Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #29
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
They don't. Your car is worth book value minus damage and mileage.
This. Most sites don't even acknowledge a lot of options exist, like cars.com and carmax. Just try and search, finding a car with NPP. They just don't care.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:23 PM   #30
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfly View Post
That's for the little Brembos, not the $3200 6 pot Brembos with bigger rotors.
Dang those stripes look good on your Camaro. Did you order it like that from the factory or did the dealer install?
Ace01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #31
Vyncynt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (on order)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
Maybe $2-300 for MRC tops, the resale market doesn't care about how special a car is. Camaro and Vette guys will know about MRC, that's about it. Most of us will not want the 6pots and won't pony up for them at all.
My 2015 Impala has MRC. I test drove the regular vs. the MRC equipped and paid the extra because it rode that much better.

"Ahhh! Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!"
- Lyrics from a song from Scooter: "Apache Rock the Bottom!"

Previously owned
1998 BMW 540 w/M-series package
1991 Trans Am GTA
1985 Saab 900 Turbo (Burned leaded fuel on the Autobahn)
1985 Firebird (R.I.P.)
1976 Camaro LT
Vyncynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:00 AM   #32
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
It isn't about a resale value added, it is more about being able to finder a buyer easier. If I were to be looking for a used one, I wouldn't even bother looking at one without MRC for example. If that vehicle didn't have MRC you just lost a potential customer. As for the 6 pistons, keep your stock 4 pistons and when you are selling / trading in... Just swap em and sell the 6 pistons on here or ebay or even offer to sell it to the buyer. You'll get a couple hundred bucks more out of it but that is of course assuming because you never know what the dealership will give you extra for having that 6 piston extra option.
What he said. No MRC is probably the only deal breaker for the average person, especially if they live in a place where it snows and there are potholes in the spring.

I ordered my car with the 6 pistons because I wanted them. I didn't care about resale for these. When I see people walking around my car looking at it, everyone stops and stares at the giant slotted rotors and pistons. Options like this depreciate more than the car, but it's one of those must have's for me (because Maggie).

When it's time to resell, there will be thousands of Camaro SS' out there. Some people won't care if they're buying a carbon copy and some will want one spec'd for performance and practicality.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote