Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-28-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Not impressed with this call.

Well I guess aside from some curb rash this would be my worst Camaro experience so far.

Now I am expecting my ground effects any day as they are being painted through my dealership.

Get a message from home that the dealership called. While I was in the dentist. (Don't care for being at the dentist) so I was relieved under the assumption that my ground effects were ready and it was time to make an appointment to put them on.

INSTEAD....

I was told that despite having dealt with all expenses and paying the full amount upfront to cover my car insurance etc and everything...

Nearly 3 months later.... They call me to tell me that their business manager who did all the math/paper work with me... Somehow made a calculation error and collected the wrong amount from me for my Car.

Ok..... ? And how much is this ?

"Well, it is a substantial amount actually, and you owe us a little over $3,500 and it would be great if you could come in tomorrow and pay that to us."

GREAAAAttt...

So I owe even more money, and am going to be left with 3,500 dollars less than what I thought I had in the bank and have been managing my spending and living expenses in accordane with what I had remaining... So this throws off everything by 3.5 grand. Which isn't tiny... How do you overlook that for 2 and a half months?

My question.

I don't mean to sound dishonest, and quite frankly I don't think I am since we agree'd on the numbers, everything was signed and paid in full and I got no discount off my purchase since they refused to negotiate. I paid sticker + all the other stuff. Both parties signed off on everything that was done. To my knoweldge that seals the deal.

How liable am I for this claimed amount almost 3 months later?

Everything was signed and dealt with the amount was agree'd on and signed... is that not a done deal?? can they really just out of the blue 3 months later say , hey actually we were supposed to charge you this amount.? Pay up now thanks.

I just got home so I haven't had time to do the math and see where this number is coming from or how they managed that "mistake".
Nor do I think that the inconvenience they are causing me if I do agree to pay up should go without any compensation.

Anyways... as per the title of this post... Not impressed with this call.

FML.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
daniel@txangl.com

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS,09 G8 GXP,00 TA
If the paperwork is signed and you have possesion of the car, I would tell them to go pound sand.
daniel@txangl.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:36 AM   #3
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i dad is a contractor, and he says if it is signed usually you cant change the price, but he is a government contractor so the contracts might be a little more strict... i would think if they made a mistake they would have to redo the signed papers and you would have to agreed to the new terms ( new price) that is if you have already sign with the old price.....
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:45 AM   #4
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
If you have signed paperwork you should have plenty of legal leverage.

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 11-28-2009 at 03:12 AM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:47 AM   #5
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
I'm not making payments on anything I paid in full on pickup date.

Definately have all the papers signed.

The ground effects are paid for in full and on the receipt... They are just painting them.. (the paint I haven't paid for yet and obviously would be paying for upon pickup.)
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:53 AM   #6
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
I would be careful what you say to them. It sounds like you are not required to call them regarding anything and that the deal was completed. i would wait and see how desperate they become to force you to pay them that extra amount.

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 11-28-2009 at 03:12 AM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:12 AM   #7
YenkoSC

Drives: 1967 Camaro RS/SS, 1969 Camaro
Tell them to go shove their $3500 miscalculation up their ass.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:16 AM   #8
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
I'd check the fine print on all the signed papers. Somehow the dealership usually wins these arguments.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:30 AM   #9
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
It would depend on the error.

If the $3,500 is in the contract but wasn't included in the total they may have you.
If it not in the contract, they are out of luck,

Either way I would fight it, contact the BBB.
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #10
zerolm

Drives: Ford F-350/ 2SS/RS M6
I you have a signed contract, and the car was delivered yesterday (much less 3 months ago) don't pay it. Whatever you do, do not hand them your copies of paperwork, remember they have their own. Sounds as if they are just looking for more money and "fishing". I know it sounds crazy, but dealers have done this to people in the past.
If you payed MSRP plus tax, etc and paid extra for the ground effects, there is no way you should owe them more. If it comes down to it, it may be worth contacting an attorney and paying them a little money to review your contract and inform you of your standing. Good luck...
zerolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #11
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
heck your paperwork to be sure there are no "hidden clauses" but if not, the deal is closed, see a lawyer if they keep hasseling you.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #12
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Did they say what the extra $3500 if for? I would think once the deal is done, money paid and all paperwork signed, that if they make a mistake (esp 3 months later, that seems awfully odd), it's their loss. But I don't know how these things end up, legally.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #13
PUNKIN
WE KRUZ

Drives: MARGARET CRAZZY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Well I guess aside from some curb rash this would be my worst Camaro experience so far.

Now I am expecting my ground effects any day as they are being painted through my dealership.

Get a message from home that the dealership called. While I was in the dentist. (Don't care for being at the dentist) so I was relieved under the assumption that my ground effects were ready and it was time to make an appointment to put them on.

INSTEAD....

I was told that despite having dealt with all expenses and paying the full amount upfront to cover my car insurance etc and everything...

Nearly 3 months later.... They call me to tell me that their business manager who did all the math/paper work with me... Somehow made a calculation error and collected the wrong amount from me for my Car.

Ok..... ? And how much is this ?

"Well, it is a substantial amount actually, and you owe us a little over $3,500 and it would be great if you could come in tomorrow and pay that to us."

GREAAAAttt...

So I owe even more money, and am going to be left with 3,500 dollars less than what I thought I had in the bank and have been managing my spending and living expenses in accordane with what I had remaining... So this throws off everything by 3.5 grand. Which isn't tiny... How do you overlook that for 2 and a half months?

My question.

I don't mean to sound dishonest, and quite frankly I don't think I am since we agree'd on the numbers, everything was signed and paid in full and I got no discount off my purchase since they refused to negotiate. I paid sticker + all the other stuff. Both parties signed off on everything that was done. To my knoweldge that seals the deal.

How liable am I for this claimed amount almost 3 months later?

Everything was signed and dealt with the amount was agree'd on and signed... is that not a done deal?? can they really just out of the blue 3 months later say , hey actually we were supposed to charge you this amount.? Pay up now thanks.

I just got home so I haven't had time to do the math and see where this number is coming from or how they managed that "mistake".
Nor do I think that the inconvenience they are causing me if I do agree to pay up should go without any compensation.

Anyways... as per the title of this post... Not impressed with this call.

FML.
those must be some fancy ground effects...what could possibly cost an additional 35 k over what you already paid...
WHITE STRIPES
20 INCH POLISHED WHEELS
BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR
:5thgenvert:
PUNKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:43 AM   #14
fast orange
Account Suspended

Drives: 2003 Corvette, 2009 ChallengerSRT8
sit tight, if you have a contract that you have paid in full, i don't think they can legally seek more money, they will try to scare you with official looking paper work, once that starts it might be good to visit a lawyer for advise
fast orange is offline   Reply With Quote