Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #43
GetSmart

Drives: 2013 Black SS
Great news that he is getting better! Sending prayers and God Bless Robert and his family!
Rotofab CAI, VMAX PTB, Borla S axle-back, Dynatech SuperMaxx 1 7/8" headers/HF cats, No weeds exhaust diverters, Apex air scoop & catch can, Rohana wheels, MPD1 Z-Force Hood, BTR Stage 3 cam, Vitesse Throttle Controller, etc...
GetSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:56 PM   #44
BlackCam14

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Prayers of course.
BlackCam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:06 PM   #45
txtom

Drives: Firebird
Sorry for the lack of info; lots going on down here. Robert is still in Florida, but his relocation to Texas is imminent. Just waiting for some paperwork.
He is off the ventilator, and breathing better each day with the help of some oxygen. He is obviously in pain from his ribs and sternum, but they are managing that. He has been moved from ICU to a respiratory therapy room, and he may start physical therapy as soon as tomorrow, depending on the transfer to Texas. The trache tube has been removed, and he has something else in there--I ain't a Doc so I don't know what it is; speak tube or something like that-- but he can speak, although it is hard for him and taxes him to do it. He is very weak from laying around on his ass the last few weeks. (LOL). Debbie is doing as well as can be expected; She will have a great support group of Family once Bob gets to the Rehab hospital in New Braunfels. Just off the edge of Gruene for those familiar with the area. The Rehab Hospital is 20 minutes south of where Bob and Debbie live, and 20 minutes north of the town where Our Mother and I reside. Mom and I live 5 minutes apart, so we can easily get up there to help out. Debbie hopes to be home by Wednesday; she will spend Thanksgiving with Bob at the hospital; after Family Dinner we will make a very short controlled visit to see him that night. As I previously stated, he is very weak, and will need to gain some strength. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers, and i will inform you as soon as he gets moved. Take care, Tom
txtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:27 PM   #46
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Thanks Tom... I know it will be a big help to get him back to Texas where you all can be closer to home.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:08 AM   #47
DsCamaro1

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS RS L99
Sending all my prayers tonight from Chicago. Get well soon.
DsCamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:03 PM   #48
txtom

Debbie sent a text earlier that they plan to relocate Robert to Texas tomorrow. He will go straight to the rehab hospital, and then get some badly needed rest. The flight will take a small toll on him.
He was able to sit up in a chair briefly today, and sip some liquids. He is still very weak, and they are doing some limited physical therapy as he is able.
We will keep you posted as he gets here and settled.

Thanks, Tom
Old 11-21-2017, 11:09 PM   #49
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Oh man. Heres to a speedy recovery!
Old 11-22-2017, 06:04 AM   #50
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Prayers continue for a wonderful man.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #51
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Prayers for Robert and his Family.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:34 PM   #52
txtom

Robert was brought back to Texas this morning, and is settled in at his rehab hospital. Debbie was able to travel with him. He weathered the trip very well, is now resting comfortably. Debbie is going home tonight and will spend the day with him tomorrow. We will be hosting our Family Thanksgiving meal, then make a very short controlled visit to see him (and her).
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Tom
Old 11-27-2017, 08:54 AM   #53
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
one step at a time...
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #54
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Thanks one and all for the kind thoughts and prayers.

Ive been home for a while now and I'm finally feeling somewhat human as the doctors fine tune my medications.

It has been one hell of a long road but I'm on the way to being almost human. I drove my truck a couple days ago... lol, I pulled i out of the driveway for a delivery... and then backed it in...

Im planning on driving to Sonic a bit later this afternoon to get my favorite drink since my tastes have changed dramatically... I no longer care much for sweet tea... nor coke, but I love gatorade, and orange vanilla slushes from sonic...

My left hand is still mostly useless (neuropathy) but through occupational therapy, and trying to use is as best possible, I'm slowly regaining some use but have no nerve feedback yet... Time... Essentially if I'm looking at my hand I can hold things and use it in a very limited fashion. If I'm not looking at it, I have no idea what my hand is doing...It's all a bit strange....

Again, Thank You One and All...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:54 AM   #55
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Thoughts and prayers for you Robert. If you are so inclined, research foods and drugs that cause arterial plaque, and stay far away from them. I will pray that our Lord in heaven puts his full armor around you.
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #56
chrish70

Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
Prayers to you all and God Bless
chrish70 is offline   Reply With Quote