8 but the price to do that at one time is a price of used SS anyways. I opted for same engine and gm warranty.

You can use caddy but it will involve custom flashing and tuning.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:42 PM   #3
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
There was a member on here a few days back with a V6 for sale think he wanted $1000 or $1500 and wasn't real high miles. Might search the forum.
I've heard the V8 swap isn't all that easy and is extremely pricey. Some did a thread on these swaps and several without much success. Would stick with the V6 if I where you. Sorry bout your bad luck though.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:43 AM   #4
bill522

Drives: 2014 LS Camaro
Engine Replacement 2011 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahlene View Post
Hey guys, new to the forum. I'm told I need a new engine. Brief history, someone ran my car without oil. Engine seized up, oil dip stick melted. My questions are: can my engine be swapped out for a different car engine, ex: Cadillac engine etc. My VINs 8th digit is a D. Which seems to be a little hard to find. Can it be swapped for another camaro engine that has a 3 as the 8th digit? I would LOVE to upgrade to a v8, but not likely I can afford that right now. What do I need to look for to know what's compatible for swap? And any suggestions where I can find one? Thanks in advance. Specs: v6, 3.6L, manual transmission. LLT
Try the FB 5th Gen V6 Forum...Ask around, might get lucky
bill522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:04 PM   #5
a2002hd

Drives: 2014 camaro
I posted a very complete package I'm selling.
a2002hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:31 AM   #6
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
You can put an lfx in an llt I have successfully done it as well as Alice .. I swapped ECU and drivetrain.. buy you also have the option of keeping the bosch ECU.

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:09 AM   #7
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Blown Head Gasket, Oil and water mix
$6700 at Chevy dealer
3 yr/100,000 mile warranty
got 97,000 on original engine
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote