Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #1387
purplhaizcraz3

Drives: 2010 2LT CHEVY CAMARO BABY!!!!
Personally, I don't care what some article has to say about something so subjective as "styling" in regards to these two awesome cars. All that I care about is I have the car that speaks most to me, and gets my blood boiling the quickest. Camaro FTW!!!!
purplhaizcraz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #1388
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
Could be because the "Mutang" has always out-souled (yes, I can spell) the competition... Plenty of fanboys (and girls), and for good reason. While some of you guys don't like Mutangs due to their less flamboyant appearance, that's exactly why others prefer them.
Flamboyant? No. Just no.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #1389
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post

Sounds like you quoted from the GM talking points regarding the car. It is most cetainly retro in its styling. It's those very cue's you speak of (i.e. the side windows, gills, roofline, etc.) that make it a retro design. I get that GM did not set out to reproduce the exact styling of the 1st Gen Camaro, but there is no denying that those cars were used as the baseline. It's as much retro as the 2005 Mustang was when it was introduced. It has nothing in common with the 4th Gen cars that proceeded it.
Certainly sounds like you talk with your a$s. And you're wrong. It's most definitely a modern design but does, yes, resemble gen1 in some ways. But most definitely not a retro recreation

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 03-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #1390
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
I used to get sucked into these thread's, luckily I have been able to stay away, well mostly. However, I cant help watching the entertainment unfold.

Those of you that claim you hate the Mustang should be grateful that it has stuck around. And those of you that dog the Camaro should be just as grateful it has forced Ford too up the power in the GT.
Well said sir

Last edited by Revo1; 03-12-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #1391
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Personally i think the Camaro is just far better styled. Every time im in my car driving with a friend and we see a new Camaro its always a big deal, we point it out and watch it and sometimes follow it, the Camaro is a celebrity in styling, its a sure fire hit. Now when we see a 2010 Mustang we sometimes dont even notice it, it just doesnt stand out of the crowd like the Camaro does, of course if we do see it we'll point it out but it will just be "hey look a new Mustang" and it will end there, there wont be the enduring talk about it and stalking it and dreaming of what you would do with one of your own.

It might be subjective but it just seems to me that GM fan or not everyone's jaws drop at the sight of a 2010 Camaro, but only true blue Ford fans freak out when they see a new Mustang. In fact some people dont even know its a Mustang until it is pointed out by an enthusiest as such, but everyone instantly knows what the Camaro is. (my sister was taking her drive test to get her license and stopped next to a 2010 Camaro at a light and got points knocked off cause she missed the light turning green cause she was gawking at the car beside her, LOL, and she's not even a fan of muscle cars or Camaros, in fact she always complains about my 3rd gen xD )
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:57 PM   #1392
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
if you are a FOMOCO fan you are going to like the mustang.if you are a GM fan you are going to like the camaro.if you look at it realistically,this year 2010,the camaro is the most exciting car to come out in many years.any where you go in it,people come up to you and want to talk to you about it.what car stole the show at SEMA ? i personally have never seen people run up to a mustang to look at it. i am not saying the mustang is not a pretty car,it is.but this year it is camaro that is top dog.maybe next year it will be different.as far as styling goes,the mustang hasn't really changed in several years.so there isn't anything to really get excited about.i could go on and on,so this is about all i have to say about that.
Exactly my thoughts!!
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #1393
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Personally i think the Camaro is just far better styled. Every time im in my car driving with a friend and we see a new Camaro its always a big deal, we point it out and watch it and sometimes follow it, the Camaro is a celebrity in styling, its a sure fire hit. Now when we see a 2010 Mustang we sometimes dont even notice it, it just doesnt stand out of the crowd like the Camaro does, of course if we do see it we'll point it out but it will just be "hey look a new Mustang" and it will end there, there wont be the enduring talk about it and stalking it and dreaming of what you would do with one of your own.

It might be subjective but it just seems to me that GM fan or not everyone's jaws drop at the sight of a 2010 Camaro, but only true blue Ford fans freak out when they see a new Mustang. In fact some people dont even know its a Mustang until it is pointed out by an enthusiest as such, but everyone instantly knows what the Camaro is. (my sister was taking her drive test to get her license and stopped next to a 2010 Camaro at a light and got points knocked off cause she missed the light turning green cause she was gawking at the car beside her, LOL, and she's not even a fan of muscle cars or Camaros, in fact she always complains about my 3rd gen xD )
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper3000 View Post
Exactly my thoughts!!
I don't think anyone can argue with the points you've made. The new Camaro is a striking car.

However, what you describe is not a new phenomenon. It's just this cars turn in the cycle. When the 2005 Mustang bodystyle was introduced, it had the exact same effect on people. The same held true when the 2007 GT500 hit the streets. It was not just die-hard Ford fans going ga-ga over the vehicles, it was everyone. Only GM fanboys who refuse to give any credit to a blue oval product or folks who were not into the car scene at that time would argue otherwise.

As for the statement, "everyone instantly knows what the Camaro is", why would there be multiple instances noted in the thread below regarding people not knowing what kind of car the Camaro was, if that was always the case?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=challenger

Just saying.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #1394
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
I don't think anyone can argue with the points you've made. The new Camaro is a striking car.

However, what you describe is not a new phenomenon. It's just this cars turn in the cycle. When the 2005 Mustang bodystyle was introduced, it had the exact same effect on people. The same held true when the 2007 GT500 hit the streets. It was not just die-hard Ford fans going ga-ga over the vehicles, it was everyone. Only GM fanboys who refuse to give any credit to a blue oval product or folks who were not into the car scene at that time would argue otherwise.

As for the statement, "everyone instantly knows what the Camaro is", why would there be multiple instances noted in the thread below regarding people not knowing what kind of car the Camaro was, if that was always the case?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=challenger

Just saying.
Hey, Don't you Ford boys have your own forum to complain on?? While logging in I swear I did't see a thing about Mustangs.com or WTF??
Old 03-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #1395
SSchase

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS LS3
i personally really want to see how good this 5.0 is gonna be. i dont know much of the specs on it. but ive seen the gt350 from shelby and it looks like a good competition. i respect all the muscle cars and i welcome this cause this just gives me one more reason to cont building my SS up cant wait to see the first race between these two.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #1396
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Hey, Don't you Ford boys have your own forum to complain on?? While logging in I swear I did't see a thing about Mustangs.com or WTF??
At least he's being reasonable, and and fairly objective, which is more than I can say for alot of the Oval boys trollin threads like this.

We are not opposed to your feedback garagelogic, especially when it's tactful. Pay this response no mind.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #1397
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Lighten up, some peeps like to learn about, discuss, or even own more than one car at a time. I know this is very revolutionary, and does not fit well with traditional fan-boy and brand-whore ideology........
Old 03-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #1398
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Thanks guys, but it's okay. I'm used to the forum noobs getting on here and calling me a "Ford guy" or troll. Now, if my screen name were "Mustang Freak" or something like that, I could understand, but it's not.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #1399
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Does anyone care to discuss the article? If not I can give this thread the same fate most other Mustang threads get.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #1400
djinva
Bow Tie Fan

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
I have owned 4 Mustangs and 17 Camaros, so I am somewhat unbiased, but I thought this was camaro5.com. not mustang.com. I do not understand the Mustangs guys hanging out around here and bashing Camaros, I would NEVER go to a Ford site and do this. BY the way I'll take a Camaro any day of the week over a Mustang. IMO the rear of the new Mustang is awful.
12 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Instagram: djinva88
djinva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video