Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
Fieryfight

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT IBM Convertible
Dynomat for road noise?

I've got a few 3ft by 1.5ft panels of dynomat left over from another project and was wondering what the best place on the convertibles would be to put them. I was thinking the trunk and I may go ahead and order some more to do it completely but wanted opinions. And if the trunk is correct how do I remove the plastic pieces holding down the wiring without breaking them
Fieryfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryfight View Post
I've got a few 3ft by 1.5ft panels of dynomat left over from another project and was wondering what the best place on the convertibles would be to put them. I was thinking the trunk and I may go ahead and order some more to do it completely but wanted opinions. And if the trunk is correct how do I remove the plastic pieces holding down the wiring without breaking them
I did everything from the front seats back when I installed my custom stereo. It did quiet it down.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
Fieryfight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
I did everything from the front seats back when I installed my custom stereo. It did quiet it down.
Any idea of what area I should focus on first? And how many feet of material did you use for yours?
Old 03-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #4
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryfight View Post
Any idea of what area I should focus on first? And how many feet of material did you use for yours?

Start under your rear seat and work your way back. I used this. almost the whole roll. http://www.amazon.com/FatMat-Self-Ad...eywords=fatmat
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Dynamat is specifically designed to reduce and or eliminate resonation and distortion. It will help to reduce road noise, but other insulating materials will be more effective.
You may want to try the interior door panels, even doubling up- doing both inner and outer interior door panels. Additionally, the floorboards and fire walls are also good at reducing road noise. for maximum effect, you would want to use dyanamat with a product such as hushmat.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I did my SS Coupe from the front seat back to the rear body panel. Also the 1/4 panels and rear wheelhousings from the doors back. To answer your question re the trunk wiring, I left it in place and insulated right up to the harness on both sides. I was suprised that there is no unibody insultion on these 5th gen coupes.
My car is now wisper quiet inside even with my aftermarket exhaust. Do a SEARCH under Dynamat or Raammat
for other threads and posts plus photos here on camaro5.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #7
Fieryfight

Just got in there with some pliers and looks like the plastic pieces holding the wiring can be pulled off the screws with a little force without damaging it so that solves the issue of trying to go around those. I think I'm gonna do the back seats and trunk first then work my way forward as needed. Thanks for the tips and replies
Old 03-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
RBD

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
Hushmat is just like Dynamat its just a different brand......
RBD is offline   Reply With Quote