Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-24-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
Arkangel-77

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
New Brakes (powerstop) Squeal after it Rains???

So I just installed new Pads and Rotors all the way around my 2010 SS. I purchased Power Stop Z26 Extreme Performance Pads. They are great unless the car gets wet while its parked. If it rains or dew gets on the car over night. The 1st few times you apply the brakes they Squeal there butts off!!! After you stop once or twice it goes away. My Previous car was a Mazda and after I did a brake job on it - it did the same thing but way worse... Only way I was able to fix it was some new Brakes pads from AutoZone (ceramix Pads). Having Just Purchased expensive power stop pads I would rather not replace them with autozone pads, But I hate the squeal. Anyone have any Idea on how I can try to fix this issue? Thanks In Advance, Cory C
Old 08-24-2018, 08:30 PM   #2
Bandit63

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Probably surface rust on rotors from rain water. After you stop a few times the rust is gone.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:06 PM   #3
Arkangel-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit63 View Post
Probably surface rust on rotors from rain water. After you stop a few times the rust is gone.

I understand where u coming from - But there is ZERO rust
Old 08-25-2018, 06:39 PM   #4
Arkangel-77

Anyone - seen this B4 or am I the only one? I can add that they are slotted and drilled Rotors. ALSO - it seems worse when I am backing out of the driveway... I really hopping someone can help
Old 08-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #5
Arkangel-77

well Just a little update, not sure if anyone is interested. They seem to be getting worse. I called Powerstop this morning and they were very helpful, said I should not be having any problems with these pads... After we talked for a little bit they decided to send me a New set of pads to replace these noisy ones. Lets hope it was just a bad set or something. The Powerstop people were great though. Very Helpful!
Old 08-29-2018, 03:07 PM   #6
Urbanizer

Drives: 2010 SS
Not to spook you but I had bad luck with my powerstop setup. Rotors warped after a year and now I'm replacing them with R1 concepts.
Urbanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:25 PM   #7
Arkangel-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanizer View Post
Not to spook you but I had bad luck with my powerstop setup. Rotors warped after a year and now I'm replacing them with R1 concepts.

I am already spooked! We will see how it goes. She was suppose to send me an email confirming the shipment and that never happened? now We will see if the Pads show up or not?
Old 08-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #8
chevyracingfan

Drives: 2018 camaro ls 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangel-77 View Post
So I just installed new Pads and Rotors all the way around my 2010 SS. I purchased Power Stop Z26 Extreme Performance Pads. They are great unless the car gets wet while its parked. If it rains or dew gets on the car over night. The 1st few times you apply the brakes they Squeal there butts off!!! After you stop once or twice it goes away. My Previous car was a Mazda and after I did a brake job on it - it did the same thing but way worse... Only way I was able to fix it was some new Brakes pads from AutoZone (ceramix Pads). Having Just Purchased expensive power stop pads I would rather not replace them with autozone pads, But I hate the squeal. Anyone have any Idea on how I can try to fix this issue? Thanks In Advance, Cory C
I have same set up does same thing. even with the replacement pads.
chevyracingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #9
Arkangel-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyracingfan View Post
I have same set up does same thing. even with the replacement pads.

Sounds Like I need to source some different pads then I guess...
Old 08-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #10
Arkangel-77

Bin doing a bunch of reading and watching video's. Two things that seem to be possible fixes are new pads and several people recommend Hawk Ceramic. Another thing I have seen is some claim there is a need to LUBE the Pins & edges of the pads with Copper Anti seize? I used some Brake grease on the pins but did not do anything to the edges on the pads...??? This is Frustrating lol
Old 12-31-2018, 10:24 AM   #11
Arkangel-77

well to finish up this deal. I actually got a replacement set of pads from Power-stop and did everything I could think of, scrubbed all hardware clean, got some copper never seize and carefully applied it to the recommended places. At the end of the day there were squealing again a few weeks after they were installed. I eventually decided to try a different pad all together. So I ordered some Centric Parts 105.10010 - Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic Brake Pads from Summit racing. These new pads are 99% quiet... I do get an low squeak every now and then when I 1st leave but its so much better its not even funny. Its really only rarely they make noise. Its great to not be embarrassed when I am backing out of a parking spot now! =) if I are having problems you might want to give these Centric pads a try