Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #1
Antbox530

Drives: 2013 1LE
Android powered tuner?

Who would be interested in a tuner that flashed via your Android phone with datalogging and code clearing for around $200?

On my last car, this was doable and I'm sure the dev would be willing to work with this platform as it's a lot simpler tuning wise if there's enough support. It's an app you get on the play store, get a ODB2 to USB, and an otg cable and it's plug and play.
Antbox530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
Joe Schmo

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antbox530 View Post
Who would be interested in a tuner that flashed via your Android phone with datalogging and code clearing for around $200?

On my last car, this was doable and I'm sure the dev would be willing to work with this platform as it's a lot simpler tuning wise if there's enough support. It's an app you get on the play store, get a ODB2 to USB, and an otg cable and it's plug and play.

Sounds interesting, for sure...
Joe Schmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Ain't no way I would let any Android powered anything near my ECM or TCM but thats just me. My Android phone is prone to crapping out sometimes not something you want to have happen mid-flash.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antbox530 View Post

dont be telling everyone about my business idea dude!!
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:38 PM   #5
Antbox530

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Ain't no way I would let any Android powered anything near my ECM or TCM but thats just me. My Android phone is prone to crapping out sometimes not something you want to have happen mid-flash.
Its completely safe. Quite a few people on the other platform had their battery die mid flash. You just restart the process, won't brick your ECU.

Either way, the dev said he wasn't interested.
Antbox530 is offline   Reply With Quote