Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 03-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Friday = GM day in Bakersfield?

I was just surprised today at all the GM vehicles on the road lately. Or maybe I just never notice. But living in college dorms all I see is old, small beat up imports that students and professors use to commute.

But going out today I drove no more than two miles and was surrounded by all GM vehicles. A Silverado, Sierra, Yukon, Suburban, Equinox.
Then a Sky passed me. Yes a Saturn sky. Those things are freaking rare. But I really started to freak out when another Sky passed by me going the opposite way.
Then 3 CTS' one of them was a V. And to top if all off, a SIM SS parked in the back lot of the movie theater.
Remember this was nothing more than a quick two mile drive.

Maybe it's just me going crazy or many more people are buying GM lately....
Old 03-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Pokergirl

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro SS/RS M6
well....their not buying Toyotas!!!
Pokergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
That's cool

Hopefully people have gotten a clue!
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I was just surprised today at all the GM vehicles on the road lately. Or maybe I just never notice. But living in college dorms all I see is old, small beat up imports that students and professors use to commute.

But going out today I drove no more than two miles and was surrounded by all GM vehicles. A Silverado, Sierra, Yukon, Suburban, Equinox.
Then a Sky passed me. Yes a Saturn sky. Those things are freaking rare. But I really started to freak out when another Sky passed by me going the opposite way.
Then 3 CTS' one of them was a V. And to top if all off, a SIM SS parked in the back lot of the movie theater.

Well in California, I would say that is awesome. Been awhile since I've been to San Diego, but last time I was there foreign cars dominated everywhere. Or at least it seemed that way.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

Not a bad haul.
I just saw a '93-'97 Z and a C2 Corvette...
That Corvette was NICE.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
harmonicator
Super Lead Plexi

Drives: "Elvira" 2010 Blk Camaro 3SS/RS LS3
Well, you're probably more likely to see that in Bakersfield more than any other city in CA. I recall hearing that 3-way is the leading GM truck dealer in the NATION.
harmonicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
From what the dealers at Three Way Chevrolet were saying they are actually running a special incentive for Toyota owners to trade in there Prius or anything else and they'll get a discount on a new GM vehicle. It's good to see Bakersfield finally getting smart and getting into cars that are built here. It seems this town is a Honda and Toyota dominated town until they get smoked by a new SS
SA CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #8
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokergirl View Post
well....their not buying Toyotas!!!

Just don't tell Toyota that. They will deny they have a problem until the bank repo's the factories.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #9
t_long927
Bakersfield Camaro Club

Drives: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Send a message via MSN to t_long927 Send a message via Yahoo to t_long927
I saw 3 new GTO's today. and one had a wicked exhaust on it. Man those things are sick... I still love the camaro more though...
Old 03-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
dallas789

Drives: 2010 ss black on black
well for all you fans of the 2010 ss there are things you should know my 24 year old son was thrilled when they came out with it and we looked every where to find one in stock black on black coming off the truck lucking we thought brought it home that day we just drove up to his home when people where pulling over to see it is a very nice looking car i must say but then come the real thing the cars first trip to the dealer at a young age of 315. mile the engine was gone broken it took gm 22 days to get it back up and running sorry to say that was not the last time it had to go for repair second time was for tire senors and recalls 4 hours at the dealer they fixed it now it is in again for its for item to be repair the axle broke ride side dealer said it was not covered the miles is 5400. and after i called gm direct they say they have not denied the claim at this time this very young 2010 ss camaro that lookes so nice is a peice of junk they are looking over the car to make sure that my son did not do any changes to the car that he did not but because of his age he is being treated very badly by gm so at this time the part came in 3/12/10 but the car is still sittiing at the dealler waiting for gm to make the call i have informed then that i would be calling my sentor and the newspapers on this the car is at 5400. mile has been at the dealer for repairs a total of 29 days tomorrow will be 30 day so for you fans out there make sure you are in your fourtys before buying this car from gm if not they will make every attempt to not fix your car and if you already have the car get ready to get an attorney this car is junk and gm will not get away with trying to take advange of young adult specielly ones that pay taxes and a lot so as you can tell as a parent i am going to go all the way with this gm put this cars together what they had laying around and if your car brakes all the parts are in back order hmmmm wonder way maybe because they keep braking gm need to take car of there customers and every tax paper sence there only still here because they have are money mad a hell

Last edited by dallas789; 03-21-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling
dallas789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #11
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_long927 View Post
I saw 3 new GTO's today. and one had a wicked exhaust on it. Man those things are sick... I still love the camaro more though...
3 new GTO's? Wow, and I thought Pontiac had gone out of business.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote