Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Two warnings re: poor roads in MA

1) I saw another Camaro, an IBM LT RS convertible on this same road at the same time as me about an hour ago. Hopefully my friend, you didn't have the same experience as me and you got off the highway before this happened

WARNING FOR MA DRIVERS: RTE 128 South near Dedham and Needham. They have stripped the road surface in the area near the jail, approximately Great Plain Ave exit. Gravel and bits of junk are liberally covering the roadway. Approximately 1/4 mile of 128 is a chip-factory. I just drove through it and now have several nice pits right in front of my face in my windshield. I was able to watch the gravel flying off the car, and from the amount of hits I could hear on the body, I have many chips in my doors and rear quarters now. Avoid this piece of road until it is cleaned up.

2) Fair warning to whoever OK'd the practice of leaving gravel and debris from stripping road surfaces on the roads until traffic clears it away: do not let me find out who you are.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
It's called Chipseal here in Ca. it's a cheap way to repave a road. it depends on traffic to grind the gravel into a layer of tar below. Your local government is the source of approval for this nonsense.
I ride a MC and you can imagine the trouble I have riding on this stuff. Recently a person was killed after loosing control on the chip.
If I see it, i turn and find another road.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipseal
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
swiftdog01

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS
That sucks, donkey d**k :(

Thanks for the warning. Will avoid that stretch of road!
swiftdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
Thanks for the headsup.
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
A more general heads up, driving in Mass sucks anyway because of the Mass Pike and terrible drivers....
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
swiftdog01

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
A more general heads up, driving in Mass sucks anyway because of the Mass Pike and terrible drivers....
Hey, not everyone in MA drives like a Ma**hole!

It's only like 90%

It's not our fault that out of staters are timid and freak out when they see rotaries or can't deal with people zooming in and out of bumper to bumper traffic. If you can't deal with it, detour around the state!

I kid, of course. Sorta, kinda.......

The mass pike does suck though!
swiftdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Thanks for the tip. That advice and five bucks will buy me a beer at any bar
Old 08-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdog01 View Post
That sucks, donkey d**k :(

Thanks for the warning. Will avoid that stretch of road!

Oh and Paul, that road down near my Mom and Dad's that had gravel in the holes they put in the pavement last month?

Yeah. They removed the road entirely. It's hardpack dirt and rocks now. Avoid that if you head to Dedham
Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Hey, not everyone in MA drives like a Ma**hole!

It's only like 90%

It's not our fault that out of staters are timid and freak out when they see rotaries or can't deal with people zooming in and out of bumper to bumper traffic. If you can't deal with it, detour around the state!

I kid, of course. Sorta, kinda.......

The mass pike does suck though!
Haha as a young 17 year old driving through Boston was when/where I learned that blinkers are optional and overrated. I think that experience has scarred me. I'm good with rotaries though - all they take is a little common sense.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #10
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
I don't see how this chipseal crap is legal and approved by the gov. Couldn't a piece go chip someone's windshield and cause an accident?

Quote:
so true. I learned to drive in MA. I know how to handle a rotary and I scream so much down here because nobody understands how to deal with even the small ones down here. People stop at the entrance when nobody is coming or they go when people are coming

EDIT: forgot to mention I deal with the rotary retards daily because there is 2 outside my work :(
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote