Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #99
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsr1 View Post
Mine too. Had it for 19 months and she only has a little over 500 miles.
That's an average of 26 miles a month, what's the point in having it?

I driving mine for work about 3 days a week and for pleasure on the weekends. I have a 2003 avalanche for bad weather.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #100
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Every day! Even drove it through 7 inches of snow... Wouldn't advise.
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #101
Mersades
Web Geek Chick & NHRA fan

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJM
I just celebrated my one year anniverary of having Raven as my daily driver. I would not have it any other way.

First thing I bought her was new tires. Hubby and I work together and switch off days between our cars, and we agreed to take his Accord if snow is in the forecast. Last winter we were hit by an unforecast storm late in the day and I had driven the Camaro... I was very impressed with how she handled. Way better than prior rear wheels I have had the fun of navigating through snow in. Tires + traction control helped a lot. That said, I would still rather take the Accord for snowy weather.

I end up washing mine every other or sometimes every weekend since the paint is dark. I don't mind... She is relaxing company.

I fully suggest driving the car as much as you are happy with! They are a blast.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #102
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
I drive my car daily in NJ. I have absolutely no problems EVER! If you can handle your car, and do NOT drive like an idiot in the rain/snow you will be fine. Just be careful, and don't worry about the car behind you when you are pulling onto a street like a grandma. They can wait, it's not worth your life or damaging your Camaro.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #103
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Mine only sees weekends and good Friday weather now. Have a 2000 S10 for a DD atm, but looking for a fullsized truck that I can tow it with eventually. Nothing wrong with our cars not being a DD, but also nothing wrong with them being a DD.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #104
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
Yup, Daily Driver unless there's snow or thunderstorms are expected (due to hail).......then the Trailblazer comes out.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #105
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Day in, day out. I can't even imagine having to worry about snow driving conditions. Mad sympathy for all y'all notherners.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #106
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Only had my LT2/RS automatic for a couple months. But I did drive it a few hundred miles through one of the worst rain storms I can remember at speeds greater than 70mph. It handled great. A lot better than my 06 Si 4cyl 6sp manual.

I drove my my Si through 7 Cleveland winters with 17" low profile performance tires without a spot of rust and no accidents. 54 mile commute mostly highway into downtown Cleveland. I did believe I was going to die at least twice a year.

Anyways the Camaro has a higher ground clearance, 20" tires(thicker wheel walls) and a lot more weigth. I can't imagine the rear wheel drive will make it worse than what I'm used. And like that other guy said regular washing in the winter reduces the chance of rust.

If I'm wrong I'll let you know in a couple months.
Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #107
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
Only had my LT2/RS automatic for a couple months. But I did drive it a few hundred miles through one of the worst rain storms I can remember at speeds greater than 70mph. It handled great. A lot better than my 06 Si 4cyl 6sp manual.

I drove my my Si through 7 Cleveland winters with 17" low profile performance tires without a spot of rust and no accidents. 54 mile commute mostly highway into downtown Cleveland. I did believe I was going to die at least twice a year.

Anyways the Camaro has a higher ground clearance, 20" tires(thicker wheel walls) and a lot more weigth. I can't imagine the rear wheel drive will make it worse than what I'm used. And like that other guy said regular washing in the winter reduces the chance of rust.

If I'm wrong I'll let you know in a couple months.
Good luck. I had a so-so time a few winters ago back when I had the V6. I put all season tires on it (Yokohama something or others) and it did sort of OK. Light snow wasn't too bad, but if the snow got deep enough to reach the underbody, it was trouble. It's really not the ideal winter vehicle, but with snow tires, it probably wouldn't be half bad.

It also depends on how bad a winter we get. I remember a few years ago when it was like 80 degrees in February, and then another year the snow seemed like it would never end. I've been waiting for a HUGE snowstorm since I bought my Jeep, and it hasn't really happened yet. Last winter was pretty weak.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #108
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
Straight up daily here, I hate rush hour but what can you do. I was contemplating getting a nissan leaf for daily purposes since we can lease them for cheap through work, but I only have 1 parking spot #1stworldproblems.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #109
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
2012 with 21k miles of awesomeness. It is a great car to be stuck in traffic with!
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #110
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Good luck. I had a so-so time a few winters ago back when I had the V6. I put all season tires on it (Yokohama something or others) and it did sort of OK. Light snow wasn't too bad, but if the snow got deep enough to reach the underbody, it was trouble. It's really not the ideal winter vehicle, but with snow tires, it probably wouldn't be half bad.

It also depends on how bad a winter we get. I remember a few years ago when it was like 80 degrees in February, and then another year the snow seemed like it would never end. I've been waiting for a HUGE snowstorm since I bought my Jeep, and it hasn't really happened yet. Last winter was pretty weak.
Cool someone that knows the hell that is Cleveland weather.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #111
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
Cool someone that knows the hell that is Cleveland weather.
LOL, yeah, gotta love it, hehe. Mother Nature sure has a sense of humor.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 AM   #112
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Yes we experience all four seasons in one week in either of the winter months here. It takes a lot of confidence and skill to drive in these conditions.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote