Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 AM   #1415
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS -Cyber Gray
so to sum it up before closing the thread, we camaro guys do not like the mustang. I think that's the majority thought. Personally, I think the new mustang is going to be pretty bad ass performance wise. I wouldn't buy one, but surely respect it.

Now about mustang folks posting in a CAMARO forum.......never mind.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:28 AM   #1416
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Well don't speak for everyone man. I will say that the 2011 "Mutang" definitely does not trump the Camaro in style. Not even close. But it IS still better than, say, a Nissan Altima or the like

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:19 AM   #1417
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
some people like mustang some people like camaro some people like both like me. im driving the 06mustang right now and i want a camaro but when camaro people drive by me they dont roll down their widnows to say hi that makes me mad.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #1418
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
Geeze - what a buncha whiners... BTW- I've seen your wife, and she is... TASTY!

Have a good weekend, everyone!
I think you missed my point. it is fine if you want to discuss certain aspects in the VS forum, but to come here to post just to rag on the car isn't cool. If Style wasn't subjective and could be scored based on some criteria then sure we could debate on that. but style is an OPINION, and everyone has an opinion on what looks best. All people have to say I I like the style of the Camaro/Mustang better and here's why.. You don't have to come here and say the Camaro/Mustang looks like crap and here's why....

Like has been said This is the Camaro Forum (our Home) and we will defend our Family from malicious attacks. I am sure in your home you would do the same...
Old 03-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #1419
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
A while back I saw a Camaro vs Mustang video on youtube where a Mustang guy and a Camaro guy asked random people on the street which car they liked the looks of better. They had a 2010 Mustang and a 2010 Camaro there and every single person they stopped said hands down the Camaro. And you know what they were right.

I have owned Mustangs (67 and 02) and I have owned Camaros (80,97,2010) and can honestly say this Camaro is by far the coolest, fastest and by far the best looking of the bunch and it isnt even close. I dont hate either car and I was originally thinking about getting the 2010 Mustang but after seeing them in person and driving them both it was an easy decision. The Shelby is pretty awesome but who wants to spend $50k+ on a Mustang?
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #1420
Chip

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS '96 riv
i posted on that moron's "review"... i think it's great that this rivalry has been resparked, especially for the V6 models to be getting so much attention... it has and will continue to raise the bar on what can be done with modern technology to increase mileage and power.

i will say however the new Mustang did nothing to "raise the bar" it simply caught up. (on the V6 for sure, and we will see about the V8s) it's a 6 year old skin and just plain boring now. really all the 2005 model changed was the skin. that Cologne 4.0 needed to go in the worst way. Mustang fanboys should be writing thank you letters to the general.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #1421
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Back to the topic at hand, you are never going to get everyone to agree that one cars styling is better than anothers. Appearances are completely subjective. What one person finds attractive or beautiful is not going to hold true for everyone. You can argue until you are blue in the face, but you will never be able to convince someone else that they are incorrect for not agreeing with your opinion.

I think that is what we are dealing with here. The Camaro generally gets rave reviews about its styling, but here we have one person who gives the Mustang kudos over the new Camaro and everyone cries foul. Get over it. As it has been stated, most people are in love with the Gen5"s styling, so why make such a big deal over one guys opinion? Go enjoy you car, whatever make/model it might be; isn't that what you bought it for?
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #1422
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Back to the topic at hand, you are never going to get everyone to agree that one cars styling is better than anothers. Appearances are completely subjective. What one person finds attractive or beautiful is not going to hold true for everyone. You can argue until you are blue in the face, but you will never be able to convince someone else that they are incorrect for not agreeing with your opinion.

I think that is what we are dealing with here. The Camaro generally gets rave reviews about its styling, but here we have one person who gives the Mustang kudos over the new Camaro and everyone cries foul. Get over it. As it has been stated, most people are in love with the Gen5"s styling, so why make such a big deal over one guys opinion? Go enjoy you car, whatever make/model it might be; isn't that what you bought it for?

I agree you are so correct in this matter.......

I dont like the looks of the new mustang either however

Opinions are like A$$holes we all have one.... Some stink and some dont

I will say it gets on my nerves hearing some Mustang Fanatic coming over here and going on and on and on about his type of car.......imo go to a mustang board and let us enjoy our car.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #1423
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I agree you are so correct in this matter.......

I dont like the looks of the new mustang either however

Opinions are like A$$holes we all have one.... Some stink and some dont

I will say it gets on my nerves hearing some Mustang Fanatic coming over here and going on and on and on about his type of car.......imo go to a mustang board and let us enjoy our car.

My thought exactly
Old 03-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #1424
Chip

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS '96 riv
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post

yeah but the guy based the Mustang's advantage on the 2010 Camaro not having a convertible option. However, he was comparing it to a 2011 Mustang... comparing a 2010 Mustang v6 to a 2010 Camaro v6 there is no comparison even a Mustang fanatic will admit to that, comparing a 2011 Camaro to a 2011 Mustang and the Camaro does have a convertible option. i'm just saying it's not a fair comparison.

the guy writing the article is obviously a very biased Mustang fan, he goes into length about Sync, but doesn't know a damn thing about Onstar, if he thinks the nav feature on Sync is easy to use he obviously has never tried the "directions and connections" feature available on the Camaro... not to mention advanced crash notification, handsfree calling with or without the use of your cell phone, stolen vehicle assistance, vehicle diagnostics or remote door unlocks... on the features and benifits Onstar has it all over sync. calling himself a car expert and attempting to make it seem unbiased is what i don't like about the article.

but... like you said, enjoy the car.
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #1425
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Bah I have learned to stop responding to these threads. Your on a CAMARO BOARD. Nothing will be unbiased. Its just that simple. Even on a stang board people will be bias towards THEIR car.

I will say you can always tell who the TRUE enthusiast are. They are the ones who actually use FACTS to banter with and actually have a valid and factual opinion about things. To bad there are not more of the true enthusiast around on ALL boards.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #1426
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
yeah but the guy based the Mustang's advantage on the 2010 Camaro not having a convertible option. However, he was comparing it to a 2011 Mustang... comparing a 2010 Mustang v6 to a 2010 Camaro v6 there is no comparison even a Mustang fanatic will admit to that, comparing a 2011 Camaro to a 2011 Mustang and the Camaro does have a convertible option. i'm just saying it's not a fair comparison.
Who cares what he based his opinion on? Again, what is being discussed, aesthetics, is not something that everyone will agree on. I will certainly agree, using the current lack of a convertible option on the Camaro is a lame thing to base an opinion on, but he is free to choose whatever criteria he wants to use for the basis of his opinion. That does not mean you have to agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
the guy writing the article is obviously a very biased Mustang fan, he goes into length about Sync, but doesn't know a damn thing about Onstar, if he thinks the nav feature on Sync is easy to use he obviously has never tried the "directions and connections" feature available on the Camaro... not to mention advanced crash notification, handsfree calling with or without the use of your cell phone, stolen vehicle assistance, vehicle diagnostics or remote door unlocks... on the features and benifits Onstar has it all over sync. calling himself a car expert and attempting to make it seem unbiased is what i don't like about the article.

but... like you said, enjoy the car.
Biased? Okay, let's say that's the case, so what? 90% of the posts in this thread alone are biased toward the Camaro. And one would not expect anything less considering this is a website devoted to the 5th generation Camaro.

For the record, comparing the navigation/SYNC system present on the Mustang to OnStar that is present in the Camaro is not an apples-to-apples comparison. SYNC/navigation in the Ford lineup does not cost you a dime and you do not need to subscribe to a service in order for those features to function. Unless I am mistaken, you have to pay for OnStar to receive the functions you listed once the initial "free" period expires.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #1427
Tridon

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Hyper Blue Metallic V6
Whether you're a Camaro fan or a Mustang fan, direct comparisons between different model years are rubbish, especially paper comparisons.
Tridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #1428
Cobra Jay
Account Suspended

Drives: SN95 Cobra
All of you SS owners who think you're gonna be blowing the doors of the 2011 Mustang GTs are in for a rude awakening.

Cobra Jay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video