Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
Nickylbau00

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Lowering my camaro

I'm getting some cosmetic stuff done this week and I was wondering how much it usually costs to get a camaro lowered? I've seen some pictures of other's cars that are lowered and I personally think it's awesome.
Nickylbau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #2
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Two approaches: Lowering springs, or coilovers. Coilovers give you the most options and control over height as you can move them up and down if you got it too low or too high on the first attempt. The con to coilovers is cost-they range from $900 to $4,000+. Lowering springs are definitely cheaper, but they are said to ride a little rougher than stock or coilovers. Either way, you will need an alignment after lowering.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:25 AM   #3
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickylbau00 View Post
I'm getting some cosmetic stuff done this week and I was wondering how much it usually costs to get a camaro lowered? I've seen some pictures of other's cars that are lowered and I personally think it's awesome.
If you go with springs Average cost seems to be about 250 for lowering springs, 150-200 for install, and usually 75-100 for front end alignment afterwards. Do some research on here there are tons and tons of threads on lowered camaros. It's not recommended to go lower than 1.2-1.4 inches on lowering springs as it could damage your suspension and you will have a harsh ride. I have 1.4 up front and I can feel a pretty noticeable difference between those and the 1.2 inch springs in the rear. To me the look is worth it, but it definitely feels more aggressive amd harsh.
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
My coilovers were $670 shipped and install was $500 at a local shop including alignment and two height adjustments. Best bet for lowering the right way. I've had a few cars on lowering springs only, including a Camaro, and the coilovers ride so much better. And I'm lowered around 3" compared to 1.2" or so with springs.