Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 05-03-2015, 08:46 PM   #29
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
After adjusting the throttle response through the calibration, the owner is selling his throttle controller. Just a hair under 290 RWHP
Attached Images

Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #30
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Very nice! Those are good numbers.

When you adjust the throttle settings and the torque management does it affect the ability to hold the brake down and rev the motor like at the drag strip or doing a burnout? Just asking because my tune limits me on doing that, I cant do a "brake stand" at all. Like if I have my foot hard on the brake, I can put the accelerator to the floor and it won't rev at all just sits at 650-700rpm.. and that's after holding the tc button down and turning all nannies off.

Just wondering what you guys have experienced with that on the lfx's. I've heard it's like a balancing act with all the settings and you can't just take all the torque management out of them. Something about predictive throttle something I can't remember.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #31
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Its in your tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Very nice! Those are good numbers.

When you adjust the throttle settings and the torque management does it affect the ability to hold the brake down and rev the motor like at the drag strip or doing a burnout? Just asking because my tune limits me on doing that, I cant do a "brake stand" at all. Like if I have my foot hard on the brake, I can put the accelerator to the floor and it won't rev at all just sits at 650-700rpm.. and that's after holding the tc button down and turning all nannies off.

Just wondering what you guys have experienced with that on the lfx's. I've heard it's like a balancing act with all the settings and you can't just take all the torque management out of them. Something about predictive throttle something I can't remember.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #32
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Its in your tune
Obviously...

Seems no tuners will tune turbo lfx's remotely.. so I'm kind of stuck where I'm at for now. The throttle issue isn't even an issue on the street only at the track trying to launch. I know GPI was having trouble getting GretchenGotGrowl's throttle to fully open until 40 mph or so on on a hard launch off the tree and don't think they ever really got it fully figured out.

Just thought I would add to the discussion...
Old 05-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #33
JantzenOKC

I guess I killed this thread...
Old 05-28-2015, 09:17 PM   #34
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
In stock tune, is there enough timing advance attempted to make use of higher octane fuel? I've been wondering if it's made to run on 87 but attempts advancing to take advantage of higher octane.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #35
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
In stock tune, is there enough timing advance attempted to make use of higher octane fuel? I've been wondering if it's made to run on 87 but attempts advancing to take advantage of higher octane.
Yes. It will retard about 8-10 degrees on 87 Octane, and untuned it will retard about half that on 93 octane
Old 10-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #36
JantzenOKC

How's the LFX tuning been going...? Been doin many of them? Any FI builds? What's the most power you've seen an LFX make on your dyno?
Old 10-12-2015, 04:37 PM   #37
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
How's the LFX tuning been going...? Been doin many of them? Any FI builds? What's the most power you've seen an LFX make on your dyno?
You'll need to text or call Phil....he isn't on C5 anymore. Theres another thread about it. But he's been doing quite a bit of work. Talked to him just today.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote