Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #43
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
For me personally, brand loyalty had nothing to do with my purchase of a Camaro. I'm brand loyal to Toyotas, having owned a number of them over the years. Before that, I was a Ford guy, but I've mostly owned trucks.

No, I chose a Chevrolet based on realization. The realization that Chevy has led the way with regard to engines for decades. The LS platform is just one evolution of a line of engines that have dominated race tracks across the country from long before I got interested in hot-rodding. I bought my Camaro because I liked the LS engine (and the aftermarket) and there is no parallel in the domestic market as far as I'm concerned.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:12 AM   #44
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
CR-V is a very good car. I got my wife a new Ford Edge a couple of years ago. It’s been very good so far. Just like you, the regular SUV’s aren’t our style. We have an image to maintain. Lol
When I retired in December last year I had to give back the take home cruiser and the Camaro was never going by to be my daily driver, so we started looking. The 4Runner was my choice, but I didn’t need another vehicle that got 15mpg. I’m getting over 27 beating on the Honda. If I drove it normally, I’d probably be getting over 30.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:48 AM   #45
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I would say so in my case. It isn't absolute, however. With Camaro, I couldn't buy its competitor while it was around. The Camaro hasn't disappointed me either. Although my first car was an Oldsmobile, I have been a life long Chevy fan. Chevy has been successful because it offered cars to fit the lives of many people. Chevy will have to be careful, as this mission has become more difficult in this day and age. Chevy and GM has realized that their competitors are more than capable of manufacturing cars and trucks to compete against their models.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #46
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I would say so in my case. It isn't absolute, however. With Camaro, I couldn't buy its competitor while it was around. The Camaro hasn't disappointed me either. Although my first car was an Oldsmobile, I have been a life long Chevy fan. Chevy has been successful because it offered cars to fit the lives of many people. Chevy will have to be careful, as this mission has become more difficult in this day and age. Chevy and GM has realized that their competitors are more than capable of manufacturing cars and trucks to compete against their models.
I have a 2011 Camaro.....2017 Nissan Titan PRO4X....and a 2018 Honda Crv touring. I have zero brand loyalty.....till somebody tries to bash my Camaro. Then it gets serious...
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #47
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I have a 2011 Camaro.....2017 Nissan Titan PRO4X....and a 2018 Honda Crv touring. I have zero brand loyalty.....till somebody tries to bash my Camaro. Then it gets serious...

You sorry Japanese car driving no good..... Just kidding..

I have a 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Z71, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the 2017 Camaro SS.

I buy what I like and fits the family needs. I like GM overall but have owned just about everything under the sun over the years..
Old 11-21-2018, 07:31 PM   #48
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
I’m very loyal to brands I’ve used on several cars I’ve built; Edelbrock, Craftsman and MSD. Unfortunately I can’t use Edelbrock or MSD on my current Camaro.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:37 PM   #49
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15RS2NV View Post
I’m very loyal to brands I’ve used on several cars I’ve built; Edelbrock, Craftsman and MSD. Unfortunately I can’t use Edelbrock or MSD on my current Camaro.
Would that be similar to; SIG, FN, S&W, Benelli, Beretta, Springfield Armory?
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:39 PM   #50
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Simply put I buy what I like regardless of the manufacturer. They all for the most part have some good ideas and designs and unfortunately at times not so much.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #51
captaincog

Drives: 1971 350RS/SS 4sp
Interesting thread but it just seems to be another love fest.

I did not read about anyone who had failed Chevy's or frankly other vehicles. Since I drive to many different locations for my work I put a lot of mileage on the cars I own and being in SoCal is it very likely I will have a single day of driving 10 hours in one day plus 8 to 10 hours of working at least several time s a month. With that being said I am very picky about the cars that I own and drive. Most have been adequate but many have their shortcomings. Of the numerous vehicles I have owned of various brands I have only had one engine failure.

My 2013 V6 Camaro. After dealing with all of the forum trolls and having some friends give me advise I went with their input and replaced the blown engine. I did everything right with full synthetic oil changes and all but 4 oil changes done at the dealer. When dealing with Chevy they simply stated at 114k miles their engine lasted it's estimated life.

How does brand loyalty work into that? I am still driving my Camaro and have about 13k on the new engine so I am not sure what I will do except drive if for now. Will I buy another GM product? I cannot say yes and would likely lean to no but only time will tell.

Now since this does not go with most of the posts here and I understand that. I know my Camaro is "only a v6" and I understand that. So for the v6 haters how come Toyota and Honda do not have their v6 engines explode?

I still like my Camaro but the love has faded.....and to me that bowtie is tarnished at best.
1971 RS/SS 350 4 speed Teal Green
captaincog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:50 PM   #52
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincog View Post
Interesting thread but it just seems to be another love fest.

I did not read about anyone who had failed Chevy's or frankly other vehicles. Since I drive to many different locations for my work I put a lot of mileage on the cars I own and being in SoCal is it very likely I will have a single day of driving 10 hours in one day plus 8 to 10 hours of working at least several time s a month. With that being said I am very picky about the cars that I own and drive. Most have been adequate but many have their shortcomings. Of the numerous vehicles I have owned of various brands I have only had one engine failure.

My 2013 V6 Camaro. After dealing with all of the forum trolls and having some friends give me advise I went with their input and replaced the blown engine. I did everything right with full synthetic oil changes and all but 4 oil changes done at the dealer. When dealing with Chevy they simply stated at 114k miles their engine lasted it's estimated life.

How does brand loyalty work into that? I am still driving my Camaro and have about 13k on the new engine so I am not sure what I will do except drive if for now. Will I buy another GM product? I cannot say yes and would likely lean to no but only time will tell.

Now since this does not go with most of the posts here and I understand that. I know my Camaro is "only a v6" and I understand that. So for the v6 haters how come Toyota and Honda do not have their v6 engines explode?

I still like my Camaro but the love has faded.....and to me that bowtie is tarnished at best.
I started this thread based on my experience with truck vids I see on Youtube. The hate in those posts regarding other trucks makes Camaro 5 seem tame. I have 3 different brands of vehicles in my driveway. I'm just seeing what people have to say about brand loyalty in the modern muscle scene. I find it definitely exists and can sometime get heated.. but its nowhere near what the truck scene is like. And with me owning a Titan I get into it pretty good. After all....its a import according to various Dodge..Ford. and GM truck owners.....yet its built in Mississippi haha.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:08 AM   #53
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I have owned GM vehicles almost exclusively for over 20 years. I did have one Ford a 2002 Escape but I bought that when it was 9 years old as a winter beater so I don't real!y compare the repair history on that to my GM vehicles which for the most part were new vehicles. I have owned a Silverado in various forms since 1995 but they are the only trucks I have had so I can't compare them to others. They have been good to me however so I have no complaints with them.

I will agree with the OP that truck owners tend to have fierce loyalty to a particular brand. I like to camp and I have had several travel trailers and it's a limited point of reference but you do see mostly trucks from the big 3 pulling trailers there. That may be because the foreign trucks do not really have HD models. Maybe it's the area I live in but I see very few Nissan Titans around here. I do see a fair amount of Tundras on the road here. For me I have to like the style of a vehicle I want to buy and right now I do not like the way the Nissan and Toyotas look. However one shou!d buy what they want and like so if the OP likes his truck then I would not criticize his choice.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:29 AM   #54
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2LT RS
I buy whatever brand we like and that fits our needs...Although we do have brand loyalty to Kia considering my wife has had 5 Optimas since the redesign of 2011...We traded a our 2014 Optima SX with 130k miles for my wife’s current 2019 Optima SXL (we would’ve never bought the 2014 if I didn’t total our 2012 EX Turbo)....And in all honesty despite what people say about Kia they are not bad cars (the more modern ones anyways) we’ve put 85k+ miles on every optima we’ve owned with basically zero issues....Wife’s 19 Optima has 10k miles on it and she’s been enjoying it, so that’s really all that matters as long as the family and wife are happy...We’ve talked so good about Kia my brother bought his Daughter a 15’ Optima last year.
10’ Lexus ES 350
17’ Mercedes-Benz E300 4Matic (Totaled)
20' Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4Matic - Loaded
ThatMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #55
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMaro View Post
I buy whatever brand we like and that fits our needs...Although we do have brand loyalty to Kia considering my wife has had 5 Optimas since the redesign of 2011...We traded a our 2014 Optima SX with 130k miles for my wife’s current 2019 Optima SXL (we would’ve never bought the 2014 if I didn’t total our 2012 EX Turbo)....And in all honesty despite what people say about Kia they are not bad cars (the more modern ones anyways) we’ve put 85k+ miles on every optima we’ve owned with basically zero issues....Wife’s 19 Optima has 10k miles on it and she’s been enjoying it, so that’s really all that matters as long as the family and wife are happy...We’ve talked so good about Kia my brother bought his Daughter a 15’ Optima last year.
We bought our daughter a 2006 Kia Spectra LX... she kept that car until this year, 12 years and over 150k miles! Nothing ever went wrong with it, failed, or had to be replaced other than tires or wiper blades (oil changes of course)! She replaced it with a new Honda fit, because she got a better deal than she could on a Kia.

I've always been a Toyota/Honda guy... my Camaro was my first Chevy. I looked at getting a new Tacoma. The V6 is anemic, the transmission is a joke... If they would put the V6 and 5sp transmission that's in our 2018 4Runner in the Tacoma, I would have one in my driveway right now! I just picked up a new 2018 Colorado 4x4 crewcab... talk about a world of difference between the V6 and 8sp transmission in that!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:01 PM   #56
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I have an F250 4x4 and the Camaro. I have owned Toyota and Lexes recently and like them too. I buy what I like regardless of Brand, I have had a Mustang, Camaros and El Camino from the Early 70s and late 60s. I buy what is going to work for me at the time, they are all pretty good. There are some brands I will not buy from my history of working on them in the past or political reasons.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote