Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #29
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Hmmm, always the easiest things first IMHO.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:19 AM   #30
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Hmmm, always the easiest things first IMHO.
Yea i would have too, but my dealer is doing everything so i just have to sit back and get mad at them lol
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:21 AM   #31
bballr4567

That banner is for you.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #32
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Quote:

That banner is for you.
Yea i know, but they are good people. Plus the guy is mod friendly. I think the task is to much for them to handle and to new of a car for them to know anything lol.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:11 AM   #33
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedCrank View Post

Unlikely that the ecm is faulty, much less three of them in a row. Probably something else, might take it to a different dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAF View Post
No offense but you definably need to find a different dealer with real Techs they don't know what they are doing fins a local dealer with a known Master diagnostic Tech who knows and can work with Tech support and you would see the difference. Have faith there are some real tech out there.
Quote:

That banner is for you.
Why is it that when someone has a problem and the dealer isn't able to fix it right away, the dealer is an idiot? How many of you were in the shop when the tech pulled the code? I'm betting none, zero. When you are dealing with electronics, most automotive techs are only trained to do what the diagnostic computer tells them to do. If the problem persitsts, they are automaticly idiots? Are you that fu**ing perfect at your job that you never have to scratch your head or your balls, or maybe both at the same time? Pull your heads out and give people a chance instead of just wanting to come on here and bash someone when you are possibly the one someone should be pointing the idiot sign at.

And while I am on a rant, i've got a message for you too VASH. You question the OP as though he and the dyno tech are idiots. What gives you the right to talk down to people the way you do on this forum. I see you doing it on many of the threads without ever having anything constructive to add to the thread. WTF?? If I were a Moderator on here I would have given you your last warning for criticizing members a long time ago. Thread after thread after thread you belittle members as though they know nothing. Damn man, try being constructive instead of destructive once.

A lot of people are waiting for their cars and are pissed that they don't have it yet. I am one of those people. I am not on this rant at the moment because of that. I ordered Oct 13 like many others did and I am waiting for mine to emerge form Area 51 just like many others are. But you don't see me on here belittling dealers and members because I think i'm smarter than they are or I could do their job better than they have done their's. That is not what this forum is about. I seriously doubt this site was started with people slapping others from behind the way i've been seeing lately.

If you want to bash others, call them idiots, or tell them how full of sh** they are, start your own thread asking people to come get criticized, put down or humiliated or slapped around. See how long the thread lasts.

Sorry Mods, had to get that out.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:49 AM   #34
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
ummmm.
I really didn't see anything wrong with any of Vash's comments.

gotpball, If you don't mind me asking. What dealership did you order from?
Old 06-05-2009, 04:48 AM   #35
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Why is it that when someone has a problem and the dealer isn't able to fix it right away, the dealer is an idiot? How many of you were in the shop when the tech pulled the code? I'm betting none, zero. When you are dealing with electronics, most automotive techs are only trained to do what the diagnostic computer tells them to do. If the problem persitsts, they are automaticly idiots? Are you that fu**ing perfect at your job that you never have to scratch your head or your balls, or maybe both at the same time? Pull your heads out and give people a chance instead of just wanting to come on here and bash someone when you are possibly the one someone should be pointing the idiot sign at.

And while I am on a rant, i've got a message for you too VASH. You question the OP as though he and the dyno tech are idiots. What gives you the right to talk down to people the way you do on this forum. I see you doing it on many of the threads without ever having anything constructive to add to the thread. WTF?? If I were a Moderator on here I would have given you your last warning for criticizing members a long time ago. Thread after thread after thread you belittle members as though they know nothing. Damn man, try being constructive instead of destructive once.

A lot of people are waiting for their cars and are pissed that they don't have it yet. I am one of those people. I am not on this rant at the moment because of that. I ordered Oct 13 like many others did and I am waiting for mine to emerge form Area 51 just like many others are. But you don't see me on here belittling dealers and members because I think i'm smarter than they are or I could do their job better than they have done their's. That is not what this forum is about. I seriously doubt this site was started with people slapping others from behind the way i've been seeing lately.

If you want to bash others, call them idiots, or tell them how full of sh** they are, start your own thread asking people to come get criticized, put down or humiliated or slapped around. See how long the thread lasts.

Sorry Mods, had to get that out.

WTF??? I don't know VASH but, his comments on this thread seemed friendly to me.
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:12 AM   #36
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
When i replace IC's in D.T.R.U's about 10 out of 100 are bad straight out of the package.It's the nature of electronics.If you want to blame someone, blame the MFG of the chip itself .

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #37
bballr4567

I wasnt calling the OP an idiot. Calling the dealer one.

If the ECM says to replace its self and you are getting 100 HP less then something is going on. You do it ONE time and it says to replace it again. At that point you start trouble shooting EVERYTHING. Hell, the Tech II could be screwed up.

If the car is pulling 15 degrees of timing at WOT, what do you think is wrong? ONLY time a car will pull that serious of timing is if it is detecting knock retard. Sorry, that is a WAY easier fix than trying to change out the ECM 3 times and just sitting back and waiting. They even probably have some KR sensors on the parts shelf.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #38
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Hope they figure out whats wrong with it and get you on the road soon
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #39
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
My car is a 1SS vin#5363 manual 6speed
How long after you took delivery did the check engine light come on?

I also have a 1SS M6 and my VIN is pretty close to yours, 5323.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #40
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
How long after you took delivery did the check engine light come on?

I also have a 1SS M6 and my VIN is pretty close to yours, 5323.
Umm, i wanna say around the 400 mile mark is the first time i saw the light just cruising around, then brought to dealership and they cleared the code saying come back when it comes on, then again on the dyno. So i brought it back. Now i am at 1080 miles

Quote:
I wasnt calling the OP an idiot. Calling the dealer one.

If the ECM says to replace its self and you are getting 100 HP less then something is going on. You do it ONE time and it says to replace it again. At that point you start trouble shooting EVERYTHING. Hell, the Tech II could be screwed up.

If the car is pulling 15 degrees of timing at WOT, what do you think is wrong? ONLY time a car will pull that serious of timing is if it is detecting knock retard. Sorry, that is a WAY easier fix than trying to change out the ECM 3 times and just sitting back and waiting. They even probably have some KR sensors on the parts shelf.
Well each time they change out the computer it says something different, my original computer had the knock thing, then the second computer would not upload the new shit, then the third one has ram codes, but no knock sensor codes. I think the dealership is having trouble trying to reprogram the new computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
ummmm.
I really didn't see anything wrong with any of Vash's comments.

gotpball, If you don't mind me asking. What dealership did you order from?
I ordered from Nichloas Chevrolet in Garden Grove, They are really cool people, except for this problem.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #41
BlackXIV
FINALLY got my CHL!!!!!!

Drives: 03 Avalanche 09 R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
The code is saying its a faulty ECM (please replace), we hooked up on the reader and thats what it says on mine and at the dealers, they ordered different computers and they cant get it reprogrammed. They are having trouble. When they put the new computer in they are getting a ram code. Its not frying the computer.

My car is a 1SS vin#5363 manual 6speed
What are the DTCs displayed?
BlackXIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #42
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Well just because it says check engine does not mean it's the ecm. That means an error code has been generated. You can pull the codes with ODBII reader.

At some point there will probably be a list here of the codes. Whoever has service manual hint hint.

If 2 ecm's fry then there could be a short somewhere else in the harness or main cables or a junction defect.
Sorry, this is what i was refering to. The simple implication that that the tech doesn't know what the code is or what his options are. Sorry, maybe Vash is a GM tech himself, I don't know him either. I just see him on so many threads trying to be "the one with the answer". Maybe he's a genious. Can't help it, i'm an inspector by trade and can't help but notice trends. That and it's just bugging me lately with all the negativity on the board.