Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-11-2019, 08:32 AM   #1
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Let's Go Really Fast!

Happened at 6:30am. Sounds like their last night on Earth was a really good one.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/10/us/po...rnd/index.html

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  117.2 KB
Old 11-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #2
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Sad. Very sad. This is what happens when a "kid" of age 22 is allowed to drive a race car like a Porsche. Unless he stole the keys from his father, it appears some idiot parent allowed him to drive this type of car at that age. Might as well just have given him some poison to drink. I have sons this age, and no way would I ever let them drive my Camaro. Young men at this age feel invincible. Not the case. This mistake now affects so many lives. We can't go back in time and get a "retake." RIP.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
Sad. Very sad. This is what happens when a "kid" of age 22 is allowed to drive a race car like a Porsche. Unless he stole the keys from his father, it appears some idiot parent allowed him to drive this type of car at that age. Might as well just have given him some poison to drink. I have sons this age, and no way would I ever let them drive my Camaro. Young men at this age feel invincible. Not the case. This mistake now affects so many lives. We can't go back in time and get a "retake." RIP.

That was hardly a Race Car ( it was a 4 cylinder Boxster) and I don't believe someone is a "Kid" at 22! He had to right to Vote, Drink & be an Idiot!

He was a Darwin candidate for sure, it's too bad he had to kill someone else with him, destroyed a nice car and probably totalled that building!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #4
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
That was hardly a Race Car ( it was a 4 cylinder Boxster) and I don't believe someone is a "Kid" at 22! He had to right to Vote, Drink & be an Idiot!

He was a Darwin candidate for sure, it's too bad he had to kill someone else with him, destroyed a nice car and probably totalled that building!
You know what I mean. To a 22 year old, a Porsche Boxster can be "seen" as a race car to someone that age. And it's no 4 cylinder family car. Give me a break. That car can move! Any yes, most 22 year old men are still boys growing up when it comes to showing off for their friends. Tell me you didn't do some dumb things at 22 that you look back on today and say "Boy, that was dumb." Have a little compassion. I'm glad he didn't kill a bystander. Those were two "young men" who thought they were invincible. We all were "idiots" at one point in our lives, including you. You and I were just lucky to live through some of our youthful experiences.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:48 PM   #5
1COR.1:18
Whosoever Will

Drives: 2010 1LT Victory Red
Heck most of us still do dumb stuff...LOL
1COR.1:18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #6
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COR.1:18 View Post
Heck most of us still do dumb stuff...LOL
And pretty much every day, even tho I passed 22 45 years ago.

I am however still quite young at heart.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #7
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I am part of the still doing dumb stuff at 43 years past 22. The prognosis is unlikely to change till I am not on the green side of the grass.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #8
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
There's a difference between doing dumb stuff, like parking too close to a curb stone and wrecking your front splitter, and doing really stupid stuff like this, taking your own life and that of another.

Even when I was 22, I knew the difference. Too bad someone else had to get killed along with him. It reminds me of the crash Paul Walker died in.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #9
CamaroFan63
Sullie63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Sad
Oracle clear side markers / LLmar tint sides and rear.
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Member of SICC. Southern Illinois Camaro Club
CamaroFan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #10
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
You know what I mean. To a 22 year old, a Porsche Boxster can be "seen" as a race car to someone that age. And it's no 4 cylinder family car. Give me a break. That car can move! Any yes, most 22 year old men are still boys growing up when it comes to showing off for their friends. Tell me you didn't do some dumb things at 22 that you look back on today and say "Boy, that was dumb." Have a little compassion. I'm glad he didn't kill a bystander. Those were two "young men" who thought they were invincible. We all were "idiots" at one point in our lives, including you. You and I were just lucky to live through some of our youthful experiences.
Damn right I'm lucky to live through the dumb stuff I did and I'm glad that smart phones weren't around to record it!

As a parent & car guy, I sent my son to Skip Barber Driving School ( when I worked there) and the Audi Driving School.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote