Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #1345
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
There are retro elements, like you said..cues. I wouldnt call it retro..I wouldnt necessarily call the Mustang 100% retro either.

The Challenger is 100% retro..either for better or worse.

I'd say the most retro thing about the Camaro is the interior, followed by the front end. The rest of it being sport coup.

Either way..I find all three cars to be incredibly attractive.
+1

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #1346
RedJewelrsss32

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Camaro
I believe these opinions come out becouse Mustang fans know the car is not exciting anymore as their are 40 Mustangs to every Camaro and they know the Camaro is a very unique car Ford needs something a little more exciting and they cant seem to find it even with their latest attempt,looks like a Mustang This Camaro ROCKS!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #1347
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Everything out there about the 5.0 say there is a lot of power left on the table and it is future proofed for things like direct injection and power adders. Ford knows their target market and being a Mustang the aftermarket is going to build at a crazy fast rates, no doubt there will be aftermarket parts available before the first customer takes delivery of their car.
Its strong enough for boost, but there is a little problem, that being:

11:1 compression ratio. Its going to be a bit touchy putting boost on this engine. Also..the 5.0 is coming with headers from the factory, so you wont be able to gain much from shorties, maybe long tubes will help.

The intake is already optimized, but I suppose there are a few horses that can be gained from either a ram-air intake or a "CAI". Ported heads? sure..more aggressive cams (since its a DOHC)..sure..but I'm not sure there is a great deal of N/A power left on the table out of the new 5.0. It will be more difficult to mod than the 5.7L Hemi..and will likely produce less power on a HP per dollar basis.

Put shorty headers, high flow or no cat mid-pipes, a tune and cat back exhaust on a 345 Hemi? you've just picked up 35 RWHP Add in ported heads, a new air intake and a new cam? you've got ~85 RWHP over stock Mind you the 5.7 Hemi is a difficult engine to work on, but has tremendous potential in it.

The LS3 and L99 motors are powerful motors and are FAR easier to work on than the Hemi's (history is repeating itself, yes?) and respond to mods very very well. The LS3 and L99 respond so well to simple mods its a beautiful sight to behold.

Make no mistake..the 5.0 is going to be a very fast motor and the 11' GT is going to be a runner in the 0-60 and 1/4...but it doesnt have the mod potential that the Hemi's do (5.7, 6.1 and 6.4) or the ease of modifications like the LS3's and L99's do.

Ford's brought back the 5.0..and pushed it damn near to its limit, there is only so much you can do on a 5 liter engine while keeping to traditional push rod technology.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #1348
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Its strong enough for boost, but there is a little problem, that being:

11:1 compression ratio. Its going to be a bit touchy putting boost on this engine. Also..the 5.0 is coming with headers from the factory, so you wont be able to gain much from shorties, maybe long tubes will help.

The intake is already optimized, but I suppose there are a few horses that can be gained from either a ram-air intake or a "CAI". Ported heads? sure..more aggressive cams (since its a DOHC)..sure..but I'm not sure there is a great deal of N/A power left on the table out of the new 5.0. It will be more difficult to mod than the 5.7L Hemi..and will likely produce less power on a HP per dollar basis.

Put shorty headers, high flow or no cat mid-pipes, a tune and cat back exhaust on a 345 Hemi? you've just picked up 35 RWHP Add in ported heads, a new air intake and a new cam? you've got ~85 RWHP over stock Mind you the 5.7 Hemi is a difficult engine to work on, but has tremendous potential in it.

The LS3 and L99 motors are powerful motors and are FAR easier to work on than the Hemi's (history is repeating itself, yes?) and respond to mods very very well. The LS3 and L99 respond so well to simple mods its a beautiful sight to behold.

Make no mistake..the 5.0 is going to be a very fast motor and the 11' GT is going to be a runner in the 0-60 and 1/4...but it doesnt have the mod potential that the Hemi's do (5.7, 6.1 and 6.4) or the ease of modifications like the LS3's and L99's do.

Ford's brought back the 5.0..and pushed it damn near to its limit, there is only so much you can do on a 5 liter engine while keeping to traditional push rod technology.
Well Said
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #1349
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewelrsss32 View Post
I believe these opinions come out becouse Mustang fans know the car is not exciting anymore as their are 40 Mustangs to every Camaro and they know the Camaro is a very unique car Ford needs something a little more exciting and they cant seem to find it even with their latest attempt,looks like a Mustang This Camaro ROCKS!!!!!
Be careful about bragging about build numbers..someone could come along in 4 years, when there are a half million Camaro's out on the roads and say "Camaro fans know the car is not exciting anymore as there are 40 Camaro's to every *insert hot new car here* and they know the *hot new car* is a very unique car".

I'm not saying that the Camaro isnt epically cool, it is..but it also has potential to be mind-numbingly common, just like the Charger and Mustangs are now.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #1350
woodman13

Drives: none
Well I am glad it did not just buy the 2010 Camaro SS I was looking at. I am going to save my duckies for now and continue my 85 S15 6.0/T56 turbo build and wait for the 2011 Stang/Camaro/Challenger to hit the streets...I think the king of the street (in stock form) will be a close race.
woodman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #1351
riverrattcom

Drives: 2010 2SS RS SIM
The Mustang is the Clear Winner. In "Yawn" points LOL
riverrattcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #1352
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Everything out there about the 5.0 say there is a lot of power left on the table and it is future proofed for things like direct injection and power adders. Ford knows their target market and being a Mustang the aftermarket is going to build at a crazy fast rates, no doubt there will be aftermarket parts available before the first customer takes delivery of their car.
Not for the motor....just plain wrong. It will be 6 months to a year before there are any motor mods that will offer a decent power increase.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #1353
RedJewelrsss32

Quote:
Be careful about bragging about build numbers..someone could come along in 4 years, when there are a half million Camaro's out on the roads and say "Camaro fans know the car is not exciting anymore as there are 40 Camaro's to every *insert hot new car here* and they know the *hot new car* is a very unique car".

I'm not saying that the Camaro isnt epically cool, it is..but it also has potential to be mind-numbingly common, just like the Charger and Mustangs are now.
I agree completely it is looking that way I'm just saying Ford really needs something different The Mustang look is very common as the Camaro will soon be It is a ongoing battle but Ford's look is been really the same since what 2004 2005 they changed a couple of minor apperances. The powertrain changes are refreshing but the cars are not eyecatching anymore you see one Mustang you see them all. It doesnt help when some punk takes a six cylinder and tries to fool you with a GT 500 add ons. Sorry I live in a area when everyone and their brother owns a damn Mustang I have one of four Camaros in town hope that clarifies
Old 03-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #1354
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
more gear options would be Great however give it a Few years Ford will have to add airbags and safety equip to there car when they redo its look once again and she will gain a little weight.

Dont stress to much on the stang I give ford a Hand in making a Great car with unusual displacement and interesting cylinder heads that makes 1.36hp cid right out of the box compared to Gm's Camaro with a 376 Ls3 which offers 1.13hp CID. Give those designed Fords 5.0L a hand its a Great motor for the folks who want to buy a car and leave it be and say this is my car.
You cant make the thing bigger in displacement like the LS3 and you have ZERO latitude for increased lift and faster ramp rate cams like the LS3's or 7's. The guys who buy the Camaro have all the room in the world to play and after they get through playing the 2011 Mustang doesn't stand a chance in hell since Ford did so much just to get what they can from the factory.

Its going to be a drivers race a lot of the time. This new 5.0L is going to make the folks who have 03/04 Cobras smile even more because they will realize ford designed them a Real car that can climb the ladder any day for Hp unlike this New 5.0L . If you want a bang out of the box get your stang however you want a bang out of the box and a lot more possible in the future ? Get the Camaro

Has Gm ever disappointed us in HP ever ? The sleeping Giant has woke up I dont see him laying down especially not in HP.
Well said and exactly why I bought a Camaro. The LS3/L99 has a ton of room to grow with mods.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #1355
RedJewelrsss32

Oh and by the way Viper Good choice in cars I recently purchased a used Challenger RT this car is fun Just love the look of this thing
Old 03-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #1356
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
Yup; ugly and slow... Why would anyone want this 2011 V6 Mustang...?

oldlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:02 AM   #1357
snakekiller

Drives: f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I'm not feeling that. I never liked what they did with the grill and the back end.
It takes the mustang out of the mustang. Besides a saleen isn't really a saleen anymore.
the back end is awesome, they fix it
i agree saleen isn't saleen with out the man.

i always wondered why is there a chevy Camaro vs tread
if most will never give any other car a chance, and it always turn's
into fanboy battles. this should be renamed Chevy vs. chevy
snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:08 AM   #1358
snakekiller

Drives: f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
Yup; ugly and slow... Why would anyone want this 2011 V6 Mustang...?

the following reasons why:
3.7L DOHC p/i v6 305hp and 280lbs. of torque
LSD standart
6 speed
3400lb
track pack: Mustang GT suspension, 3.55 gears and better tires
not bad for a ford and styling is very subjective.
snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video