Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2010, 01:57 AM   #1457
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Don't think anyone is questioning that. It is a well designed engine with a ton of flow potential.

The issue with the 5.0 will be keeping it N/A. After researching, reading and learning as much as I could find since the December announcement, I am not convinced Ford left much on the table that isn't already covered. They stated that there is no gain to be had with shorty headers. There will be small gains with long tubes. The intake design leaves nothing to be gained in the aftermarket. That leaves a tune and long tubes for the N/A folks. Replacing 4 cams will cost almost as much as adding forced induction. See where this is heading?

It will cost a lot of $$$ to get significant power out of the 5.0. It has a ton of potential but your pockets better be deep.
Of course, that could be said with almost any engine.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #1458
snakekiller

Drives: f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
However, no one knows how it will considering no one knows the specifications of the Z/28, or even if the Z/28 is going to be put into production.
ok then
the 5.0L will be a great engine, after reading the 5.0 magazine report on the engine, i am impressed. Ford build the engine for future boost and direct injection. the only week link in the chain is the connection rods, that are made from powder metal for lightness. they can only handle low amounts of boost, like 8lbs.
snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:23 AM   #1459
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60n4.6 View Post
haha guys really....FORD was the first one to go retro with the styling...if you ask me being a ford mustang guy i think the srt8 chally looks the best AND Stock Exhaust out of all three cant we all just get along

Agreed

Those who know me ... I will challenge anyone one on that FACT !!!

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:40 AM   #1460
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSS View Post
It's hilarious these mustang guys on this site. Wonder why? LOL
Someone got to keep you guys in-tuned with reality ... you guys act like your god on the road, Camaro5 or not ... that shit is sicking and it's why I don't post as often anymore

Now for the 2011 Mustang vs. Camaro... IMO it's a toss up, I'll drive ether one, but I got my eyes on a 1SS- Deep water blue

... and for the record I turn my head when all Three muscle cars drive past :p

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:16 AM   #1461
Croatcamaro2010

Drives: '10 Camaro RS 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
are you living under a rock? the mustang was redesigned for the 2010 model year, and have new exciting engines going in for 2011. The new mustang is the hottest/most aggressive looking car out right now with an interior to match. The car is sex on wheels.
i disagree as well. that interior is pretty plain with a wall of buttons for a radio. and the annoying clip clop like its some stupid horse riding away with the turn signals? really? also the steering wheel is kinda bland. theres no depth to the outter wheel with the center. its just flat

http://www.active.com/donate/napa12midastl/stlNBrekal
Croatcamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #1462
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
compared to the 2003 Mustang Concept...the 2005 - 2011 cars seem a little boring to me. I remembering being disappointed when the 05 GT came out. Although I still notice and respect the Mustang...never wanted to actually purchase a newer one.

The fact that Chevy released the Camaro so close to the 06 concept won me over.

And for the record, the 5th Gen is the only Camaro other than 1st Gen I ever wanted, and did actually purchase.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #1463
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
For the record, comparing the navigation/SYNC system present on the Mustang to OnStar that is present in the Camaro is not an apples-to-apples comparison. SYNC/navigation in the Ford lineup does not cost you a dime and you do not need to subscribe to a service in order for those features to function. Unless I am mistaken, you have to pay for OnStar to receive the functions you listed once the initial "free" period expires.
agreed. Point goes to Ford.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #1464
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quite the mighty troll we have on or hands.

He is so full of credible information.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #1465
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Motor Trend owned by Ford???

Just read the April edition of Motor Trend
they have an article on the new Mustang V6
and one stupid remark
The Fords optional 3:31 axle might well ensure
the Camaro runs in the rear view mirror. the Camaro is 3:27
Too soon to tell whether the Mustang has the goods
to dust off it's archrival the 250 HP 6 cyl Challenger [duh]
They are so biased I am going to cancel my subscription
they copied everything the Camaro introduced one year ago
6 speed , one touch starting, 305 HP
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #1466
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Dude, one-upsmanship has been the name of the game in the auto industry for decades. In this case, it looks like Ford simply did what it needed to do to compete with its rivals base car offering.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #1467
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Wow...an impressive troll-explosion here overnight I see.

Not a single one of us is saying the 5.0 will be a pig or a slow car, what some of us (including myself) are saying is simple mechanical truths..Ford has just about done all it can on a 5 liter engine.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #1468
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
.....Ford has just about done all it can on a 5 liter engine.
No doubt in my mind, that Ford as a whole, is not a stupid company. They like to make a profit, and they likely have a good reason to stick with the 5 liter size... Like selling the Mustang GT in countries where yearly tax and insurance rates re based upon engine displacement. Over 5 liters displacement, may bump your rates up into the next category...
Not every buyer wants over 5 liters.
For those looking for greater economy with the Mustang look, you choose the V6; better economy all around. For more punch (with the significant cost increase), you can opt for the GT-500. Yes, it's still a Mustang, but with plenty of go... Ford has been making best-selling "pony" cars for quite a while now, and they do it for one reason in particular; PROFIT. Big business is just like politics... a balancing act. You can please all of the people some of the time... but you can't please all of 'em all of the time. Be thankful, or we'd all drive electric golf carts shaped like eggs, and they'd truly be built by Government Motors.. and come in two colors.
oldlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #1469
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
No doubt in my mind, that Ford as a whole, is not a stupid company. They like to make a profit, and they likely have a good reason to stick with the 5 liter size... Like selling the Mustang GT in countries where yearly tax and insurance rates re based upon engine displacement. Over 5 liters displacement, may bump your rates up into the next category...
Not every buyer wants over 5 liters.
For those looking for greater economy with the Mustang look, you choose the V6; better economy all around. For more punch (with the significant cost increase), you can opt for the GT-500. Yes, it's still a Mustang, but with plenty of go... Ford has been making best-selling "pony" cars for quite a while now, and they do it for one reason in particular; PROFIT. Big business is just like politics... a balancing act. You can please all of the people some of the time... but you can't please all of 'em all of the time. Be thankful, or we'd all drive electric golf carts shaped like eggs, and they'd truly be built by Government Motors.. and come in two colors.
Considering Ford did not go through a government funded and managed bankruptcy..then I'd say they've been doing ALOT of things right.

That being said, you're absolutely 100% right about Ford choosing to stick with the 5.0. What we're all saying is that Ford has done brilliant things with the motor, and that people will find it difficult to get more out of it without going with forced induction.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #1470
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
They don't need to do any more with the 5.0L. That's what the GT500 is for.
kind of expensive to drop the 5.4L in..
wouldnt it be easier to done the line when u save up money just drop in piston and add a supercharger and boost the shit out of the 5.0L
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video