Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-17-2019, 01:16 AM   #1
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Opinions Needed Please - Skip to bottom

Ok guys, been a little while since I finished the cam swap. I wanted to start this thread, since it's in the issues column. So basically 1st off, car still is not tuned for the new cam yet. Waiting on my exhaust thats on back order, b/c tuner wants to tune the car as it will be after its all done (which is understandable). So my issue is that starting around 2k, I have a skip/Hesitation so to speak. Keep in mind that the cam I just pulled was a 216/229, and the new cam is a 226/232, but I've had this issue even with the old cam, now it just seems more defined (if that makes since). I worked w/ my remote tuner (no names, but you know) and never could correct the issue. The old cam had a whine, and that coupled with the hesitation is what led me to change to current cam. I WILL NOTE THAT I AM CURRENTLY ON THE OLD CAM TUNE. I'm thinking this is tune related, as I have just replaced plugs with a set of TR6, and had actually installed a set of TR7 previously for troubleshooting this issue. Also replaced wires with an extra good set I have. I have checked everything I can think of, and have even been looking (and read) the few threads on simular issues. Would MAF sensor cause this if its possibly tuned incorrectly? I just want to make sure its nothing im missing before I actually take it to the tuner finally. Sometimes in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear its present, but more times when just crusing and shifting into 4th or 5th under just moderate throttle starting at 2k. I'm sure I'm leaving some stuff out at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Gordy87; 09-28-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:54 AM   #2
Gordy87

Also, I still have my SCT X4, and keep it plugged in, is there any of the selections I can keep an eye on, and what kind of reading should I be looking for if so?
Old 09-22-2019, 11:26 AM   #3
Gordy87

No one?
Old 09-22-2019, 12:57 PM   #4
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Probably loading up with fuel, get a proper tune.....
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8One2 View Post
Probably loading up with fuel, get a proper tune.....
Agreed. Proper dyno tune. Once you cam, IMHO, mail order goes out the window.
And you say you are waiting on exhaust? Do you have headers already? I'm confused.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #6
Gordy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Agreed. Proper dyno tune. Once you cam, IMHO, mail order goes out the window.
And you say you are waiting on exhaust? Do you have headers already? I'm confused.
Kinda what I was thinking. Had nothing short of small issues since 1st cam install and getting remote tune. But also didnt get good response from tuner with trying to correct the issue. Car had the CAI, LTH, and full exhaust before 1st cam install, but the exhaust always had a slight leak where it coupled to the headers. After several attempts to stop it, just decided to change it this time around.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #7
Gordy87

Come on in. Opinions needed

Figured I wouldnt start another thread. And I have researched some, but looking for some specifics.

What is an AGGRESSIVE exhaust that will couple with my OBX headers? Was looking for something mid range, but at this point, I just want this thing back together so I can get it tuned. Had a Speed Engineering cat back on order, but it keeps getting put on back order. If nothing to couple right up, what ball flange connector (non cat) did yall go with? Please help..
Old 09-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #8
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
SW has some pretty good "in between" systems.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:53 AM   #9
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Have you checked the throttle position sensor? AKA Accelerator pedal position sensor? Sometimes they go bad but don't throw a code. Worth checking.
You said it did it with the old cam so I doubt it has anything to do with a tune unless you didnt tune that cam as well.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote