Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
Damn FL where is everyone at???? Check in...

Who is still active in this Florida Section? its been way too quiet lately.
Need to set something up to host a shit ton of Camaro's to show off our sexy rides.

Check in

Rotofab Intake, Borla 60606 Midpipes, Corsa Extreme Axleback
RedDragonSS2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:52 AM   #2
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
I’m still here! But you’re right, it’s been too quiet around here lately! When I was on Camaro5, there was talk of someone setting up a “Sunshine State Camaro Rally”. But I think the idea must have died out! Supposedly, they had one or two of these events in the Orlando area a few years back. From what I heard, the first one was really good, and the second one was somewhat of a failure. I sure wish someone would set something like this up again! I’d be all for it!!! I know CF8 is coming up, but I don’t think I’m going this year. I went last year, and it was fun and all, but the 11-hour drive there and back just kinda ruined it for me! I sure wish there was something more local.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:06 AM   #3
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS2.0 View Post
Who is still active in this Florida Section? its been way too quiet lately.
Need to set something up to host a shit ton of Camaro's to show off our sexy rides.

Check in
Waiting on your ass so we can get the show on the road, my car is getting tired of sitting in the garage watching my Traverse get all of the action.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:11 AM   #4
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Actually SSCR 1 and SSCR 2 were kick ass, SSCR 3 well flat do to early participation.

The 1st Rally was really good, but 2 was 10 fold even better than the 1st.

We had hopes for SSCR 3 but when it came down to pricing at the hotel the majority of folks balked at the price (it was Disney so it was not cheap) and I would have been on the hook for over $20k in rooms alone. So I opted to have over my registrations to another show the same weekend with the Cruising Orlando Folks who had locked in rates and could use our registrations to help them.

I know Adrian and myself would love to get an Official SSCR 3 back and even stronger, the issue is the lack of participation and with out folks willing to shell out cash to stay at the hotel I am not willing to go into debt for the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I’m still here! But you’re right, it’s been too quiet around here lately! When I was on Camaro5, there was talk of someone setting up a “Sunshine State Camaro Rally”. But I think the idea must have died out! Supposedly, they had one or two of these events in the Orlando area a few years back. From what I heard, the first one was really good, and the second one was somewhat of a failure. I sure wish someone would set something like this up again! I’d be all for it!!! I know CF8 is coming up, but I don’t think I’m going this year. I went last year, and it was fun and all, but the 11-hour drive there and back just kinda ruined it for me! I sure wish there was something more local.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:28 AM   #5
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Actually SSCR 1 and SSCR 2 were kick ass, SSCR 3 well flat do to early participation.

The 1st Rally was really good, but 2 was 10 fold even better than the 1st.

We had hopes for SSCR 3 but when it came down to pricing at the hotel the majority of folks balked at the price (it was Disney so it was not cheap) and I would have been on the hook for over $20k in rooms alone. So I opted to have over my registrations to another show the same weekend with the Cruising Orlando Folks who had locked in rates and could use our registrations to help them.

I know Adrian and myself would love to get an Official SSCR 3 back and even stronger, the issue is the lack of participation and with out folks willing to shell out cash to stay at the hotel I am not willing to go into debt for the show.
Wow, thanks for clarifying the whole SSCR situation! I completely understand your predicament with the last attempt at SSCR 3. But don’t give up hope!!! Please do whatever y’all can to set-up another event somewhere in Florida!!! You can count on my participation!!! Maybe set up a poll to get an idea of how many people would be interested.
And yes, you’re right, anything associated with Disney is going to be too expensive for some folks. Although, I gotta say, when I ended up at what I thought was going to be the last SSCR, I did get a discounted overnight stay at the Disney Resort Hotel (the one with the big fish on top of it!!!). It was still something like $140/night, but it was a fabulous hotel, especially the pool area!!! It was awesome, my kids and Wife loved it! I sat out at the car show, and they were poolside! We’d do it again in a heartbeat! But yes, sadly, the Camaro participation in that car show was severely lacking!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:51 AM   #6
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Wow, thanks for clarifying the whole SSCR situation! I completely understand your predicament with the last attempt at SSCR 3. But don’t give up hope!!! Please do whatever y’all can to set-up another event somewhere in Florida!!! You can count on my participation!!! Maybe set up a poll to get an idea of how many people would be interested.
And yes, you’re right, anything associated with Disney is going to be too expensive for some folks. Although, I gotta say, when I ended up at what I thought was going to be the last SSCR, I did get a discounted overnight stay at the Disney Resort Hotel (the one with the big fish on top of it!!!). It was still something like $140/night, but it was a fabulous hotel, especially the pool area!!! It was awesome, my kids and Wife loved it! I sat out at the car show, and they were poolside! We’d do it again in a heartbeat! But yes, sadly, the Camaro participation in that car show was severely lacking!
Yea no worries I am all for another show I miss them, we have one coming up March 1-3 the 26th Ecklers Winter nationals over @ Westgate lakes Resort off Turkey lake Rd (Home of the 1st SSCR).

I have been part of this show since 1996 it's a great show, I will be putting my car in the 1000pt judging.

But Adrian and I want to do another SSCR soon it's was a fun show.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #7
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Yea no worries I am all for another show I miss them, we have one coming up March 1-3 the 26th Ecklers Winter nationals over @ Westgate lakes Resort off Turkey lake Rd (Home of the 1st SSCR).

I have been part of this show since 1996 it's a great show, I will be putting my car in the 1000pt judging.

But Adrian and I want to do another SSCR soon it's was a fun show.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2018, 07:11 AM   #8
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Yo Adrian
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2018, 04:11 PM   #9
RedDragonSS2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus HUMP DAY!!!!!

Miss all you Aholes this section has been dead. I went to a corvettes and coffee show and they had 178 cars come out, I know we can top that easily just need to get organized.

Before it was only the forums now its instagram and Fb so hard to get all you peckerheads in one location lol.

Going to dedicate an instagram page to hot women to keep your attention and post car show events every now and then lol

Old 02-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #10
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS2.0 View Post
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus HUMP DAY!!!!!

Miss all you Aholes this section has been dead. I went to a corvettes and coffee show and they had 178 cars come out, I know we can top that easily just need to get organized.

Before it was only the forums now its instagram and Fb so hard to get all you peckerheads in one location lol.

Going to dedicate an instagram page to hot women to keep your attention and post car show events every now and then lol
Hump Day's all yours my friend.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:46 PM   #11
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Still lurking... hoping for some refresh news in March in NY before I rejoin the fray.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:51 PM   #12
urirx98

Drives: 2016 Bumble Bee Yellow 2SS
Anybody heading up to Cars and Coffee at the WPB outlets this sunday???
Old 02-07-2018, 10:08 PM   #13
RedDragonSS2.0

I wish going to be out of town for this months event hopefully will be there for March.

Have fun

Old 02-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #14
Krowser

Drives: ZL1 Mosaic Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by urirx98 View Post
Anybody heading up to Cars and Coffee at the WPB outlets this sunday???
Yup! Check the South Florida Events, last time we had over 20 Camaros
Krowser is offline   Reply With Quote