Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Unhappy I'm Officially in Debt!

A couple of weeks ago I was hospitalized for acute diverticulitis - the first episode I ever had. I was unaware that I even had the condition. It was bad enough that I was on morphine for three days…

Well, my stay was for five days and I wasn't thinking about the cost at the time. All I could focus on was getting the pain to stop and the infection to go away.

Two weeks later, I'm getting those wonderful medical bills in the mail and I feel like vomiting every time I think about what I owe. Needless to say, the Camaro fund I've been saving for is gone. I'm glad I had it to put towards my debt, but it still sucks!

It sucks even more that my 'Maro fund is just a drop in the bucket for what I owe. Thankfully I have insurance through my work, or I would be unable to see an end in sight. This really frightens me because I haven't had an unexpected hospitalization with this insurance plan and I am a Type 1 diabetic. It's been years since I was hospitalized for anything diabetes related, but I'm now terrified of something requiring another hospital stay.

*sigh*

Thanks for letting me vent. I know that it was necessary to be in the hospital, but facing debt is horrible - just horrible…

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm so sorry to hear that!!!

But you're feeling okay, now, right?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
My grandfather had/has that, they told him to stay away from seed/nuts and other small hard food items. He had a rough time adjusting to give up things like raspberries and blackberries etc.

hope you are feeling better and have an easier time than he did.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Hopefully you've made a full recovery?

so sorry to hear about the bills. Hopefully that will pass quickly also.

Best wishes.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm sorry to hear about your past couple of weeks.

Hope all is getting better now.

I'm sure you'll be able to start up your maro fund again.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Make sure you are getting plenty of fiber in your diet! Also make sure you complete any antibiotics you may be taking (if you are still taking them) because if something happens and this flares up again, your body may grow immune to the antibiotics you had been taking and you would have to advance to stronger medications.

Did you have to have surgery?

I hope you are feeling a little better!! Take things easy!!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #7
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
I know what you mean...I had 4 ambulance rides for my stroke. I got those bills in this week also...and man If I didnt have insurance I be paying over 2K for the rides alone. Thats life, you or me couldent predict being hospitalized.
Take it easy and get better, the camaro isnt going anywhere and you've got a Goat to hold you over! Take care of those bills and then you and I can both get back to our Camaro savings!
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:08 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Holy crap! I'm so sorry.......

Time has its way of working everything out. Who knows.....you might have gotten one of the first year models and the second or third year run, BAM! They drop in a Gen V w/ tons more power and 10 more mpg's. I'm really sorry this happened to you. But, like you said, at least the funds were there to help you out. The Camaro will be here for a while. I'm sure it'll work itself out and a way will be found.

Good luck on getting better. Please, keep us updated
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #9
Roflmao
Insane Assylum Escapee

Drives: 1998 Camry
I use to work in the bill collections medical field, so I know how much this all comes out to. Hopefully the insurance you have takes care of most of the bill which they should, thats what they are there for. Also, if you don't have the money, hospitals are usually pretty good about setting up payment plans and such since patient debt is almost always expected and counts as a write off in most cases. Also keep in contact with your insurance to make sure they have everything they need from you to process the bills. Anyways hope you are at least feeling better and good luck with everything.
Roflmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #10
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Thanks, everyone, for your well-wishes and words of encouragement. That is exactly why I think this forum is tops! CAMARO5 is a friendly place to hang with other camaro fanatics, a true community in every sense of the word

Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Also make sure you complete any antibiotics you may be taking (if you are still taking them) because if something happens and this flares up again, your body may grow immune to the antibiotics you had been taking and you would have to advance to stronger medications.

Did you have to have surgery?
Sadly, while I was being given an IV of Cipro, I developed an allergic reaction. Cipro is one of the most widely used antibiotics - effective against a broad range of bacteria. They kept me on a course of Flagyl and that cleared up the infection. My mother's a retired RN and there's no way in the world I could NOT complete a course of meds without fearing the wrath of Mom. The good news is that I won't need surgery, but will have a colonoscopy (my Mom's specialty when she was working) to assess the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
Take care of those bills and then you and I can both get back to our Camaro savings!
to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Time has its way of working everything out. Who knows.....you might have gotten one of the first year models and the second or third year run, BAM! They drop in a Gen V w/ tons more power and 10 more mpg's.
Yeah - I got that deal when I waited for the 2005 GTO - more HP, non-functional hood scoops and true dual exhaust exits on the rear. Got no complaints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflmao View Post
I use to work in the bill collections medical field, so I know how much this all comes out to. Hopefully the insurance you have takes care of most of the bill which they should, thats what they are there for. Also, if you don't have the money, hospitals are usually pretty good about setting up payment plans and such since patient debt is almost always expected and counts as a write off in most cases. Also keep in contact with your insurance to make sure they have everything they need from you to process the bills.
This is VERY good to know! I feel like having this information relieves some of the stress I've had.
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote