Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
Full Lock
Evasive Maneuvers

Drives: SIM '15 1SS 1LE
seems to be a fair price. I got mine for about $37.5k 2SS with nav, camera & BA. No RS, sunroof, or NPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
My point? You have a LOT of negotiating power with this Dead new stock. After 5-6 months of it not being started up...moved, driven, it is a proven FACT these cars have FAR more issues with warranties..
Hmmm interesting, Guess I shouldn't be too upset that mine had 200 miles on it when I picked it up expecting 25

Last edited by Full Lock; 09-15-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Full Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #16
JustinC

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
OK..

Depends on the VIN and how long this car has been sitting on the lot. With some dealers paying attention to production numbers believe the 2013 1LE a "hot car" and some dealers will not negotiate.

This 1LE, if has been on the lot longer than 6 months...is brand new DEAD STOCK.. and I always wondered why dealers held onto cars as this..

So, my question to you...how hard will you educate yourself and go back and say "yo bitch, what gives with you not budging with this dead stock car yo!"

I bought a 13 2SS 1LE in July. Sticker was 43,970..$3750 in rebates and I believe another $1800 GMS. There is a LOT of negotiating room here.

$1000 Camaro rebate
$1000 GM Emp allowance
$750 USAA
$500 GM Emp bonus cash
$500 Bonus cash

Some dealers treating the 1LE as if it's a one off.

If it's Tom Gill Chevy,Wyler and specifically Jake Sweeney...run. I had my run in with all three over this past June when I realized IOM was out the door for 14 and wanted a 13 1LE BAD! One dealer lied (Sweeney) and the other two believed the 1LE could walk on water. Needless to say...Wyler held onto the car until I believe 2 weeks ago and was a car produced in Feb.

My point? You have a LOT of negotiating power with this Dead new stock. After 5-6 months of it not being started up...moved, driven, it is a proven FACT these cars have FAR more issues with warranties..
Really appreciate this insight. They asked me if I had access to the GM Friends and Family discount and I said maybe, but wasn't very successful in finding someone I knew with that connection or connection with any of the other GM discounts. I suppose I'll keep looking to try and find someone to help with that.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #17
JustinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
There's a few other 1LE's near cincinnati. I just did a little search on google and came up with these:

http://www.bobpulte.com/VehicleDetai...-OH/2024499813

http://www.jakesweeneychevy.com/Vehi...-OH/2012518153

Saw these when I was looking around. Appreciate the help. The first is sans sunroof and the other is a 1SS.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #18
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Doesn't the sunroof option sort of go against what the 1LE track package is about?
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #19
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
I would agree on not getting a sunroof...as the reason for the 1LE is a track car, but that is ONLY my opinion.

You have the power of negotiating the price. However, with this being a 1LE, and not a run of the mill SS, you do diminish this power because of the limited production. Where you boost your negotiating power with this dealer is to find 2 other similar 1LE's within 300-400 miles...or more...and negotiating with them...then going back to the dealer you are working with and saying...I found this one for less (well hopefully less) and go from there. These dealers know the 13's are depleting and many people are calling all over the country for a car that is 800-2000 miles away....and they are holding out their 1LE stock for the best price.

Get the VIN and do some homework...try and pin down the date of manufacture or just look at the silver and black door sticker for the 02/13 date and month sticker. If over 4-6 months old...in these days, dead stock.

This New Old dead stock term did not come from my uncle...we were talking a few months ago about this. He was a Ford Dyno lab engineer and somehow came on the subject. It is a commonly known fact of merchant ability only spoken internally within dealers and the company. He said...one can not produce a car...have it on the lot for 6 months...not start, move, etc...and expect the car to not have issues. Seals need be lubricated, engine needs to cycle...driven.

Just his 2 cents.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #20
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
There is one other way to look at this from a negotiation standpoint. If the dealer has had the vehicle for a little while, its because one of two reasons, either they are not flexible on price, or no one is interested in the car. I know we are fans of the 1LE but the average Camaro driver wants an automatic and doesn't want to pay the extra money for the 1LE package. If the car has been there for over a month, no reason you can't negotiate down to invoice plus all the rebates. My car wasn't even on their lot for a month and I bought at $100 over invoice plus all the rebates. It was the only 1LE they had gotten. (They got one more 2013 after I bought mine).
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #21
racerx1214

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
OK..

Depends on the VIN and how long this car has been sitting on the lot. With some dealers paying attention to production numbers believe the 2013 1LE a "hot car" and some dealers will not negotiate.

This 1LE, if has been on the lot longer than 6 months...is brand new DEAD STOCK.. and I always wondered why dealers held onto cars as this..

So, my question to you...how hard will you educate yourself and go back and say "yo bitch, what gives with you not budging with this dead stock car yo!"

I bought a 13 2SS 1LE in July. Sticker was 43,970..$3750 in rebates and I believe another $1800 GMS. There is a LOT of negotiating room here.

$1000 Camaro rebate
$1000 GM Emp allowance
$750 USAA
$500 GM Emp bonus cash
$500 Bonus cash

Some dealers treating the 1LE as if it's a one off.

If it's Tom Gill Chevy,Wyler and specifically Jake Sweeney...run. I had my run in with all three over this past June when I realized IOM was out the door for 14 and wanted a 13 1LE BAD! One dealer lied (Sweeney) and the other two believed the 1LE could walk on water. Needless to say...Wyler held onto the car until I believe 2 weeks ago and was a car produced in Feb.

This.

F sweeney, they were bums.

and F Wyler. My car came from wyler because I couldn't find one anywhere else, and I wouldn't buy a car from them again if they had a 1 of 1 and I had unlimited funds. Biggest piece of shit dealer I have ever dealt with.
racerx1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #22
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
I bought my 2SS RS 1LE IOM with everything but NAV and sunroof for $39500 a month ago. That dealer had 2 1IE's at the time. I was happy with the deal.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #23
JustinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk55 View Post
Doesn't the sunroof option sort of go against what the 1LE track package is about?
It does. Though the car will see much more DD work than at the track so suppose it's a give and take situation.