Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 03-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #71
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
Question

So when are we all going to get together and show the world that New Mexico has quite a few 5th Gen Camaro's out here! I think the weather is supposed to be nice this coming weekend. Any ideas?
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:54 AM   #72
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethgrce View Post
So when are we all going to get together and show the world that New Mexico has quite a few 5th Gen Camaro's out here! I think the weather is supposed to be nice this coming weekend. Any ideas?
I'm installing the Catback this Sunday but you guys should plan something. Joe Diaz says it's gonna be nice so...bamski!

Need to get something going.

-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #73
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Do you guys Auto cross at all? There's a good one on the WEST SIDE at sagebrush church that I've been going to for over a year now. Great place to push your car to it's limits safely. IT's free and they usually have them once a month except during the winter. There's one this friday the 18th that I'll be hitting up for a couple hours. Starts at 5pm, usually goes till 9-10.

I just dropped my car an inch, gotta break the new springs in!
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #74
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Ok I'll ask the stupid question. Are you saying a church has a track?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #75
Soundwave

Hahaha. Wouldn't that be the day? No, I dunno if you've seen sagebrush, it's a gigantic parking lot that they close off and set up a small cone course. It's not like SCCA stuff, but fun none the less and let's you hash it out with your car to discover it's limitations.

This will give you a good idea of what it's like.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #76
ZZTOM

Hey somebody had to ask, so I thought I would so we could move on. Thanks, that looks like a whole lot of fun and will have to check it out!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #77
ReJeweled_SS
2010 Camaro SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Bad Karma Posted this.. anyone else interested. I just joined today and i'm happy to see a forum for ABQ. This week end looks like its gonna be pretty sunny. A nice day for a cruise!!!

ABQ Dragway this weekend (27th)??
I keep hearing rumblings that they are opening this weekend and that a few are going to be heading up that way.

Any takers here?? I'm supposed to work but would love a reason to get "sick" and go.

Anybody planning on going?
-Ivan
ReJeweled_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #78
ReJeweled_SS
2010 Camaro SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS

ReJeweled_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #79
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
If there is enough interest, we would consider holding a cruise-in here at the shop for the local Camaro group. could be done on an evening or weekend. what ever works for everyone.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #80
Soundwave

Clutch and motor need a lot more miles before I consider that! Only at 433 after a month!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #81
ZZTOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Got some Eibachs coming tuesday, 1" drop will be perfect. Heritage grill on it's way.

Did you lower your car yet? If yes can you fill us in on it and maybe some pics to.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #82
Soundwave

Yeah I did it last wednesday, and got it aligned the day after. Install was cake, took me about 3 hours alone on jack stands. I just did the Eibach springs, 1" drop and it was PERFECT. Way more aggressive without having to scrape over every speed bump/drive way in town. Car feels just the same ride wise as it did before, I'm still amazed at how much better it looks though. I'll throw up some pics for you here before the end of the week. I've been so busy with a bunch of other stuff I haven't had time to start my huge photo album of the camaro yet haha.

Picked up these cool mats that came in yesterday too.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73011
Old 03-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #83
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReJeweled_SS View Post
Bad Karma Posted this.. anyone else interested. I just joined today and i'm happy to see a forum for ABQ. This week end looks like its gonna be pretty sunny. A nice day for a cruise!!!

ABQ Dragway this weekend (27th)??
I keep hearing rumblings that they are opening this weekend and that a few are going to be heading up that way.

Any takers here?? I'm supposed to work but would love a reason to get "sick" and go.

Anybody planning on going?
-Ivan
Hey! Welcome aboard! Been wondering where the RJT SS cars have been!

I was super geeked up to go but after todays brilliant weather, I am going to go into work as there are bound to be call ins...which will result in OT for me. I might try and break out around 4 to go...even though it says that it ends at 4 it never does. Unless weather is a no go.

Which it might be. Either way, it's only going to start getting better out so sooner than later we'll need to plan a cruise in or something and start meeting each other instead of sitting at PC screens and talking about it.

If you happen to go, take note of the cars out there and what they are running. Would be cool to know.

-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #84
Soundwave

Any of you local guys swap to new wheels? I'm looking for an extra set so I can get some PC work done without all the headaches of having to take the tires/tpms sensors off mine and being without a car for a couple days.