Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #393
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
When you are sitting in the college parking lot waiting for class, and some moron sits across from your parking spot, and keeps revving till 9000 rpms.
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:56 AM   #394
Metal Gear SS

Drives: 1987 Chevrolet Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin_2SS View Post
hmmm I find this thread interesting...I will admit i didnt go through every post on all 15 pages but since I come from the import scene Ill add my 2cents. Ive done it all from swapped out integra's to even owning 2 MKIV supras. and from my experience at the track and on the highway( yes most of us have done it) I hate Ricers as well. Ive tuned and modded all my cars in good taste. But the ricer attitude soils the passion of the tuner. I currently own a ATS powered MR2 that puts down 305hp and 290 lbs of trq. is that rice? well its a 4 banger and its a Toyota, it has 3inch piping exhaust and much more, and its loud. so by some peoples definition it would be, while others would consider it a well executed tuners ride. so again i say its all about attitude.

Oh and one more thing Ive raced many blown maro's and built vettes with my TT supra and I always said if I ever go american Im getting a Chevy. cuz they were the only cars that put the power down. Ford always saw nothing but tail lights. So 2SS/RS here I come
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Well ronin, the whole 'what is rice?' questions has been brought up a few times in this thread. My take on it is this, most ricers are the kids that must think the Fast and Furious movies are some sort of documentary, so while they want cars like those imports they don't have the money to actually get a decent car or turn anything into a performer they do have the money for neon lights, fartcan exhausts, spoilers, body kits, and stickers.

If the performance is stock and its some little NA 4 banger with tasteless visual 'enhancements' its a ricer. If you've made a well performing import that has exterior mods that would actually help it, then thats a tuner.
x2

Domestics and imports alike are capable of putting serious power down to the road, but rice doesn't discriminate between import and domestic, unfortunately.
Metal Gear SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #395
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
The ending makes it worth watching...

patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #396
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
I agree that the import community is not without its share of ricers. but what about the many who believe that the american V-8 is gods gift to engines. there are those who i believe that are no different in "attitude" about muscle than those who are ricers. Ricers think that small displacement motors with cai and exhaust are enough to blow the doors off a vette. then there are those who think an american V-8 car is king of everything. the attitudes between the two are so similiar yet they are on both ends of the spectrum. Not being able to admire what either side brings to the driving world is ignorant, narrow minded and border line racial bigotry IMO.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #397
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
beaners???
I know, that is wrong...
but you have to love Carlos Mencia!
lmao
rice and beans
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #398
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I like a little rice with my meat.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #399
Killer Bee

Drives: 2SS/RS, IOM/IOM Interior, SR
If you go to change your oil at night, and there is already a neon light illuminating your pan...you might me a ricer.

If mash the accelerator of your car at the light and it sounds like your car is farting...you might be a ricer.

If you think that a bass guitar sounds like a rattling spoiler...you might be a ricer.

If the graphics on your car look like the Las Vegas Strip...you might be a ricer.

If you've got $40k to spend on a car and you buy a Camaro...you might be a redneck. Oops! How'd that one get in there.

2SS/RS, IOM/IOM, LS3, Sunroof, Carbon Fiber Hood & Rear Spoiler,
Ram Air, Electric Cutouts & Megan Fox in the Passenger Seat

9/10/09: Delivered!
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #400
zweb620
Account Suspended

Drives: Don't have one yet.
Dude I hate when They go by alll baaaaaaaaaaaaaaam baaaaaaaaaam baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam. its so annoying
zweb620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #401
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
If the graphics on your car look like the Las Vegas Strip...you might be a ricer.
like the camaro in your sig LOL.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #402
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post

Old 09-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #403
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Quote:
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #404
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
One of my favorite ricer vids

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...ent_173653.htm
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #405
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
its not ricey dragons or other things its just Stripes and Lines. nothing rice about it
Old 09-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #406
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Yeah the camaro in the sig looks pretty sweet.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote