Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
Weatherz

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Coolant reservoir

Anyone have a roto-fab reservoir in stock, tuner recommended and Iím having a hard time tracking one down!
Weatherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:18 AM   #2
NZZL1

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Camaro M6
I am not certain but I think that as a intercooler reservoir, they were withdrawn from sale. As a windscreen washer reservoir (same but with smaller hose fittings) they are still available.
NZZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #3
Juiced1

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
We sell the Prospeed systems. The Lingenfelter branded Rotofab systems are not available anymore.
We carry and install all the hottest brands for your Camaro! Get awesome deals on Corsa, Borla, Solo, ARH, SW, Whipple, Kooks, Procharger, Vararam, CAI, Roto-Fab, Texas Speed, ATI, ACS and much more! Call us for your CAMARO5/CAMARO6 Forum discount today! 224-63-JUICE
1820 PRODUCTION DR STE D ST CHARLES IL 60174
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #4
silversleeper
Some ol' dude

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherz View Post
Anyone have a roto-fab reservoir in stock, tuner recommended and Iím having a hard time tracking one down!
Didn't some people have them work great then some molding problems on the tank so the cap didn't seal on later units?
I respect their decisions to withdraw them if they weren't up to quality of the brand. I am completely satisfied with their CAI and quality.
You might want to look at a different unit than Easter Egg hunt for the one that might leak
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
FASTFATBOY

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I have a BK Fab, it mounts in the same spot
FASTFATBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:31 PM   #6
Vegas Bound

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Didn't some people have them work great then some molding problems on the tank so the cap didn't seal on later units?
I respect their decisions to withdraw them if they weren't up to quality of the brand. I am completely satisfied with their CAI and quality.
You might want to look at a different unit than Easter Egg hunt for the one that might leak

This^^^^^^^.

I have had 2 and both leak at the cap. I have to wind several wraps of teflon tape to keep it from leaking.
TBD 1/4 mile
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #7
Weatherz

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Ya the shop I take my car to recommended it, said he knows about the leaking happening to people but has had no calls from his customers about leaks. Honestly for me I just want something effective for the price. The other brands are usually crazy priced for a tank with some fittings. I donít think having to use some Teflon tape would steer me away from something I will never open. I donít work on my car myself besides oil changes and it wonít be tracked/dragged. Appreciate the input
Weatherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #8
Vegas Bound

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Keep in mind, if the cap is over tightened one time, the threads on the tank are stripped. Time for a new tank.
TBD 1/4 mile
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #9
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherz View Post
D3/Prospeed, you wonít be sorry.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote