Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 12-15-2018, 07:42 PM   #253
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
Lawsuit is in the works now. Some of us have been contacted regarding participation in it. This A8 problem goes back several years and covers several platforms, not just Vettes and Camaros. GM has had plenty of time to rectify this, and chose the screw you bandaid route.
Is there any way I can join in participation?
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #254
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Is there any way I can join in participation?
Here ya go.

855/722/2552 or fortheinjured.com
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #255
TexasHulkster

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHulkster View Post
Had to take my 2017 RS in for this problem on Monday. The car has 18,350 miles on it. The dealership called this morning and said that they are doing a one-time flush of the transmission fluid, I asked why they were not following the 3-step procedure in SI #156-NA-175. The rep said that in their experience, a one-time flush solves the problem in 75% of cases. Argued about it a bit, and he said that if the problem reoccurred after 350 miles, the plan would be to go head and install a new TCC.

Not too pleased about them not following the SI. Thoughts anyone?
The shop had my car for three days. The service invoice indicated the SI #156-NA-175 service procedure had been performed. Asked the service rep what was actually done - what he told me they would do, or what was on the invoice. He said that they decided to do the SI #156-NA-175 procedure because I had asked about it. He said if they problem comes back after 350 miles, they'll give me a loaner while they replace the torque converter. We'll see.

The problem is gone. I've put about 600 miles on it (in town and highway) so far with no performance issues. It may be my imagination, but it actually seems to be performing better than when I drove it off the lot. Accelerations are much smoother, especially the hard ones. Perhaps it's a Christmas miracle.

Last edited by TexasHulkster; 12-20-2018 at 11:40 AM.
TexasHulkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #256
Camaro #5

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS (2LT, V6)
Ok, so the old procedure was 16-NA-175. Is 156-NA-175 the new one? Is it just a new fluid? Was there a tune as well? We need details!

Found this page that shows more of that e-mail they sent out (that we saw on page 18 of this thread). Has a little more info. I don't suppose anyone can get a copy of the video on the Colorado so we can see what all is done or at least watch it and tell us?

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ission-shudder

Last edited by Camaro #5; 12-20-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Camaro #5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:55 AM   #257
Vanthios

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
My shudder occurred at 10k miles and was first noticed when driving home from the drag strip (coincided?). It was subtle so I ignored it until it became strong and consistent at ~12k miles.

The dealer had to follow the procedure of triple flush, drive 200 miles and then TC replace even though they knew the TC was toast. It was a major pain in the ass but I'm hopeful that I have a long term fix because it was done six months after the production fix.

With three more years warranty and annual mileage of ~9k it will occur again under warranty if it isn't really fixed. If that happens, I'll be pissed. Until then, I'll believe Al because the 18 Camaros don't appear to have the problem.
I'm on Page 3 of this (massive) thread, so my apologies to anyone who's been following the thread and seen my input already addressed.

I have a 2018 2SS that I got at the end of last summer and I definitely have the shudder issue. As some others have noted the latest revision of 16-NA-175 has a VIN Breakpoint at EOP, but the document covers a number of vehicles so we don't really know if that applies directly to the V8 Camaros. I'd have to investigate more as to when exactly my vehicle was built, but I'd just like to add that maybe not all 2018 Camaros are safe from the shudder. I honestly noticed the shudder within the first week of driving it but didn't really get a good idea of what all is going on or what to do until about a month ago.
Vanthios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #258
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanthios View Post
I'm on Page 3 of this (massive) thread, so my apologies to anyone who's been following the thread and seen my input already addressed.

I have a 2018 2SS that I got at the end of last summer and I definitely have the shudder issue. As some others have noted the latest revision of 16-NA-175 has a VIN Breakpoint at EOP, but the document covers a number of vehicles so we don't really know if that applies directly to the V8 Camaros. I'd have to investigate more as to when exactly my vehicle was built, but I'd just like to add that maybe not all 2018 Camaros are safe from the shudder. I honestly noticed the shudder within the first week of driving it but didn't really get a good idea of what all is going on or what to do until about a month ago.
FYI - I posted this six months later. GM hasn't fixed the problem and I believe the A8 is going to be a negative flag on the used market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I agree. Its unacceptable that GM failed to fix the problem in four years but continued to sell it anyway.

I accepted that they "fixed" it early 2017 with a new friction modifier but it soon became clear that cars built after the cut off date still have the problem.

I cut my losses and sold my 16 A8 and got a M6. Pretty big hit on a car I custom ordered with every option and the intention to drive 8 years minimum. Camaro is still the best performance bang for the buck ~ quality proposition in my opinion. How they handle this long term however will shape hearts and minds

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:32 PM   #259
CamaroChk

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro
I just hit 18k miles and after sending in a lemon claim for my Camaro (very sad face, very long story/hostory) I get it back from the dealer after the supposed 'final fix' only to have this shudder start happening. I took the service manager for a drive and he knew what it was, told me the new 'fluid' was on order and they should have it soon, only to have GM call me today and tell me there is no ETA on any fluid. So I'm stuck with a buggered car and no fix in sight. It's so bad I cant really drive it and they are not offering to replace either the TC or the transmission. Any ideas? I already have the BBB involved and if they cant help me, I have no choice but to sue GM for a replacement, which if another 2017 is going to have the same problems, maybe I should just have them buy me out and get the 2018??

My question would be, if they are telling me they have none of this new fluid, can I tell them they HAVE to replace the TC? I mean, they have to fix it somehow right? It's under warranty.
CamaroChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 12:14 AM   #260
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChk View Post
I just hit 18k miles and after sending in a lemon claim for my Camaro (very sad face, very long story/hostory) I get it back from the dealer after the supposed 'final fix' only to have this shudder start happening. I took the service manager for a drive and he knew what it was, told me the new 'fluid' was on order and they should have it soon, only to have GM call me today and tell me there is no ETA on any fluid. So I'm stuck with a buggered car and no fix in sight. It's so bad I cant really drive it and they are not offering to replace either the TC or the transmission. Any ideas? I already have the BBB involved and if they cant help me, I have no choice but to sue GM for a replacement, which if another 2017 is going to have the same problems, maybe I should just have them buy me out and get the 2018??

My question would be, if they are telling me they have none of this new fluid, can I tell them they HAVE to replace the TC? I mean, they have to fix it somehow right? It's under warranty.

I read your other post with all of the previous issues... never mind the latest BS with the TC. Do you have a lawyer helping you with this? If not, you should.

https://attorneys.lawinfo.com/auto-l...st-des-moines/

Last edited by Chutzpah; 01-01-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:56 AM   #261
18Hotwheels-SS

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I read your other post with all of the previous issues... never mind the latest BS with the TC. Do you have a lawyer helping you with this? If not, you should.

https://attorneys.lawinfo.com/auto-l...st-des-moines/
Mine is still sitting in the garage waiting for me to decide what to do with it. I took it to Carmax and a Chevy dealer to trade it in on a new Vette and they are offering 33K on it for a trade. That's 20k less than I paid for it a few months ago.The car has 6k miles on it. I expected maybe 10k. So now I am stuck with a car that you can't drive because of how bad it is that is worthless. I am at the point of saying screw it and doing an aftermarket fix on it. If U do that and void the warranty I should go all the way with a supercharger and other work. No warranty opens a lot of doors but I think it's sh!t that this is what it may come to.
2018 Hot Wheels 2SS #117, For Sale
2018 Hot Wheels 2LT Convertible. #506, Still Have
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Long Horn, Still Have
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
1970 Camaro RS/Z28, Still Have
1955 Willys CJ3B, Still Have
18Hotwheels-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:39 AM   #262
Fifty 2SS

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2SS w NPP
Angry

As some of you may know my fifty has been diagnosed with the dreaded A8 Shudder. It has been in the dealers shop twice for this and both times they did the flush reprogram and it has came back again not as bad this time but back again. However yesterday I got the check engine light to go with it. I ran a scan on it and it came up P0700 nad there was another that went with it I think it was P0738 A or B, I cannot remember. Called the dealer they said bring it in and on the way it started to act like it was running a 3500 stall converter every time I took off and if wanted to get up to 40 MPH it was running about 3000 RPM and felt like it was stuck in 3rd gear. It would not let me manual shift either. Dealer says I should here from them by Friday to let me know what is going on and the fix. This is starting to get real frustrating, they need to fix the damn thing and quit putting a band aid on it.
When I here something I will let you know,
Now back to you regularly scheduled programming.
Fifty 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:39 PM   #263
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Why are you posting in here? This section was closed by GM.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:11 AM   #264
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Any updates on the supposed Permanent Q1 19’ fix??
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #265
MarkZ

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
Any updates on the supposed Permanent Q1 19’ fix??
Not that I know of but I’m about to find out. Mine started doing it yesterday on the way home from Palm Beach. Contacting the dealer tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:41 PM   #266
Camaro #5

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS (2LT, V6)
Yep, posted in another thread about it. I had the new flush done last Friday, and have driven about 120 miles since then. No shudder since then, and the sluggishness from a stop has gone away too. Crossing my fingers that it stays this way.
Camaro #5 is offline   Reply With Quote