Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Red SS grille badge

Does anybody else besides sparks restoration make these.Hard to believe at those prices,somebody else hasn't jumped on board and dropped the price to make some money.
kennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyo View Post
Does anybody else besides sparks restoration make these.Hard to believe at those prices,somebody else hasn't jumped on board and dropped the price to make some money.
No. It has take month's of hoop jumping by Sparks to get this done. They are WELL worth the money. You cannot find a better vendor to deal with. I love my front and back ones. Sparks is the ONLY vendor authorized by GM to make these.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
kennyo

Don't get me wrong,I may just bite the bullet and pay the money and get them.I don't know about well worth the money,tho.Your talking over $300 bucks for a front and rear emblem.Just thought I would drop a line on here and see if I was missing an alternative vendor,but guess not.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Don't get me wrong,I may just bite the bullet and pay the money and get them.I don't know about well worth the money,tho.Your talking over $300 bucks for a front and rear emblem.Just thought I would drop a line on here and see if I was missing an alternative vendor,but guess not.
Yeah, I understand. It's just I have been hounding GM and vendors for 2 years to get this done and it finally happened. My car looks so darn perfect with these on. I know competition brings down cost, but there is none and these are high quality machined metal. Nothing plastic. If you can, try to see these installed in person. Pictures do not do them justice. Oh, and they can make them in ANY color you want.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Where did you get your SS emblem? Can you give me the link please?
OuSoonersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuSoonersGirl View Post
Where did you get your SS emblem? Can you give me the link please?
Here ya go.

http://www.sparksrestorations.com/
Old 07-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
Yea those sparks emblems are somethin else, certainly worth it for how good they look. Ill be investing in some soon
Old 07-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
kennyo

Yea,I am probably gonna get the red ones.They look good on your car and I see you stuck with the stock grille like I am doing,also.The only other thing that sucks about the price is the emblem,being known as pricey,would be a target for theft...

Last edited by kennyo; 07-02-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
No. It has take month's of hoop jumping by Sparks to get this done. They are WELL worth the money. You cannot find a better vendor to deal with. I love my front and back ones. Sparks is the ONLY vendor authorized by GM to make these.
I agree I got mine in about 2 weeks ago and they look even better then the ones you get on the car. Their customer service was great to deal with and let me know when they were getting shipped out. Yes the prices are alittle high but your paying for quality billet aluminum and paint. You won't be disappointed.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Okay I misread another post. I can buy just the grille emblem and not have to buy the trunk one. That's good. I do want the grille done.

I see the Satin black with gloss black but I don't see a Polished with gloss black. I would like the polished with black. They kind of look little. How big are they? I couldn't find the measurements on the site. Or I am just overlooking it............
OuSoonersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuSoonersGirl View Post
Okay I misread another post. I can buy just the grille emblem and not have to buy the trunk one. That's good. I do want the grille done.

I see the Satin black with gloss black but I don't see a Polished with gloss black. I would like the polished with black. They kind of look little. How big are they? I couldn't find the measurements on the site. Or I am just overlooking it............
I'm not sure of the sizes, but if you email Terry he will give you all that info. Take my word for it. They are PERFECT in size.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #12
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
I love my rear emblem from sparks. Great quality. I have a bowtie delete in front and I may buy the fron SS soon. I just don't want to have to remove my bumper to bolt on the front emblem.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #13
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
I love my rear emblem from sparks. Great quality. I have a bowtie delete in front and I may buy the fron SS soon. I just don't want to have to remove my bumper to bolt on the front emblem.
You do not remove the bumper to install the front SS emblem. I intalled mine in less than 10 minutes. Very easy.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #14
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Yea,I am probably gonna get the red ones.They look good on your car and I see you stuck with the stock grille like I am doing,also.The only other thing that sucks about the price is the emblem,being known as pricey,would be a target for theft...
why did you have to say it out loud?

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote