Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #99
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Great thread, sorry I missed it this weekend.
Yes, thanks to all who have served and all who are serving, and thanks for the appreciation of those of us who have served and are serving.

This Memorial day was special for me because my wife's grandfather recently passed away at the age of 91. He led a full life with his wife of 60-something years and having raised 5 sons.
He was drafted into the Army during WWII and fought hard, he was one of those considered to be a "throw-away lieutenant". He received a Purple Heart from one battle, though he fought in several.
He chose to stay in the Army despite having been drafted, and retired after 24 years (IIRC) as a Lieutenant Colonel. He's one of the true heroes of our country, and I'm proud to remember him as such. I only wish I knew him when he was 'all there' still, it sounds like he had awesome stories to tell, and was a very nice man.
He's set to be buried in Arlington in August (there's a long line. :( ), and I wouldn't miss his funeral for the world.
Please always remember people like him. Though he didn't die serving, I think his memory is worthy of being celebrated on this day (Yesterday).
God bless all of our protectors out there.

-Steven
AT3, USN, 2001-2006

Here's my current favorite pic, taken at the dealer where I bought it during a Camaro event last month.
Attached Images

ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #100
nvpliers

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Red Jewel Tint
ALLTRBO .... Great Post. Your wife's grandfather is truly a hero. It isn't the pop singers, the athletes, the actors...it's our veterans, past and present.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #101
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaSS View Post

Very nice!! Post more pics!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #102
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina-chris View Post
That's CHIEF damnit!!!! Just Kidding........Can't wait to get back to "STORM". Tina will take her out while I'm gone. For now, I get my kicks flying around here, Oh and rollin' an ole' 1994 S-10 Blazer bucket left here by someone. LOL
Happy Memorial Day!!!!
sorry, I should've looked up the nomenclature and what exact rank that many squares was, but I was appreciating the right that so many fine men and women gave their lives for me to appreciate, lazyness!

she is a beaut though! hope you get back to her soon!
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #103
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
took these a couple years ago sorry no 5th gens but good pics none the less

all guys in the pics are active duty AF and all but one are B-1 crew chiefs including myself

Pewter TA is mine, she's changed a bit since these were taken

qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:22 AM   #104
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
WOW, I'm too busy looking at the six B-1's!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:43 AM   #105
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
LOL yeah they are cool that is unless you have ever worked one or see it everyday LOL
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:07 AM   #106
tina-chris
Camaro or Blackhawk

Drives: SIM5GEN "STORM" / UH-60 Blackhawk
Man, all of you are #1 in my book. I got to work today and told all of my guys about this forum and what you all do for us back home. Some of the guys were touched to see some of the pics I had that you all posted of your Camaros. I quote one of my crewchiefs "Now, that's what we're fightin' for right there Chief!!!" That kid's not buyin' a Mustang any more after I showed him!!!
Thank You ALL!!!
Without the support of those back home, I don't know what some of us would do.
Chief Warrant Officer Two Christopher P. Miller
Blackhawk Pilot
Son, Brother, Husband, Dad and always a Soldier.
Freedom isn't free!! :flag1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Skidmark View Post
sorry, I should've looked up the nomenclature and what exact rank that many squares was, but I was appreciating the right that so many fine men and women gave their lives for me to appreciate, lazyness!

she is a beaut though! hope you get back to her soon!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #107
tina-chris
Camaro or Blackhawk

Drives: SIM5GEN "STORM" / UH-60 Blackhawk
Oh, BTW 4 more months!!!! Then, watch out!!!! THIS guy has a Camaro to put some miles on!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #108
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Man, all of you are #1 in my book. I got to work today and told all of my guys about this forum and what you all do for us back home. Some of the guys were touched to see some of the pics I had that you all posted of your Camaros. I quote one of my crewchiefs "Now, that's what we're fightin' for right there Chief!!!" That kid's not buyin' a Mustang any more after I showed him!!!
Thank You ALL!!!
Blackhawk Pilot

:flag1:

God Bless you all for serving and protecting us here at home...you guys/gals are the true heroes and we owe you all a debt of gratitude that can never be repaid for all you do to keep us safe and free...

'Freedom isn't free'...
Old 06-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #109
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkslvr View Post
took these a couple years ago sorry no 5th gens but good pics none the less

all guys in the pics are active duty AF and all but one are B-1 crew chiefs including myself

Pewter TA is mine, she's changed a bit since these were taken

thanks for sharing!!!...
Old 06-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #110
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
God I love this country.
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #111
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Thank you VETERANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Great thread, sorry I missed it this weekend.
Yes, thanks to all who have served and all who are serving, and thanks for the appreciation of those of us who have served and are serving.

This Memorial day was special for me because my wife's grandfather recently passed away at the age of 91. He led a full life with his wife of 60-something years and having raised 5 sons.
He was drafted into the Army during WWII and fought hard, he was one of those considered to be a "throw-away lieutenant". He received a Purple Heart from one battle, though he fought in several.
He chose to stay in the Army despite having been drafted, and retired after 24 years (IIRC) as a Lieutenant Colonel. He's one of the true heroes of our country, and I'm proud to remember him as such. I only wish I knew him when he was 'all there' still, it sounds like he had awesome stories to tell, and was a very nice man.
He's set to be buried in Arlington in August (there's a long line. :( ), and I wouldn't miss his funeral for the world.
Please always remember people like him. Though he didn't die serving, I think his memory is worthy of being celebrated on this day (Yesterday).
God bless all of our protectors out there.

-Steven
AT3, USN, 2001-2006

Here's my current favorite pic, taken at the dealer where I bought it during a Camaro event last month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvpliers View Post
ALLTRBO .... Great Post. Your wife's grandfather is truly a hero. It isn't the pop singers, the athletes, the actors...it's our veterans, past and present.
Quote:
Thank You ALL!!!
Blackhawk Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Skidmark View Post
God I love this country.
AMEN! God Bless the USA and all those in uniform whom we have to thank for it!
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #112
Likz2sail

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Aqua Blue Metallic
Thanks Chevy!

Thanks everyone, 20 years of service have flown by.
Attached Images

Last edited by Likz2sail; 08-21-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Added photo
Likz2sail is offline   Reply With Quote