Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2019, 07:34 PM   #15
jvervoren
 
Drives: 2012 Silver ZL1 M6
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Charlestown IN
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
You just said you wanted to roll stock injectors?

If he is not over 6 ft and 270 lbs Im bigger LS guy
I would prefer to but like I said I would consider buying them. Yeah he's a LS beast but yeah you are bigger lol

How much is your package above that you mentioned
__________________
2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6 504whp/517tq

1997 Honda Accord AKA Beater with the heater. The daily
2015 RAM 1500 (sold)
2014 Mustang GT bolt ons and spray (sold)
jvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:56 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvervoren View Post
I would prefer to but like I said I would consider buying them. Yeah he's a LS beast but yeah you are bigger lol

How much is your package above that you mentioned
You would need a tuner the ATI damper pulley belt and bolt, spark plugs wires, catch can, to add to your existing mods. Custom tune is FREE with purchase of above tuner and parts.

Call for an estimate. 203-753-7223
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 33 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:53 AM   #17
jvervoren
 
Drives: 2012 Silver ZL1 M6
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Charlestown IN
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
You would need a tuner the ATI damper pulley belt and bolt, spark plugs wires, catch can, to add to your existing mods. Custom tune is FREE with purchase of above tuner and parts.

Call for an estimate. 203-753-7223
I have talked to a few people but a catch can isn't really needed nor plug wires.. I mean I'm just looking to add a pulley and maybe some injectors. I mean I get you are trying to sell parts but I'd like to see some other opinions from members and not just someone just trying to sell parts.
__________________
2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6 504whp/517tq

1997 Honda Accord AKA Beater with the heater. The daily
2015 RAM 1500 (sold)
2014 Mustang GT bolt ons and spray (sold)
jvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #18
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvervoren View Post
I have talked to a few people but a catch can isn't really needed nor plug wires.. I mean I'm just looking to add a pulley and maybe some injectors. I mean I get you are trying to sell parts but I'd like to see some other opinions from members and not just someone just trying to sell parts.

You are talking to the wrong people.

No I am not trying to sell parts I am offering FREE advice on what will work best for your car and offering you an option where you don't have to purchase injectors.

If you choose to head Professional advice and decide JRE is where you want to spend your money, We appreciate it very much!

I Owned a 2013 ZL-1 for 6 years, and did extensive testing, dyno, drag strip, and road coarse.

Ted.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 33 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #19
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1
 
RobZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: ATL
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvervoren View Post
I have talked to a few people but a catch can isn't really needed nor plug wires.. I mean I'm just looking to add a pulley and maybe some injectors. I mean I get you are trying to sell parts but I'd like to see some other opinions from members and not just someone just trying to sell parts.
Based on what it sounds like you're looking for (a little more power through a pulley change), here's what I'd do if it was my car:

1) Buy a lower pulley instead of the upper. If you do get an upper, I'd only buy a ZPE/Griptec 2.55 upper, due to the design features to try to stave-off belt slip. That said, it is more invasive to install an upper since you must remove the snout and use a press. The larger lower pulley installs more easily in my opinion and you get more belt wrap that way. I'd personally always go lower pulley first, then upper if/when you get to the point that you've maxed out the lower. That's what I've done with my car. I will want a little more pulley with my next round of mods, which will force me to replace the upper, because I'm maxed out on the bottom.

I'd suggest an 8.66" pulley if you don't want to do injectors, but you can run a 9.17", 9.55", or 10" on 93 octane if you are okay with buying headers, injectors, a boost-a-pump, cooler spark plugs, and some cooling mods. If you're going to stop modding here for a while, I'd stick with an 8.66". If you think you want more in the future, I'd probably pick up the 9.17", injectors, BAP, headers, and cooler spark plugs this time around.

2) I personally think a catch can is a good idea. Necessary? ...No Advisable? ...Absolutely.

3) I don't think a thermostat is necessary. Change the fans in the tune and it will run cooler than stock and remain in a tight window of temps.

4) Spark plug wires are like the catch can. Not exactly necessary to make the car run, but they are advisable.

If you think you will just do a pulley and be done with it, then pick up the 8.66" lower, get it installed and calibrated, and rock-and-roll! Personally, I'd get a catch can also, but that's just me. If you decide to go farther in the future, then you certainly can.
__________________
2014 Red Hot #1503 | TBD SAE | RotoFab | 28% OD | GP Tuning 2.5 Cam | 1-7/8 LT's | JMS BAP | ID850 | TR7IX | MSD Wires |
APEX Catch Can | JRE Breather | Monster LT1-S Triple | C&R HEX | RotoFab Res | Racing Brake Rotors | Self-Tuned w/ HPT
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #20
ZMEnow

 
Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
You just said you wanted to roll stock injectors?

If he is not over 6 ft and 270 lbs Im bigger LS guy
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #21
jvervoren
 
Drives: 2012 Silver ZL1 M6
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Charlestown IN
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Based on what it sounds like you're looking for (a little more power through a pulley change), here's what I'd do if it was my car:

1) Buy a lower pulley instead of the upper. If you do get an upper, I'd only buy a ZPE/Griptec 2.55 upper, due to the design features to try to stave-off belt slip. That said, it is more invasive to install an upper since you must remove the snout and use a press. The larger lower pulley installs more easily in my opinion and you get more belt wrap that way. I'd personally always go lower pulley first, then upper if/when you get to the point that you've maxed out the lower. That's what I've done with my car. I will want a little more pulley with my next round of mods, which will force me to replace the upper, because I'm maxed out on the bottom.

I'd suggest an 8.66" pulley if you don't want to do injectors, but you can run a 9.17", 9.55", or 10" on 93 octane if you are okay with buying headers, injectors, a boost-a-pump, cooler spark plugs, and some cooling mods. If you're going to stop modding here for a while, I'd stick with an 8.66". If you think you want more in the future, I'd probably pick up the 9.17", injectors, BAP, headers, and cooler spark plugs this time around.

2) I personally think a catch can is a good idea. Necessary? ...No Advisable? ...Absolutely.

3) I don't think a thermostat is necessary. Change the fans in the tune and it will run cooler than stock and remain in a tight window of temps.

4) Spark plug wires are like the catch can. Not exactly necessary to make the car run, but they are advisable.

If you think you will just do a pulley and be done with it, then pick up the 8.66" lower, get it installed and calibrated, and rock-and-roll! Personally, I'd get a catch can also, but that's just me. If you decide to go farther in the future, then you certainly can.

Awesome!! Thank you so much for that write up!!
__________________
2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6 504whp/517tq

1997 Honda Accord AKA Beater with the heater. The daily
2015 RAM 1500 (sold)
2014 Mustang GT bolt ons and spray (sold)
jvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:21 PM   #22
jvervoren
 
Drives: 2012 Silver ZL1 M6
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Charlestown IN
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
You are talking to the wrong people.

No I am not trying to sell parts I am offering FREE advice on what will work best for your car and offering you an option where you don't have to purchase injectors.

If you choose to head Professional advice and decide JRE is where you want to spend your money, We appreciate it very much!

I Owned a 2013 ZL-1 for 6 years, and did extensive testing, dyno, drag strip, and road coarse.

Ted.
Thank you as well!!
__________________
2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6 504whp/517tq

1997 Honda Accord AKA Beater with the heater. The daily
2015 RAM 1500 (sold)
2014 Mustang GT bolt ons and spray (sold)
jvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:22 PM   #23
jvervoren
 
Drives: 2012 Silver ZL1 M6
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Charlestown IN
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Based on what it sounds like you're looking for (a little more power through a pulley change), here's what I'd do if it was my car:

1) Buy a lower pulley instead of the upper. If you do get an upper, I'd only buy a ZPE/Griptec 2.55 upper, due to the design features to try to stave-off belt slip. That said, it is more invasive to install an upper since you must remove the snout and use a press. The larger lower pulley installs more easily in my opinion and you get more belt wrap that way. I'd personally always go lower pulley first, then upper if/when you get to the point that you've maxed out the lower. That's what I've done with my car. I will want a little more pulley with my next round of mods, which will force me to replace the upper, because I'm maxed out on the bottom.

I'd suggest an 8.66" pulley if you don't want to do injectors, but you can run a 9.17", 9.55", or 10" on 93 octane if you are okay with buying headers, injectors, a boost-a-pump, cooler spark plugs, and some cooling mods. If you're going to stop modding here for a while, I'd stick with an 8.66". If you think you want more in the future, I'd probably pick up the 9.17", injectors, BAP, headers, and cooler spark plugs this time around.

2) I personally think a catch can is a good idea. Necessary? ...No Advisable? ...Absolutely.

3) I don't think a thermostat is necessary. Change the fans in the tune and it will run cooler than stock and remain in a tight window of temps.

4) Spark plug wires are like the catch can. Not exactly necessary to make the car run, but they are advisable.

If you think you will just do a pulley and be done with it, then pick up the 8.66" lower, get it installed and calibrated, and rock-and-roll! Personally, I'd get a catch can also, but that's just me. If you decide to go farther in the future, then you certainly can.
Dumb question I know but I believe it's around here somewhere but what is the belt size if I went with a 8.66?
__________________
2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6 504whp/517tq

1997 Honda Accord AKA Beater with the heater. The daily
2015 RAM 1500 (sold)
2014 Mustang GT bolt ons and spray (sold)
jvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:24 PM   #24
jvervoren
 
Drives: 2012 Silver ZL1 M6
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Charlestown IN
Posts: 45
Found it nevermind!
__________________
2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6 504whp/517tq

1997 Honda Accord AKA Beater with the heater. The daily
2015 RAM 1500 (sold)
2014 Mustang GT bolt ons and spray (sold)
jvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:38 PM   #25
ZMEnow

 
Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvervoren View Post
Awesome!! Thank you so much for that write up!!
To add to Rob’s list I would definitely get from Ted the Metco with quick release once you change either pulley.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:23 PM   #26
FasNuf
 
FasNuf's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Oregon
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvervoren View Post
Thanks!! I suppose doing a pulley that doesn't require injectors probably isn't worth it anyway then?
If you can put a pulley on the upper snout, adding bigger injectors will be the easy part.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.