Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-04-2019, 02:31 PM   #239
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Trifecta tune is a real tune that improves performance. Ghost cam is just a feature which modifies ignition timing in the ECU and creates a lope.

And NO it does not HURT your engine when tuned properly.
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #240
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
yea, Ghost does nothing for the car, once you step on the gas it's gone.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #241
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
I have a M6 and the Vitesse TB control installed for three years now,fantastic mod,works very well with the v-max CnCed TB,and a trinity tune.Along with the 391's pure fun!!
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:48 PM   #242
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Well I finally got my VTC installed this weekend. Crawling under that dash? Not fun. But it’s in.

Overall impression - a nice add; I settled on SP4 as about right. It definitely improves the throttle response; give it a little gas and it kicks down quickly into a lower gear (I have a V6 6A). With the stock throttle control, that always took a little while.

I tried SP9 (highest setting). I was expecting a wild ride but not really hard to control at all in that mode; just even the lightest application of throttle caused the car to kick down into a lower gear. Just more than is really needed in my opinion.

Does it make the car feel like an L99 V8? I’ve never driven a Gen 5 SS and I really love my Camaro, but if an SS felt like my car does with the VTC, I’d be pretty damn disappointed. I’ve driven my dad’s Mustang GT Vert; it’s an 86 and is probably close to the Gen 5 V6 in overall performance (it is 225hp stock I believe), but that said it’s a different feel with the torque and the 5M and the rumble.

So...overall happy with the addition but would temper expectations - it’s still the same car.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote