Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-08-2009, 07:38 AM   #57
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Just saw one booking it on I-94 toward Kalamazoo. I don't think I'll need coffee this morning. Talk about some "spirited antisocial" driving. ;D

Unfortunately I DID NOT have my camera with me.. =_=
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #58
jspeak32

Drives: Silverado
I'm having major 2nd thoughts about my choice of SIM...thinking of switching to IOM...
please, someone help with my decision!

Simply put, is SIM too bland for a car such as this?
Old 04-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #59
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeak32 View Post
I'm having major 2nd thoughts about my choice of SIM...thinking of switching to IOM...
please, someone help with my decision!

Simply put, is SIM too bland for a car such as this?
I was in the same exact dilemma on Friday, (I may have the chance to get an IOM 2 months earlier), until I went to the NY Auto show and saw them Side by Side.......DON'T DO IT. The Orange is too RED looking and both colors do not show the body line on this car like the Silver. I am going back to the show on Wednesday and I will take pictures and show you side by side so you can see what I see. It is a no brainer.........SILVER BULLET BABY!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #60
WMCC GETGONE
ObseSSed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS, 1985 IROC Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to WMCC GETGONE
The orange looks somewhat red inside under artificial light. You need to see it outside in the bright sunlight to see how it really looks. We're getting an IOM vert when they come out. I definitely like silver and would take that as well in the coupe.

2002 Camaro SS T Top Black M6 SLP 345HP SLP #8542
1985 Camaro IROC Z28 T Top Silver 305TPI Auto
2000 Camaro "RS" T Top Mystic Teal V6 Auto Daily Driver
WMCC GETGONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #61
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMCC GETGONE View Post
The orange looks somewhat red inside under artificial light. You need to see it outside in the bright sunlight to see how it really looks. We're getting an IOM vert when they come out. I definitely like silver and would take that as well in the coupe.
Now that I have seen the Camaro Orange I can confirm it is the exact same as the Pontiac Solstice, It is a funny color and looks red in shadow. I belong to 3 SKY/SOLSTICE clubs and see the color all the time. Only where the Sun hits it direct does it have a nice Metallic Orange look, I just wish it could maintain that look throughout. It is OK, but the Silver POPS and the Body lines show more..no doubt. The Orange is nice, just not for me.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #62
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
From atlanta show a couple weeks ago.
SIM with Gray inside is not working for me!
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #63
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
SIM with Gray inside is not working for me!
I agree, too much midtone!
Old 04-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #64
jspeak32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
I was in the same exact dilemma on Friday, (I may have the chance to get an IOM 2 months earlier), until I went to the NY Auto show and saw them Side by Side.......DON'T DO IT. The Orange is too RED looking and both colors do not show the body line on this car like the Silver. I am going back to the show on Wednesday and I will take pictures and show you side by side so you can see what I see. It is a no brainer.........SILVER BULLET BABY!
Please do, thanks!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #65
jspeak32

I'm on the fence guys between the silver and orange still...
A couple of months ago I saw the SIM on the malibu and it just looked dull. Of course it was dusty, and a cloudy day. It had those factors against it. I'll have to see it in sunlight before I am fully confident to keep my color SIM.
Have any of you seen the color on a cloudy day? Do you agree with what I said about it being dull in appearance?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #66
rex113

Drives: 2010 2ss silver/cyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeak32 View Post
I'm on the fence guys between the silver and orange still...
A couple of months ago I saw the SIM on the malibu and it just looked dull. Of course it was dusty, and a cloudy day. It had those factors against it. I'll have to see it in sunlight before I am fully confident to keep my color SIM.
Have any of you seen the color on a cloudy day? Do you agree with what I said about it being dull in appearance?
I have seen many pictures of SIM in the shade and never has it apeared dull to me. I was undecided myself about getting silver. Today I went to the NY autoshow and saw the SIM in person it looked fantastic and I am now very comfortable with my choice. My order gets pulled next week.
rex113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #67
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
ok guys....i just went to the auto show today and lemme tell you that the SIM is freakin rediculous!!! i orignally ordered sim but then changed to abm cuz i thought that the silver was gonna look too bland and not be metallic enough...also becuase there are TONS of silver cars already out there on the road...so now i dont know if i should go back to sim because man....the silver looks REALLY REALLY good!!!!!!!!!! you have to see it in person...read my earlier post in this thread and ull see i wasnt a believer, but now i believe!!!! if i dont go back to silver its solely because silver is way to popular...i was in awe staring at the sim camaro and not because the camaro looks 10x better in person...i was just staring at the sim poppin like crazy...specificaly staring at the cut over the back wheels next to the rear view window...the shoulders as some call them...i took some pics and ill post them tomorrow cuz my girlfriend is waiting for me to watch a movie...man i cant stress it enough how nice sim looks on this car!

o and yea the orange....blahhhh i didnt care for it too much...nor the victory red
but in all seriousness, i think it was solely because the sim took my breath away!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #68
NightmareSS

one more thing.....i think the camaro itself looked alot better as a car in the sim then the orange and red...seemed almost like a different car! but then again the sim was an ss/rs and the red and orange werent...
Old 04-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #69
NightmareSS

ok im too lazy to copy and paste all the img codes again so heres the link of my auto show pic thread...enjoy!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19127
Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #70
KnightRider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
what I noticed about SIM is that it looks absolutely AMAZING under artificial light, which makes every lines and angles pop like no other color can. But under sunlight the effects is less dramatic.
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
silver camaro, silver ice metallic, silver ice metallic camaro, sim camaro