Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-30-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Carbon Fiber/Leather steering wheel from DSV

Well here's some up close and personal pictures of my DSV steering wheel. As some of you know, I was selling some ACE steering wheels for a promotion for Camaro5Fest. ACE changed the deal on me after lying about my wheel being made, so I decided to cut my losses. INDpower asked how he could help and I ended up ordering a wheel through DSV instead. I'm glad I was screwed over because now I have not only a better made steering wheel, but I have a carbon fiber accent as well.

Thanks for Jon and Gerardo from DSV for helping my spice up my interior a little bit. Jon's service was A+ and he was very prompt with returning the few calls I made if he wasn't able to pick up. I'm hoping to have enough money to afford some more goodies from DSV at a later date.

It's really true, you get what you pay for. The leather on this wheel is top notch. I can see why they charge a premium for their products. Well worth it!
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2011, 05:43 AM   #2
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
nicely done
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Very shiny. I tried looking at this thread on the iPhone and lets just say that didn't happen.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Did they change the thickness/profile any, or did they just re-cover a stock wheel? I would love one of those, but the stock rim profile is really messed up. I would like the cross section to be round, instead of the weird flattened oval shape.
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXIIIDave View Post
Did they change the thickness/profile any, or did they just re-cover a stock wheel? I would love one of those, but the stock rim profile is really messed up. I would like the cross section to be round, instead of the weird flattened oval shape.
Thanks for the kind words J and it looks awesome in your car.

We did not change the profile. The steering wheel has a wire frame and we do not like to modify that to much for accident purposes. We do offer a flat bottom with thicker sides.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
how did you get the SS on there? it's not there in one picture, then it is in the next.

very nice looking wheel. matches your car perfectly!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
how did you get the SS on there? it's not there in one picture, then it is in the next.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
cool what you doing with your stock leather wheel
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #9
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Humna humna!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #10
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
ah man i cant believe im in those shots jk i have to say it was by far very well made, didnt have to transfer as mush from one wheel to the other, actually left the landing panel for the SS. i love that wheel. mine looks ok and feels nice but the DSV is on another level and i wish i had gone with you guys instead of ace buy me a dsv wheel josh!
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
ElManny

Quote:

the notch is still there for the SS. he just had to poke a hole and push it in. not sure if hes gonna have to dab a little glue on it
Old 06-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #12
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
ah man i cant believe im in those shots jk i have to say it was by far very well made, didnt have to transfer as mush from one wheel to the other, actually left the landing panel for the SS. i love that wheel. mine looks ok and feels nice but the DSV is on another level and i wish i had gone with you guys instead of ace buy me a dsv wheel josh!
I am glad you got to see our product first hand. A lot of people have a hard time understanding the quality we offer and I am glad you had the chance to see it. We offer a lot of other items other than the wheel for your car.

Thanks for helping him install it, it looks great in his car.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #13
ElManny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
I am glad you got to see our product first hand. A lot of people have a hard time understanding the quality we offer and I am glad you had the chance to see it. We offer a lot of other items other than the wheel for your car.

Thanks for helping him install it, it looks great in his car.
haha oh i know it thats why ill be in contact soon for parts of my own. for sure i need a ebrake handle cause the one they sent was crap just ask jay. lol all this talk of carbon fiber consoles i might have to get me one too
Old 06-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXIIIDave View Post
It feels like the wheel is stock, just with different materials. The leather might add 1-2 mils but I don't feel any difference.

Quote:

I had to use a steak knife and just made a small incision and pushed the pin back in. It's not 100% set in there, but it's in there enough. I'll be getting some glue and using a clamp or something to get it to fit like it did on the factory wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberLS View Post
cool what you doing with your stock leather wheel
Sending it back to DSV.