Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #15
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
I don't have this yet, but it seems to be the best "bang for your buck" to make your V6 respond more immediately.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380220
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #16
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany323 View Post
waiting for it....

If you have that much to dump into mods why not just start with an SS and be done?
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #17
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
If you have that much to dump into mods why not just start with an SS and be done?
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #18
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:

Thank you, thats all i was saying, not insulting anybody. Just does not make sense to me????
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #19
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Put some badass looking wheels on it, maybe spoiler, and splitter and enjoy your car..

Wheels and tint will make it look like "your" car, not like every other one on the road which is boring..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #20
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
You're only going to see nominal benefits in performance upgrades unless you go turbo/supercharger, and as previously explained that will end up costing as much as the SS/V8 would have.

You'll read differing opinions on this, but high octane fuel does help the LFX V6 run better (especially low end torque). There's been a lot of stuff posted on this and other forums about it. Next time you're nearing empty, try a tank of premium especially now that gas is cheaper. It's a performance mod that doesn't break the bank and obvious doesn't void any warranty parts. I also ended up getting 1 MPG more per gallon.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #21
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
#1 thing on the list should be a quality Catch Can (Apex, Elite, etc.). It does not boost performance, but it ensures your engine will stay much cleaner, thereby, perform better longer.

#2 A good Cold Air Intake - I recommend CAI, Inc. intake. Your engine LOVES cold air and this will deliver, especially if combined with a Apex air scoop.

#3 A CNC Ported Throttle body - you will have better throttle response and eliminate the "dead zone" in the 1500-2500 RPM range. Very noticeable improvement when you press the skinny pedal.

#4 Performance exhaust. I recommend MRT V2 axle-back setup.

Everything else is up to you.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #22
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Suspension! Corners are a funner fast than going strait anyway in my opinion. I suggest goign with the following parts and you should still come in under budget:

Power mods
CAI
Ported Throttle body
Catch can
High flow cats
Exhaust
Tune

Suspension
Sway bars
End links
LCA endlink tab brace
Trailing arms
Outer trailing arm bushings
Toe links
Subframe bushings
Upper control arm bushings
Springs/coilovers

If I can help you choose the right parts for your wants and needs, just give me a shout!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #23
RockerBox

Drives: 2010 Silverado. Stock height now
I think your car with a CAI and full exhaust with headers back is a great start. Then fully do up the suspension for a great autocross racer. Maybe a lil' Z28
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #24
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGarb View Post
So I just got a 2014 auto v6. Concerning performance upgrades, where does one begin?

I understand a CAI is a good first move, those are easy. However I'm not seeing as much out there for v6 engines. I want to spend up to five grand in the first year or two, not all at once. Keep the butterflies going as they say.

So where did you start?
My first mod for performance was the full cat back from Ark Performance. I chose the N-2 over the DTS. No regrets. The system sounds amazing and I do feel it added a harder pull in the 4K rpms.

After this I will get a CAI by CAI. Then long tube headers - probably BBK.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:26 PM   #25
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
2012+ have integrated exhaust manifolds into the heads and cannot use Headers.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306766

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #26
Camaro310

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Fully loaded
V8
Camaro310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #27
MrGarb

Drives: 2014 Black 2LS tinted and Subwoofed
Thank you for all the replies

OP here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Welcome to Camaro5.com

Enjoy your ride and build it the way you would like to.

I was trying to maintain a equal split between the 3 categorizes and the way I keep tabs it worked out well

37% into cosmetic
30% into handling
33% into performance

Good Luck
That does sound like a good idea, splitting it up like that. And keeping the car built for me seems to be the common place advise I see. Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
It's a Camaro enjoy it for you not for everyone else. I've done my share of modding also but mostly for 1/4 mile fun and handling. Ask any questions you want. If you do not want a bunch of BS send me a private message with questions and avoid all the V6 haters. Catch can, CAI and Throttle controller are in MY OPINION good 3 mods to start with. Have fun and enjoy your car.
Hey thanks I'll keep you in mind for sure.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Thank you, thats all i was saying, not insulting anybody. Just does not make sense to me????
Well, the story goes..

I would have preferred to get a new V8, but at the time I got my car I didn't know if I could be able to afford one, since then, finances have changed. I had a lease coming to a close right then so I did not have the luxury to wait.

(Service Members Civil Relief Act, a great thing!)

Coming from a 2013 Hyundai Elantra oh God. lol

So now that I can afford some shiny things, I'll start having fun with the V6. Of course the V8 can be a better start, but it was too much money at the time.

Oh, and I'm not trying to get my car to the same level as a V8, just making it better. So far I've tinted it as much as MA will allow, 35%. And I put in a pretty beastly sub/amp set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
You're only going to see nominal benefits in performance upgrades unless you go turbo/supercharger, and as previously explained that will end up costing as much as the SS/V8 would have.

You'll read differing opinions on this, but high octane fuel does help the LFX V6 run better (especially low end torque). There's been a lot of stuff posted on this and other forums about it. Next time you're nearing empty, try a tank of premium especially now that gas is cheaper. It's a performance mod that doesn't break the bank and obvious doesn't void any warranty parts. I also ended up getting 1 MPG more per gallon.

I agree with you here. I think I have noticed a difference with the varying octane levels. And I do love the nice prices as of late. :o

Lot of info to look through here, but I appreciate the replies. I'll post here with Q's or PM those who suggested it.
MrGarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #28
erik13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro310 View Post
V8
Well someone had to do it...
erik13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
performance, upgrades