Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Exclamation Stabilitrak and Reduced Power

UPDATE:
It's been a while but finally the problem was fixed. I hope the following helps somebody out.
I ordered the ECM for my car made by ACDelco off Amazon and installed them at my local mechanic's shop hoping it would solve the problem. It didn't. The service Stabilitrak errors still appeared. I was told the car's alignment might affect the Stabilitrak so we took it to the best alignment shop in town, and the error message was still there. I took it to another dealership and asked them to run a diagnosis. This is what they found:

There was a communication problem between the ECM and the ABS module, the most probable cause of which was a short circuit in the wiring. And as predicted, and one week and a half later, the damaged wiring was replaced, and the car runs like brand new.

My car is now running stronger than ever and no service stabilitrak errors nor check engine problems occur.

If you are in Lebanon, make sure to check Monza Cars in Beirut for the best service for Camaros in Lebanon.

Hope this helps someone else out!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fellow Camaro owners,

After a search I feel the need to start a new thread and ask you guys about a problem that has been happening to me, perhaps someone knows the solution.

When in first gear and under heavy acceleration, my dash will flash service stabilitrak and won't allow me to switch to 2nd gear (I have an auto) even if I press the upshift button. It will take the RPM up to redline and then back. After that I can change to second gear but the stabilitrak icon stays light up and the car feels as if there is no traction. When I simply turn it off and back on again, the error disappears and the car goes back to normal unless I repeat the above process.

When negotiating a curve, a slight increase in power making the tail kick out makes all of the lights in my dash light-up and the center console displays reduced engine power and the car shuts down. I cannot turn the car back on. I have to wait for about 10 minutes until I can start the car back on, but with the check engine light on. I insert my OBD scanner and error P0606 appears. After research, P0606 concerns the car's ECM.

I talked to my local mechanic and he said that there is nothing related to the ECM. He inserted his MDI and mentioned the ABS had flashed 5 times. I have also read online it could be related to the throttle body?

Mods to my car are Roto-Fab cold air intake, no cats, magnaflow muffler and an IPF tune. The car sits 1.4" lower with BMR drop springs and Hankook Ventus tires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by paul44; 11-01-2014 at 01:39 PM.
paul44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Did you read this thread? If not, it seems to suggest that you need to have the ECM replaced. Good luck

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318621
"STREET LEGAL" 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible -- 2.9l Whipple Supercharger, CDC SportBar, Cordon CR-1 and MRR M017 wheels, Hex Vents, RPI ZL1 Splitter, CAI, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, high-flow cats, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.875" pulley, ADM FPCM, 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit, Elite Catch Can, APEX scoop and washer bottle relocation kit, Hotchkis lowering springs, BMR sways, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, 620 rwhp, 564 rwtq, and tuned by Andrew Zurick of Complete Street Performance by way of Maryland Speed.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #3
paul44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwk1971 View Post
Did you read this thread? If not, it seems to suggest that you need to have the ECM replaced. Good luck

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318621
Yeah I did but his symptoms are different and the OP didn't post an update to his solution
Old 09-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul44 View Post
Yeah I did but his symptoms are different and the OP didn't post an update to his solution
I believe he said that they replaced his ECM, see post #5.
"STREET LEGAL" 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible -- 2.9l Whipple Supercharger, CDC SportBar, Cordon CR-1 and MRR M017 wheels, Hex Vents, RPI ZL1 Splitter, CAI, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, high-flow cats, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.875" pulley, ADM FPCM, 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit, Elite Catch Can, APEX scoop and washer bottle relocation kit, Hotchkis lowering springs, BMR sways, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, 620 rwhp, 564 rwtq, and tuned by Andrew Zurick of Complete Street Performance by way of Maryland Speed.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #5
paul44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwk1971 View Post
I believe he said that they replaced his ECM, see post #5.
Just checked you're right. I wonder why my mechanic said there is no need to replace the ECM. I'll try checking with someone else.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul44 View Post
Fellow Camaro owners,

After a search I feel the need to start a new thread and ask you guys about a problem that has been happening to me, perhaps someone knows the solution.

When in first gear and under heavy acceleration, my dash will flash service stabilitrak and won't allow me to switch to 2nd gear (I have an auto) even if I press the upshift button. It will take the RPM up to redline and then back. After that I can change to second gear but the stabilitrak icon stays light up and the car feels as if there is no traction. When I simply turn it off and back on again, the error disappears and the car goes back to normal unless I repeat the above process.

When negotiating a curve, a slight increase in power making the tail kick out makes all of the lights in my dash light-up and the center console displays reduced engine power and the car shuts down. I cannot turn the car back on. I have to wait for about 10 minutes until I can start the car back on, but with the check engine light on. I insert my OBD scanner and error P0606 appears. After research, P0606 concerns the car's ECM.

I talked to my local mechanic and he said that there is nothing related to the ECM. He inserted his MDI and mentioned the ABS had flashed 5 times. I have also read online it could be related to the throttle body?

Mods to my car are Roto-Fab cold air intake, no cats, magnaflow muffler and an IPF tune. The car sits 1.4" lower with BMR drop springs and Hankook Ventus tires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Typically when the Stabiltrak light flashes there is a Misfire, could be a spark plug problem.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #7
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Seems like everyone that has this problem has put a CAI in. No?

How long does it take for them to replace the ECU?
Old 09-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #8
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyBlue View Post
Seems like everyone that has this problem has put a CAI in. No?

How long does it take for them to replace the ECU?

All of about 2.8 seconds lol....a few fasteners and connector plugs is all there is to it...
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #9
1KillerSS

One thing for the OP.... my very first tune attempt on my car, like two months after I bought it....produced that same message. I have since re-tuned and it has gone away. one of the biggest differences with the tunes is the amount of timing. The tune that produced the stabilitrak message had too much timing in it.

new tune...less timing and...No more Service Stabilitrak Message.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 09-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #10
paul44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
One thing for the OP.... my very first tune attempt on my car, like two months after I bought it....produced that same message. I have since re-tuned and it has gone away. one of the biggest differences with the tunes is the amount of timing. The tune that produced the stabilitrak message had too much timing in it.

new tune...less timing and...No more Service Stabilitrak Message.
Thanks for your help. I'll make sure to pass this info to my tuner so he can check my tune...it's weird since I've had this same tune for about 3 months by now.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #11
1KillerSS

I hope that helps....your problem does not quite sound the same, but they may have the same cause.

Keep us posted.

Build thread
Old 11-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #12
paul44

Update: car was fixed...please check first post for details.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:08 PM   #13
Brandon_Ls

Drives: 2013 Camaro Ls
This is exactly what is happening to my car! I have the vtc throttle controller, arh downpipes, and a custom catback exhaust system, did they do this job for you at the dealer?
Brandon_Ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:53 AM   #14
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Before you do anything else remove the VTC for a few days and see if that fixes it . There are lots of posts about VTC's not always being compatible with mods.
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote