Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
New Guy on way to a Camaro 2SS

Hi Guys,

New to site & have some questions on the 2017 2SS. I know I'm going to buy one but not sure of exact configuration. The car will be used as a fun sports car for my hot blond of 42 years & I to drive on curvy roads up the Cali coast and mountain roads. I want as civilized a ride as possible on freeways & out just cruisin but still able to "get it on" through the curves & the occasional run up to triple digits on back, safe roads.

Do I need the 1LE package on top of the 2SS configuration? In reading, it appears there are some suspension upgrades in the 1LE package that enhance regular driving. I don't want the damn black hood and don't care about Ricaro seats.

If the suspension upgrade is good, can I just add it as an option to the 2SS?

Also: my current fun car is a stick 2011 CTS Coupe. It has a built in hard drive to store my 2000 +/- songs. How does music get stored on the 2SS?

Any one had oil usage issues?

I'm in the Sacramento, Ca. area, 74 years old, and originally from Detroit, Mi.

Appreciate the help. Thanks, Dennis
MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #2
Trifecta23

Drives: 2013 Dusk 2ss/RS conv.
Cool, have fun!

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155

jdm
Trifecta23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
Got it. Okay, going to 6.
MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #4
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownBoy View Post
Hi Guys,

New to site & have some questions on the 2017 2SS. I know I'm going to buy one but not sure of exact configuration. The car will be used as a fun sports car for my hot blond of 42 years & I to drive on curvy roads up the Cali coast and mountain roads. I want as civilized a ride as possible on freeways & out just cruisin but still able to "get it on" through the curves & the occasional run up to triple digits on back, safe roads.

Do I need the 1LE package on top of the 2SS configuration? In reading, it appears there are some suspension upgrades in the 1LE package that enhance regular driving. I don't want the damn black hood and don't care about Ricaro seats.

If the suspension upgrade is good, can I just add it as an option to the 2SS?

Also: my current fun car is a stick 2011 CTS Coupe. It has a built in hard drive to store my 2000 +/- songs. How does music get stored on the 2SS?

Any one had oil usage issues?

I'm in the Sacramento, Ca. area, 74 years old, and originally from Detroit, Mi.

Appreciate the help. Thanks, Dennis
Take that bitch up route 66.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:12 AM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Your on a site for the prior gen Camaro for one, and the deal is many of us who build their cars install better trailing arms, toe links, upper a arm bushings, sway bars, and especially poly bushings, and things that stiffen things up in excess of what a 1le provides, and not being a fan of super sticky summer only tires and not needing the tracking cooling of a rear diff cooler particularly or liking the black hood............ Well the majority buy a 2ss and upgrade as needed. Our Camaros have a port for a thumb drive in our gen , some even had 12 and earlier CD players. For you, I would recommend buying a used zl1, at 74 skip the BS go with the best and enjoy someone else having paid the depreciation..........
Old 01-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #6
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Camaros of any configuration 5th Gen or newer have great handling/turning capabilities as stock, test drive a 2SS & see if the overall ride is acceptable with the stiffer ride & low profile tires. Best of luck.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:18 AM   #7
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Get the 1LE. , MAG ride will make your mouth water !
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote