Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #15
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Hey, you have the no-tune power mods I plan do this spring. How do you like that setup? Was there a before and after dyno?

(Can I hijack my own thread?)
I like the set up. I gives an extra 30-50 rwhp I'm guessing. I did not have a before or after dyno. I'm thinking of going with the JRE 125 rwhp power adder soon. I feel the perfect sweet spot for our cars is 600-650 rwhp. Still enough hp the keep DD fun but the extra 00mph to make an impact at the road course.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:39 PM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I like the set up. I gives an extra 30-50 rwhp I'm guessing. I did not have a before or after dyno. I'm thinking of going with the JRE 125 rwhp power adder soon. I feel the perfect sweet spot for our cars is 600-650 rwhp. Still enough hp the keep DD fun but the extra 00mph to make an impact at the road course.
Sounds good, but no tuning for me until I put more miles on the car.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:29 PM   #17
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Sounds good, but no tuning for me until I put more miles on the car.
I just hit 10000....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #18
Fraxum

Well, my ZL1 is still at the Chevy dealer. They will not acknowledge the rattle, but I can try again when I pick up the car. But they say they do not hear it at all. It was pretty clear to me but maybe it is related to the Stabilitrac problem. They the have replaced two sensors and some code are still coming up. They mentioned something about a ground problem as also mentioned here. I do have a an amp ground going to the battery, but they must have seen that already. I don't see how that could be the source of the problem. I used this same amp setup on my 1LE.

The dealer is still back and forth to GM. I do worry now a little about keeping the ZL1 long term. But it's such a bad boy. Fun.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #19
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Some of the NPP exhausts had a problem where the valve inside the muffler would rattle a bit, replaced a few between the SS's and V6's(still weird to see that exhaust on a V6)
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #20
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
Some of the NPP exhausts had a problem where the valve inside the muffler would rattle a bit, replaced a few between the SS's and V6's(still weird to see that exhaust on a V6)
Thanks, I have another NPP in my shed I can try.

Update, my dealer says GM is sending a new part that will definitely fix the Stabilitrac problem. Another ZL1?
Old 12-14-2015, 12:07 PM   #21
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

What part?

I'm curious. ...
Old 12-14-2015, 12:20 PM   #22
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
What part?

I'm curious. ...
Me too, I don't really see many suspension issues on the 5thgens. Maybe a steering angle sensor or yaw rate sensor?
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #23
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:

The perfect sweet spot for HP never happens. Sweet spots only last a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #24
Fraxum

Quote:
What part?

I'm curious. ...
Maybe is there a central brain/computer that controls the electronic functions?

For something like this how would we fix it after the 3/36 warranty? I guess it's the dealer or nothing. Can outside parties call GM to figure things out?

From GM things not covered by the powertrain warranty:

"Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line), as well as the Engine/ Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming"

I will try to find out what was replaced.

I might have to buy a new car every three years, darn!

$375 for the Service manual. This part ticks me off. Maybe ill go resto-mod.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...elected_media=
Old 12-18-2015, 06:43 AM   #25
Fraxum

Week #3 coming to a close and they say they are still replacing things. Yesterday I needed to get my registration so I went to the dealer to get it out of the glove compartment. They had my car up in the air with the wheels off and supports under the transmission. So no registration for me. I wonder what they are up to? The Service rep knew nothing. I wonder now if I will have the ZL1 back this year. Anyone else go through something like this?
Old 12-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #26
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
The Service rep knew nothing !!!???
Sure he knew nothing , he probably is the only one that can't notice that rattling too
So , yeah , he is that good !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #27
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
So I can't say for sure but there are the wires that go to the MRC shocks to adjust stiffness, then there are ride height sensors that when messed up will throw the stabilitrac message. I'd check all those. For the sound issue I have had my exhaust sit on the the bracket shown below, notice how the exhaust is lower on the passenger side. I'd check that out and adjust it if necessary. I would also check the heat shields for contact with the exhaust as well.