Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-24-2016, 12:10 PM   #519
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Is that a pic of Shags and Sanjay? I see a strong family resemblance.haha
haha
shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:55 AM   #520
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabeyta21 View Post
Derek. I remember readin somewhere you were schedulin a full dyno day in august to compare all these products for Will and show their individual gains. That still on? Haha

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Yessir. On for August 1st!
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:05 AM   #521
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
Yessir. On for August 1st!
Saweet
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:37 AM   #522
Jabeyta21

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Monday?! Man, that came quick.
Yo sanjay i finally deleted my cats yesterday. Rasp bad!! Did urs ever go away?

Jabeyta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #523
Camarillo ZL6

Drives: All Black 2012 Camaro LT
Quote:
Yo sanjay i finally deleted my cats yesterday. Rasp bad!! Did urs ever go away?

Do you have a resonated X-Pipe?

2012 Camaro LT
| Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe | Muffler Delete | Vitesse Throttle Controller |
Camarillo ZL6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #524
Jabeyta21

Na i got a regular xpipe but i had zero rasp before. Dammit lol

Old 07-27-2016, 01:12 PM   #525
Jabeyta21

I jus found out myself

Old 07-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #526
Jabeyta21

You know it sucks cuz I had bought one and I took it to the muffler shop and they convinced me not to put it on when I did my exhaust years ago and I swapped them for the and I swapped them for the x pipe thats on it. I knew i shoulda put it on

Old 07-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #527
Camarillo ZL6

Drives: All Black 2012 Camaro LT
Quote:
You know it sucks cuz I had bought one and I took it to the muffler shop and they convinced me not to put it on when I did my exhaust years ago and I swapped them for the and I swapped them for the x pipe thats on it. I knew i shoulda put it on

You DUNN DERR GOOFEDDD BOOYYYY! lol Res X Pipe is like a condom for the lfx.Without it,bad things happen...like rasp....and other stuff that I can't mention on here..

2012 Camaro LT
| Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe | Muffler Delete | Vitesse Throttle Controller |
Camarillo ZL6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:36 PM   #528
Jabeyta21

I kno now im pissed bout it but oh well since i ended up needing it anyways i bet i can talk him into workin somethin out lol cuz it sounds horrible.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #529
Chantro5

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
As a few of you know, I have the entire line of Overkill Products on its way, or already here, and will be doing some dyno testing back and forth from a standard TB, VMAX TB, and Overkill TB, as well as tuned and not tuned, using Overkill's EFILive Tuning service.

Tuning Service: Will is sending me a few base tunes, an 87 Octane tune, and a 91/93 tune, then we will be datalogging with EFILive and Autocal to fine tune a base tune. The ability to datalog with EFILive and the Autocal is going to prove very beneficial, that way Will can see every little change and can update your custom tune, accordingly. And the nice thing is, once you purchase the service from Will, no more paying for tuning (on that vehicle) again. You make a change, datalog, send it to Will, he will update the tune. Most places charge $50-100 to update a tune.

And, for those of you who are unsure of using a "new guy" in the Camaro world....just google "Overkill tune LFX".....nothing but amazing stuff out there.

80mm Throttle Body: I have received this already, with the needed adapter plate, and instructions. As of right now, it has NOT been installed, as I have the CAI Intake, which has that funky shaped intake tube, so waiting on a few options to test for the silicone elbow. When I receive the elbows and test, I will post up what elbows/parts I have found to be the best fit/finish for the CAI guys. The fact that the 80mm TB sticks out a little farther than the standard/VMAX TB, should help me in finding a proper elbow.

Word of advice when installing the 80mm TB-mount everything up FIRST before siliconing/gasket material-ing the TB and the adapter plate together. The adapter plate can go on multiple ways on the intake manifold. But the TB can only mount up one way, properly. Ill show pictures of this when i go to reinstall.

E85 Flex Fuel Retrofit Kit: This should also get here next week, along with my tuning equipment. Flex Fuel, for a daily driver, is not necessarily desirable or needed. But for maximum performance, especially with F/I, E85 can boost horsepower considerably. Now, that being said, your vehicle must be tuned to run on it as well. With the Flex fuel retrofit kit, the sensor will automatically pickup on the fact that there is E85 and adjust its tuning-AS LONG AS YOUR TUNE IS SETUP PROPERLY. Will's tunes do just that. If you get the E85 kit and Wills tuning service, he will setup the tune for E85 activation for you as well. My intentions with E85 are to maximize performance gains on a N/A engine, with Nitrous coming soon.

So far the service and support I have gotten from Will has been top notch. A little slow on the communication (Sorry Will, gotta let everyone know, just to expect that, so they dont worry), but has always answered all of my questions and has never once overstated or pushed his products on me. He is extremely knowledgable. Never once have i read "well my tune will do THIS, compared to X tune". He is very open and honest about what it should do, and what to expect. I like that. Let the product make the statement. As I said earlier, if you google Overkill Tuning reviews......every single person and review has been incredible.

So, that being said.......here is a picture of the TB. Its here. Just waiting on some intake tubes for testing.

Shawno72 has also received his tuning service....hopefully he will post up with initial thoughts.

I will be updating this thread with my install and information as I get it.
Noob question, but I like to know instead of wondering. Hey Will I recently purchased the throttle body. When would it ship and is there the $200 rebate with sending in my old TB or is it just I bought one and have a spare now?