Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2010, 12:46 AM   #2801
BlackSS831

Drives: 2008 Lexus IS350
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
Realistically, 85% of the Muscle cars shown will be bought by middle aged people who will never race them, don't have the skills to be competetive, and would be scared to death to see what they can really do. 5% will go to kids whose parents should know better, and the last 10% will be the people who know the potential of the cars. The last 10% are the ones that will hit the track, do the mods, and test the platforms to the fullest. Unfortunatly, the automakers have to cater to the 85%, and the 10% have to correct the short-comings. The positive side is that the volume brings down the price, and brings out the individual interpretations of what is the "BEST" Muscle Car.
I couldn't have said it better myself!
BlackSS831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:39 AM   #2802
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
A friend of mine forwarded me the article and said that the "Mustang is faster than the Camaro and is cheaper... "

I told him that it probably is faster since Camaro's have been outselling the Mustang this past year, and they have to come out with something better if they want to sell the Mustang.

I also told him that it is NOT cheaper... Agreed that the starting price is lower, but the Camaro comes stock with 20" Pirelli's and Brembos. The Brembos alone are a $2k upgrade package from Ford... and MT's Mustang costed them $40k+ while the Camaro was $36+...

Yes you can get a Mustang GT cheaper than a Camaro, but the exact base 1SS config on a Mustang GT will cost you more!
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:57 AM   #2803
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I love my SS that said clearly the 5.0 is underrated and is putting out far more than the 412hp Ford states. So it will win most comparos due to being lighter and more powerful. In the end the winner will be what style people like more. Clearly the 2010 mustang was well received but lacked the power and the 6th gear the camaro had yet the Camaro out sold it every month since its release both before and after the 5.0 was announced. Also the mustangs of past were never as fast as the camaro yet they outsold it. Now the tables are turned but GM wont let Fords power lead last for long. The Camaro is a great car and the customer knows that and thats why it's the best selling muscle car on sale now.
I read this review last night and thought of the rumored under-rating and I call BS. The Mustang has a better p/w ratio and better gearing so it's expected that it'd perform better in acceleration. If Chevy would finally get around to offering some true performance upgrades (I expect some in the '11MY) like gears and a track-pack like suspension kit designed by somebody like Pedders it'd make for a much more even playing field. The way I see it, base vs base it's a drivers race with the Stang having a very slight advantage, that track pack just provides an even bigger advantage. I have to say Ford was smart to leave the go-fast goodies as options and always put them on the journalists cars, that way regular Joe can read the reviews and think he gets a vastly superior car for less money.

What I really did hate though was them putting the CHally over the Camaro when just a few months ago the Camaro was slapping it around in reviews. It still out performed the SRT-8 but it was down rated on objective criteria like exterior looks... exterior looks they couldn't get enough of 6 months ago, exterior looks that won World Car Design of the year award. Are you kidding me? MT = BS and I'm not just saying that cuz I'm a Camarophile... i call em how i smell em.

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #2804
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
A friend of mine forwarded me the article and said that the "Mustang is faster than the Camaro and is cheaper... "

I told him that it probably is faster since Camaro's have been outselling the Mustang this past year, and they have to come out with something better if they want to sell the Mustang.

I also told him that it is NOT cheaper... Agreed that the starting price is lower, but the Camaro comes stock with 20" Pirelli's and Brembos. The Brembos alone are a $2k upgrade package from Ford... and MT's Mustang costed them $40k+ while the Camaro was $36+...

Yes you can get a Mustang GT cheaper than a Camaro, but the exact base 1SS config on a Mustang GT will cost you more!
The mustangs outsold the camaros exponentially even when the camaros were clearly better performers.

And the M/T car had the $2k glass roof and premium interior.

The prices are pretty comparable optioned out nearly the same.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #2805
srstewart03

Drives: 2010 2SS RS stroker 422
biased for sure

the new thing out is always the most intrigued and will probably win more votes. So yeah totally bias reviews.......then again who cares about a stock muscle car? If you have it your most likely gonna modify because you bought the thing for power. If your interested in competition.....look under their hood, chassis etc. thats what will be the difference when it comes to a muscle car no matter who makes it...... The SS all the way
srstewart03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:41 AM   #2806
Sax1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post

What I really did hate though was them putting the CHally over the Camaro when just a few months ago the Camaro was slapping it around in reviews. It still out performed the SRT-8 but it was down rated on objective criteria like exterior looks... exterior looks they couldn't get enough of 6 months ago, exterior looks that won World Car Design of the year award. Are you kidding me? MT = BS and I'm not just saying that cuz I'm a Camarophile... i call em how i smell em.

I do agree that the MT article was bullcrap in claiming the SRT8 over the SS because of objective criteria. The SS out performed the SRT8 in every way that was actually measurable.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:41 AM   #2807
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
The mustangs outsold the camaros exponentially even when the camaros were clearly better performers.

According to actual numbers, I'm pretty sure the camaro has outsold the mustang since month 1 that it's been back...Are you speaking of the 4th gens?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:42 AM   #2808
Sax1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
According to actual numbers, I'm pretty sure the camaro has outsold the mustang since month 1 that it's been back...Are you speaking of the 4th gens?
Yes the Camaros have been winning the sales war, and pretty handily, since they came back out.

I was just speaking historically.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:50 AM   #2809
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
The mustang might be ahead now, but the camaro still gets all the attention on the road

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:52 AM   #2810
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Keep in mind the article stated that the last comparo kept price equal for all. This time price was no object and instead of the RT they used the SRT so perhaps thats why they changed there choice on the Challenger. The fact is people love the Camaro and are buying it like crazy. GM will probably react to Ford's HP infusion but I doubt it will do much as long as the Camaro is selling. If they still sell well they probably wont even bother to change it till the 6th gen lands in a few years.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:09 AM   #2811
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Quote:

Base price for a Mustang GT: $30,495
Base price for a Camaro 1SS: $31,795

According to a C&D Video: This comes with 19" wheels and non-brembo brakes. Brembos alone cost $1700 and that too just for the FRONTS.

Not sure what the 20" upgrades will cost... Anyways I would guess that the Mustang would be at least $1k when specked out to what a 1SS Base Camaro has.

My point being when people say that the Mustang is cheaper than the Camaro, that's because it comes with less features!
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:05 AM   #2812
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaCamaro View Post
Love it.

If people are dumb enough not to do a full investigation themselves, then they deserve what they get.

I'd like to see GM succeed but I would also rather not have the streets flooded with cars just like mine.

I say "Buy a Mustang," I can't go 5 miles without seeing 20 or 30 of them.
will it would make sense cuz the new camaro body style has only just come out. give it a couple more years and im sure it will be just like all the mustangs u c. the new body style mustang has been out since 2005...
Old 04-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #2813
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
Quote:
Does GM make the ZL575?
With the help from SLP yes u could have ordered it from a dealer from what i have seen and read.
justincase_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #2814
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I love my SS that said clearly the 5.0 is underrated and is putting out far more than the 412hp Ford states. So it will win most comparos due to being lighter and more powerful. In the end the winner will be what style people like more. Clearly the 2010 mustang was well received but lacked the power and the 6th gear the camaro had yet the Camaro out sold it every month since its release both before and after the 5.0 was announced. Also the mustangs of past were never as fast as the camaro yet they outsold it. Now the tables are turned but GM wont let Fords power lead last for long. The Camaro is a great car and the customer knows that and thats why it's the best selling muscle car on sale now.
Well said and true.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video