Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-23-2017, 09:31 PM   #1
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
I Tried to protect my pristine Camaro, but FAILED!

So my '11 vert had no scratches, dings or even stone chips. Never driven in rain or snow.
Well today I had deliveries of stone, sand and bricks. I also had rental equipment in the garage where I normally park her, so I thought it would be safer to park my car in the neighbor's drive way, away from all the activities.

Well my neighbor forgot the car was there and backed into the rear quarter.
Very minor damage, but not sure paint less dent repair is an option, since it is right where the formed wheel flare is. Plus the paint is scraped. Might be able to buff it, if the dent wizard guy can fix it.
If not going to have to fix, blend in some color and re-clear the entire quarter?
Attached Images

Last edited by Kens ss; 05-23-2017 at 09:50 PM.
Kens ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
Oh, man, I feel your pain! I worry about stuff like this happening every day. What a beautiful car, bro!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:10 PM   #3
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Its a car.....I bought mine to drive and enjoy. I have a chipped windshield, passenger door ding, chipped facia paint and scratched outside mirror. Its made 2 trips on Route 66 from Chicago to LA. It sucks when these things happen but you cant keep anything perfect. I love my car no less. It has battle scars.....it has character..
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:48 PM   #4
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Sorry to hear OP. Too bad it isn't as easy keeping them perfect as it is driving them.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:56 PM   #5
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Its a car.....I bought mine to drive and enjoy. I have a chipped windshield, passenger door ding, chipped facia paint and scratched outside mirror. Its made 2 trips on Route 66 from Chicago to LA. It sucks when these things happen but you cant keep anything perfect. I love my car no less. It has battle scars.....it has character..
With this kind of logic, why buy new then? Just buy cheap repairable salvage cars and drive the crap out of them. It's just a car, right?

I know with me, a dent like that right on wheelwell crease line would drive me nuts. We don't buy these cars and invest tons of money/time into them so they can look like crap.

OP, try shopping around for a good PDR guy. You'd be amazed at the kind of dents they can pull out. Good luck!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #6
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Always a gremlin awaiting...It'll look just fine when you get it repaired...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:41 AM   #7
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
gringo, as was previously stated, life happens....I just washed my car on Sunday and it looked beautiful in the glowing Hawaii sun.....

and then today while dropping clothes off at the dry cleaners my door swung open too far and rubbed up against the mirror of the car next to me causing a few marks to appear on my driver's door. Was I pissed? Of course, but it'll probably come out and the car still runs at 100%....

Oh, and I never have and never will buy brand new. :P

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:21 AM   #8
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
A PDR expert should be able to make that look as good as new.
Best to thoroughly check their credentials first, you could contact the dealer and see who they use.
There are many youtube videos that show PDR done in that same location.
On the flare body line, looks like the clear coat was scuffed through a bit, is the color coat still intact?
If color coat is still fine then a tiny bit of clear coat might be all that is needed.
Sometimes my kids park in an area in my driveway that is not routine ... and have almost hit their cars; so I understand how that happened.
Real nice Vert, Rally Stripes, Ground Effects, and Caliper color -- looks fantastic on the RS!
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 05-24-2017 at 06:40 AM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #9
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
At least you know who did it. I hate finding the phantom gouges when I return to where I parked it.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:08 AM   #10
00 Z/28

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
+1 for PDR. That should come out with too much issue. Might cost $200.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:26 AM   #11
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Dents around wheel openings are usually a problem. You can try PDR and see how close to perfect they can get it out. If not, then you will need body work and blending.

I feel your pain; In general I don't trust people around my car. My good cars will always be supervised; But sh*t happens, that's why you have insurance.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:37 AM   #12
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Damn that sucks. Just do the best you can to keep your car nice. I bought my car to drive as well, just not everyday and it usually sits in the garage. I have had to replace two windshields and the front bumper. It still looks new, it just takes some time and aggravation to get it back to how you had it, but it can be done. Some people like to let their car go and some like to keep them pristine, different choices.

If you have to get it fixed at a body shop and repainted. Make sure the shop can do show car quality work or you will be unsatisfied and bringing it back 3 or 4 times.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:31 AM   #13
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Dents around wheel openings are usually a problem. You can try PDR and see how close to perfect they can get it out. If not, then you will need body work and blending.

I feel your pain; In general I don't trust people around my car. My good cars will always be supervised; But sh*t happens, that's why you have insurance.
This. That will be a difficult PDR job. Some won't even attempt it. I had a similar one. It's only about 90% right. But close enough you probably couldn't see it in a pic. You may not be happy with less than a body shop fix.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:50 AM   #14
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
With this kind of logic, why buy new then? Just buy cheap repairable salvage cars and drive the crap out of them. It's just a car, right?

I know with me, a dent like that right on wheelwell crease line would drive me nuts. We don't buy these cars and invest tons of money/time into them so they can look like crap.

OP, try shopping around for a good PDR guy. You'd be amazed at the kind of dents they can pull out. Good luck!
Everyone has their own opinion on this topic, so have at it. My car is garaged and covered waiting for a sunny weekend to enjoy. Other folks daily drive them, toss Burger King wrappers in the backseat and smear their muddy shoes all over the upholstery. Nobody is right. Enjoy it as you see fit. Try and keep it pristine or "polish" the hood with a belt sander. It's not my deal.

With that being said, I agree with what others have mentioned. Look into PDR. I had two dime-sized dents on my passenger door from other negligent drivers in a parking lot. It's an amazing and quick process. Good luck!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote