Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #29
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible

Curious to see how you think they sound after you get them. I assume you will be able to dyno them when you have your new dyno up and running? Are you planning to add aftermarket exhaust too?
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #30
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Interested....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:52 PM   #31
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
American Racing Headers for LFX.

I had forgotten about this. I remember being interested but never hearing anything else about it. Glad someone resurrected this from the dead. Looking forward to hearing your opinion and findings.

Was that price including shipping? I'm in NY so I could always go there.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #32
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I currently have the Gibson axle back installed. I will take before and after videos. I may change the mufflers out for SS mufflers.

I have Dyno time elsewhere scheduled at another location as my Dyno is currently still in the process of being assembled, and I have to build ramps to get a car up on it (it sits above ground, at least for the time being) so it's probably still a ways from getting a car on it, but I can probably take them off any do a before and after eventually. I won't be installing these hfc's until after the scheduled Dyno visit which will be on Aug 1st

As far as cost, I don't know if I can mention pricing because ARH is not a forum sponsor and the only hfc competitor is, but if you read my post above it gives you a real good idea how much cheaper these are, and minus another $125 if you don't want cats at all. I didn't bother to ask how much shipping was going to be, but I can't imagine it will be more that $30-40 extra
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #33
inferno2ls

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ls
ahhhhh

I just bought solos
inferno2ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #34
anthony.

Drives: summit white 2lt RS
EXCITING! love SOLO'S work, however they're pricing is ridiculous. if these won't ignite my CEL and are quality then im definitely in!
anthony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #35
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
I have to say that I'm not impressed with the sound of the posted videos. Lovin my resonated X pipe and muffler delete setup!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #36
12WhiteLS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I currently have the Gibson axle back installed. I will take before and after videos. I may change the mufflers out for SS mufflers.

I have Dyno time elsewhere scheduled at another location as my Dyno is currently still in the process of being assembled, and I have to build ramps to get a car up on it (it sits above ground, at least for the time being) so it's probably still a ways from getting a car on it, but I can probably take them off any do a before and after eventually. I won't be installing these hfc's until after the scheduled Dyno visit which will be on Aug 1st

As far as cost, I don't know if I can mention pricing because ARH is not a forum sponsor and the only hfc competitor is, but if you read my post above it gives you a real good idea how much cheaper these are, and minus another $125 if you don't want cats at all. I didn't bother to ask how much shipping was going to be, but I can't imagine it will be more that $30-40 extra
On a side note.....
I've been thinking about doing the swap to SS mufflers too but arent they much heavier than your gibson exhaust?
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #37
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

Drives: 2013 2LS RED CAMARO
Any thing on those ARH cats.how many hp/tq it's suppose to give you?
garvyf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:07 AM   #38
Jason@JacFab

American Racing Headers for LFX.

They weren't in stock and had to be made, 7-10 days out. I imagine gains are very similar to the competition, there's not much you can change to set yourself apart from the next guy aside from price.

The SS mufflers might be a couple pounds heavier than the stock v6 mufflers. The Gibson stuff was about 15lbs lighter than the v6 stuff but flows something like 20% worse (more restrictive)... Sure sounds good though. The SS mufflers flow about 17% better than the v6 mufflers. It's worth trying.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 07-21-2014 at 12:10 AM. Reason: adding more info
Old 07-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #39
Chris14RS

Drives: RRM RS v6
This is great! My cats just starting buzzing on me. 6,700 miles on my clock. Nice to have some more options. Was considering custom, but this changes things a bit.
Chris14RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #40
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

Drives: 2013 2LS RED CAMARO
I emailed them an ask what was the hp/tq gain. He said let me find out. I thought it was suppose to be info there for them to be able to explain to there customers what it is there buying. I ask him bout the dyno sheet said he'll get back with me
garvyf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #41
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvyf22 View Post
I emailed them an ask what was the hp/tq gain. He said let me find out. I thought it was suppose to be info there for them to be able to explain to there customers what it is there buying. I ask him bout the dyno sheet said he'll get back with me
I'm pretty sure they haven't dyno tested them, but I'm not certain. They should show very similar gains to the competitors high flow cats.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #42
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris14RS View Post
This is great! My cats just starting buzzing on me. 6,700 miles on my clock. Nice to have some more options. Was considering custom, but this changes things a bit.
Surely those would be covered by warranty? Unless you wanted to start upgrades already.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote